closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Creation Watches SKX’s

Craftsman

Creation Watches SKX’s

Thinking of buying an SKX009 from CreationWatches whilst they’re still available, don’t suppose anyone else has bought one from them recently and if so was it a good one (with decent chapter ring alignment etc)?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It doesn’t matter where you buy one from, there’s a 95% chance the chapter ring will be misaligned. Other than that, buying from Creation is fine.

Craftsman
    So have Seiko finally confirmed it is game over for the SKX then?

Or have people "heard it from a friend who, heard from a friend who, heard from another they'd been messing around..."

I picked up a J version from Creation last week, it worked out about 10% more expensive than the K version but the alignment was bang on.

I found a 5% off code which is CA31E, there are a few 10% ones out there but I couldn't get any of them to work on the day.

I also opted for the Royal Mail delivery which meant that there were no nasty surprises in terms of import duty, the only downside is that you do not receive the original box but you do get the stamped up Seiko guarantee card etc.

Journeyman
    Got one about a month ago, went with the Royal mail as well to avoid charges,
    of course the bezel is slightly out but a SKX without a misaligned bezel is not a real SKX!!
    That the line I tell myself

Scottie

Banned
    After sales service has traditionally been non existent from creation. Not a good place to buy from.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    After sales service has traditionally been non existent from creation. Not a good place to buy from.
    On the other hand, I've bought over 20 watches from Creation and never had a problem.

It's a Seiko SKX – what could possibly go wrong?

I’ve bought dozens from them and have had three issues; one they weren’t interested in helping with but the other two were returned and refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post

I bought 4 a few months ago whilst prices where cheap. 2 out of the 4 the bezels are incredibly still and are very difficult to turn. I would look at a more reliable seller if feasible.. You pay a bit more but at least you get watches that are usable

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK View Post
    I bought 4 a few months ago whilst prices where cheap. 2 out of the 4 the bezels are incredibly still and are very difficult to turn. I would look at a more reliable seller if feasible.. You pay a bit more but at least you get watches that are usable
    It’s interesting because I used to defend creation from this sort of thing, reason being everyone knew their customer service was bad BUT you bought because they were cheap and knew you’d either have to tinker or send to Seiko UK.

Creation aren’t manufacturing these watches and the hate really should be aimed at Seiko. Thing is I’ve seen some classic stuff on forums over the years and these watches are cheap tool watches that will do a good job on a diver’s wrist. Trouble is Tarquin in accounts buys one because TGV recommends it, spends all evening fitting his new £100 ‘Goat scrotum’ strap with a carefully laid out set of tools and sits there all day at work desk diving while looking at the imperfections. Yes, yes I know! It’s tongue in cheek!

Now it’s difficult to defend creation when they seem to be pricing them at the inflated ‘discontinued price’

I personally wouldn’t buy an skx from them nowadays just because they’re so expensive. There’s so many in the UK and I see plenty either on here or eBay that are almost unworn so what’s the point.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post

Or have people "heard it from a friend who, heard from a friend who, heard from another they'd been messing around..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5alFPHdP12Q

Craftsman
    Just worth mentioning after a previous reply here, that I have two SKXs. My black bezel version is a K variant and has an aligned chapter ring. My orange dial SKX is a J variant and has chapter ring misaligned. There is a difference in the finishing on both watches but I wouldn't say either one was better.

Basically, dont buy (at extra cost) a J variant thinking it's going to be a better quality watch. It really is pot luck as others have said.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've had a number of skx's in the recent past from Creation for modding. All had perfect alignment.
    On a side note, I recently ordered two Seiko 5's and a G-shock from them. The G-shock turned out to be an empty box, it certainly didn't look like the parcel had been tampered with en route. Creation refunded me in full for the Casio after about a week. That's the only problem I have ever had with them and it was sorted to my satisfaction (and I've got a free but pretty useless G-shock box too).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Geralt, thanks.

Master
    I bought an 007 for my son recently and all good - aslo went for the Royal Mail option

- - - Updated - - -

I bought an 007 for my son recently and all good - aslo went for the Royal Mail option

- - - Updated - - -

I bought an 007 for my son recently and all good - also went for the Royal Mail option

- - - Updated - - -

I bought an 007 for my son recently and all good - also went for the Royal Mail option

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the info gents, very useful, I think I will keep an eye out for a used one for a few weeks then take a punt on Creation if needs be following.

There does seem to be more ‘well lined up’ SKX’s in circulation nowadays, I wonder if it’s something Seiko resolved in the last couple of years of production ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I have a K series, about 18m old. Perfectly aligned :)

Master
    I got a 013k from Creation. No issues with postage or alignment.

Yeah similar to below, I bought a J version 007 from Creation about a year ago, really well aligned and a great timekeeper too. Sold on here.

It’s a funny thing with the SKX, I like the idea of having one, I get that it’s an icon etc. but I’ve had and sold about 3 or 4. In theory I like them but in practice I’m not bothered and just end up moving them on.

Master
    Pretty recently bought a 007j and a 009j from creation.
    Alignment is spot on on both only issue I have is that the time keeping on the 007 is rubbish, looses around 5 mins+ a day.
    I’m now looking for someone to send it to who can rectify this.
    Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post

Top tune sir lol

Craftsman
    I bought a 013 fron Creation about a year ago, all perfectly aligned and no issues.
    I bought a 009 from Yorkshire Watches which was also perfectly aligned however as a previous poster mentioned, the bezel was so stiff I could barely turn it. It was well and truly my beater watch so in the end I just removed the bezel O ring and it worked fine. Quality control is definitely down to Seiko, not the seller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    the bezel was so stiff I could barely turn it. It was well and truly my beater watch so in the end I just removed the bezel O ring and it worked fine.
    Lubricating the bezel o-ring/gasket with silicone grease has worked for me in the past.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    Top tune sir lol
    I was wandering if anyone would spot it - it is indeed.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    It’s a funny thing with the SKX, I like the idea of having one, I get that it’s an icon etc. but I’ve had and sold about 3 or 4. In theory I like them but in practice I’m not bothered and just end up moving them on.
    I can relate to this, i kind of always assumed it was because the ones i've had bugged me because they were mis-aligned...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I can relate to this, i kind of always assumed it was because the ones i've had bugged me because they were mis-aligned...

Having owned several SKX I can say with some confidence that it's not in the same league as the SRP Turtle despite costing a similar amount. Turtle's are also often afflicted with mis-alignment but if you can find a good one or get someone to correct the alignment, you'll have a superior watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Having owned several SKX I can say with some confidence that it's not in the same league as the SRP Turtle despite costing a similar amount. Turtle's are also often afflicted with mis-alignment but if you can find a good one or get someone to correct the alignment, you'll have a superior watch.
    The 007 and 009 were never meant to be priced as they are now in my opinion.

I remember getting them from creation for about £130 - £140 and it was not all that long ago.

Then afew years later I have a look and jesus Christ they are £250 odd.

People were grumbling back when they were cheap lol.

I think the Orient Ray 2 and Mako 2 at £110 still ( their prices stayed the same ) are way better value and much better buy`s now.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    The 007 and 009 were never meant to be priced as they are now in my opinion.

I remember getting them from creation for about £130 - £140 and it was not all that long ago.

Then afew years later I have a look and jesus Christ they are £250 odd.

People were grumbling back when they were cheap lol.

I think the Orient Ray 2 and Mako 2 at £110 still ( their prices stayed the same ) are way better value and much better buy`s now.
    Not impressed, my SKX007J has always been meant as a beater come cheap holiday watch, with prices like that I'll have to retire it to the safe!