closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Submariner availability in UK

Master

New Submariner availability in UK

A friend asked if I could advise where to go for stock in the UK but I have not looked for a couple of years so am somewhat out of touch. He wants the latest sub with date model it has been told it’s a waiting list thing. What’s the latest view from here?

Thanks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    A friend asked if I could advise where to go for stock in the UK but I have not looked for a couple of years so am somewhat out of touch. He wants the latest sub with date model it has been told it’s a waiting list thing. What’s the latest view from here?

Thanks
    That is certainly the case as is for most if not all stainless steel professional models. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My latest view is that your account has been hacked.

Yep, what he's been told is correct. I wouldn't hold much hope of getting one while there's an instant profit to be made for moving it on. I've been waiting since August but I'm sure any my local dealer receive go to friends, family and regular customers who can turn it into a nice cash bonus.

If I was on Frazer Hart salesperson's salary I'd have Watchfinder on speed dial too.

New Submariner availability in UK

Your friend has asked the dealer, the dealer has responded. The dealer and Rolex decide who to sell to. There is a waiting list and these work in mysterious ways. What are you hoping to learn with your post? A sneaky shortcut to jump the queue? If so, I don’t know it. But I wouldn’t be advancing a stranger up any queue I had.

Your friend can buy one immediately if he’s willing to pay the market rate.

Just my 2p on how I view it.

Master
    Thanks. I have not been anywhere near a Rolex AD for about 5 years now so the question was genuine. The last time I looked Daytonas were (obviously) on the notorious waiting list but other S/S sport models were more widely available, at least in some ADs.

Not looking to jump any queues, just wanting to establish the current situation. Geez.

Master
    Try Michael Spiers in Taunton -like all AD’s they will be getting hundreds of requests but as a local your friend will have more chance. He should go in as I’d imagine that phone calls get you nowhere. They are a great family firm. My guess is that it will be a long wait in this current climate.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have been trying to find a sub ND, they used to be easy enough but not any more.

I have also been trying it seem to get the you smell glare from most ADs I’ve tried.

Not every AD has got long waiting lists. Try and find an independent AD which is local to the buyer.

I guess that I must have been in the right place at the right time. I called up on Tuesday last week about a Sub Date. A few hours later I was told that there would be one available in the delivery on Friday. I collected it on Monday.

Another member posted recently to say that he also received one in the recent delivery. He had only been told a few days prior that the wait was 2 years.

I think my local independent may be messing with me then!

I put my name down 12 months ago for a ND Sub as I was told 12-24 months.

I emailed two weeks ago to be told the wait was now 5-8 years!!

I have bought from them before, but not recently.

I think i am out of the Rolex game now, can't be bothered.

Master
    They are available, I picked up a sub date after asking about one to go with my LV, offered a non date also but had no interest in that.

Craftsman
    I purchased a sub ND back around 2016 from a local AD in Guildford. Around late 2017 I decided I wanted to find a SD43, and it’s taken me over 12 months to realise that all of the wait lists I am on are not actually real. I’m just getting lip service, despite regular visits and good F2F interactions.

It doesn’t help that I’ve moved country and don’t have any AD purchase history established, but the shift in availability is quite drastic. I think I’m giving up on Rolex until this sorts itself out. I love the watches, but I can’t reasonably hope to own one brand new unless I’m spending 6 figures in the AD on other models/brands. People are having better luck in smaller local ADs but I don’t have that option where I live now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    WatchFinder has 81 subs, some of them are new or as good as ... there is no shortage.

Thanks
    Tell him to buy a watch from a company that treats its customers as customers.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    I think my local independent may be messing with me then!

I put my name down 12 months ago for a ND Sub as I was told 12-24 months.

I emailed two weeks ago to be told the wait was now 5-8 years!!

I have bought from them before, but not recently.

I think i am out of the Rolex game now, can't be bothered.

Taking your name off the list would be an honourable thing to do then , let everyone move up one place .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    They are available, I picked up a sub date after asking about one to go with my LV, offered a non date also but had no interest in that.
    A sub to go with the LV? That’s surprising. Haven’t really heard of 2 sports models being offered together (well, sought after ones...)

Thanks
    Good luck. Could be tricky without solid buying history but you could strike lucky.

When I bought my Sub Date I got the same old b*ll*cks from my local dealer about multi-year waiting lists.

I rang around and had one on my wrist the following Saturday.

NB: this was a long time ago and before the current madness, but there’s nothing new about sh*t dealers making it up as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Taking your name off the list would be an honourable thing to do then , let everyone move up one place .
    It would make absolutely no difference. If he gets to the top of the list (if it even works like that) and gets a call he will just decline it and the next person will get a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tricktock View Post
    People are having better luck in smaller local ADs but I don’t have that option where I live now.
    If it's any consolation, I'm not and I've got some 'istory with them.