closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "BackLight" (lume)

"BackLight" (lume)

For me, the best trick of the Stop2Go model is not so much the stop-to-go mechanism (which is exemplary) but the little detail of what they decided to call "BackLight" (a strange and not very original choice of name) which makes me think of the Timex "Indiglo". I would have called it something like, SaberLight...

All they are doing is painting with lume the bottom of the hands instead of the top. I thinks it looks insane (in a good way). HOW COME NOBODY THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE? Well done Mondaine!

Mondaine BackLight - Life doesn't stop at night!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSG54hdw4w

This Watch Has Must See Party Tricks! - Mondaine Stop2Go BackLight (From 4:25)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MIZF-lANp4

Craftsman
    I keep thinking about getting one because of this. The thing that stops me is uncertainty over how effective it really is. Still like ‘em though.

How does it charge effectively?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    I don't have this watch but for my other watches I use the torch on my phone. I am sure it will get under there.

i like it

Master
    I like it, but I've a number of watches that after a blast with a torch will display this glow on the dial and offer a contrast between hands and dial. It never lasts long enough to be truly useful though. Would be interesting to see a review of this at say 5am having gone to bed at 10.

I still don’t understand why nobody has ever produced a full lume date wheel - granted probably not much use unless you get some light on the date after midnight to charge it up, but I reckon it would be pretty cool. Imagine a full lumed date under a cyclops, might even make it easier to read!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    I thought they had tritium tubes so don't need to charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I thought they had tritium tubes so don't need to charge?
    That would make more sense. Lume would only work in my head with a white dial and hands spaced high off the dial face.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    Will only work with a white-dial:

“Material

Mondaine uses a thin foil coated with Swiss-made, extra strong Superluminova material that is used frequently in the watch industry, allowing long visibility at night.

How it works

During daytime, the white dial reflects the light and charges the luminous foil attached to the back side of the hands. During the night, the luminous foil releases the light again.”