closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old PRS-29 vs New PRS-29

Now that's what I call a good first post! Thanks, Gent,

Btw, If anyone has a Mk 2 and want the full set I'll be selling a Mk 1 and an original W10 soon. Plexi heaven!

Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

Btw, If anyone has a Mk 2 and want the full set I'll be selling a Mk 1 and an original W10 soon. Plexi heaven!

Cheers
    I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

Cheers
    Thanks very much - glad to contribute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29B

Just dropped in to say I have 29B and I simply adore these watches. I bought mine because I'm ex-military (R.Sigs for any brethren out there) AND I'm into my watches (duh) thus wanted something that said "i) this fella (in joke) has a past affinity with G10, ii) but is passionate about watches, iii) and not silly enough to wear something ostentatious in front of client." For all those reasons it's a go to for me!

Craftsman
    I am glad that I bought my MK2 when I did because Eddie is getting low on inventory and is having to make decisions on how to move forward with sourcing movements.

Here is my PRS-29A MkII in the air, above a Greek beach, near our place.
    Due to (understandable) limited movement options, we fly only from a low hill ...
    Just another view!

[IMG][/IMG]

Enjoy, Jo (Officer (ret.) Belgian Air Defense Artillery)
    And I love military watches !

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Hande View Post
    Here is my PRS-29A MkII in the air, above a Greek beach, near our place.
    Due to (understandable) limited movement options, we fly only from a low hill ...
    Just another view!

[IMG][/IMG]

Enjoy, Jo (Officer (ret.) Belgian Air Defense Artillery)
    And I love military watches !
    Superb photo!

Craftsman
    There's a PRS 29a on the bay right now if anyones interested. I don't have any connection just spotted it. I know they don't pop up all that often.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233904796461?ul_noapp=true

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    There's a PRS 29a on the bay right now if anyones interested. I don't have any connection just spotted it. I know they don't pop up all that often.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233904796461?ul_noapp=true
    We need a re-edition of the PRS-29a. The first re-edition of a re-edition ever

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    We need a re-edition of the PRS-29a. The first re-edition of a re-edition ever
    Correct! It’s still Eddie’s best watch in my opinion....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Correct! It’s still Eddie’s best watch in my opinion....

Had a 2018 29a for a couple of years but have since let it go having replaced it with the Nav. Feel the latter is a much easier watch to read at a glance and has a far better style of sapphire crystal.

Mind the new Commando is becoming the regular wear when I'm not at work.

Craftsman
    Quick question - For those of you that have had hands on with a current PRS29A - how is the crown for winding? I have read that the ETA movement and the new Sellita one has a nice smooth action but my question relates to 'getting a grip' on the actual crown for winding.

Odd question I know! I have an average size hand and fingers - ie: not sausages! As part of the charm of a hand winder is the daily wind, is the crown a good size for the job?
    Thanks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Quick question - For those of you that have had hands on with a current PRS29A - how is the crown for winding? I have read that the ETA movement and the new Sellita one has a nice smooth action but my question relates to 'getting a grip' on the actual crown for winding.

Odd question I know! I have an average size hand and fingers - ie: not sausages! As part of the charm of a hand winder is the daily wind, is the crown a good size for the job?
    Thanks
    Found the Smiths Nav with SW210 movement is smoother to wind than the eta 2801 in the previous 29a and my Marathon Gallet GG-W-113. Though it may be in part the decent size crown on the Nav.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Had a 2018 29a for a couple of years but have since let it go having replaced it with the Nav. Feel the latter is a much easier watch to read at a glance and has a far better style of sapphire crystal.

Mind the new Commando is becoming the regular wear when I'm not at work.
    You did the same thing I did and I agree fully but also want to add that the Navigator is far more satisfying to wind because the crown is a little larger and the accuracy of the top grade Selitta SW210 is so accurate.

I really like the Commando but I recently bought the new Lorier Falcon II and i only want one automatic and I really love the Lorier.

There is no doubt the Navigator is the better watch, it is almost 25% more expensive after all.
    It would be nice to make the PRS-29 dial more similar to the W10 again, which I think was one of the traits that made the watch unique: the beautiful font, the pointy hands, the proportions.
    I understand the changes made to the lugs and crystal, even if I prefer the look of the plexy. But getting the dial almost right on the first try and then making it worse makes no sense to me.

Craftsman
    That PRS 29a has been sold in a flash it seems.

The Navigator winds the best and is the most expensive, the 29a feels great but not as good and the Everest is the least expensive and has a more gritty feel when winding but still great value as a package.

My 'new' W10 just arrived today and I think I actually prefer the 29a!

Brethren here AND a proud 29b owner! It's an amazing watch purely though its simplicity. Can't beat, i) the ETA movement, ii) sapphire, and iii) no date. I'd also have IWC Mark XX if they could only remove the date for me! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    Just dropped in to say I have 29B and I simply adore these watches. I bought mine because I'm ex-military (R.Sigs for any brethren out there) AND I'm into my watches (duh) thus wanted something that said "i) this fella (in joke) has a past affinity with G10, ii) but is passionate about watches, iii) and not silly enough to wear something ostentatious in front of client." For all those reasons it's a go to for me!

OMG I replied to myself on an old thread ... because I'm an old man. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    Brethren here AND a proud 29b owner! It's an amazing watch purely though its simplicity. Can't beat, i) the ETA movement, ii) sapphire, and iii) no date. I'd also have IWC Mark XX if they could only remove the date for me! : )

Craftsman
    Theres nothing wrong with replying to your own thread.....

It's only time to worry when you start disagreeing with what you previously said :)

Here my PRS29A (ETA2801-2) and "bike", made in Madagascar!

year 2018 PRS-29A