closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: New member saying hi

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    26

    New member saying hi

    Apologies if this isn't in the right section but I've just joined the forum so wanted to say hi.

    Im on a few other forums and TZ gets mentioned a lot so I thought id head on over and join in. Having always owned a few watches the collection has grown this year. Some expensive ones, some very cheap. I dont actually collect watches so probably need to cut down but need to figure out/see what I end up wearing the most and what never comes out of the box before getting rid of any.

  2. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Apologies if this isn't in the right section but I've just joined the forum so wanted to say hi.

    Im on a few other forums and TZ gets mentioned a lot so I thought id head on over and join in. Having always owned a few watches the collection has grown this year. Some expensive ones, some very cheap. I dont actually collect watches so probably need to cut down but need to figure out/see what I end up wearing the most and what never comes out of the box before getting rid of any.
    Hi mate, I’m kinda new also(lurked for a good while), looking to make my biggest,purchase to date soon and trying to expand my knowledge of them all before I pull the plug.

    Welcome along

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    165
    Hi mate welcome here

  4. #4
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    26
    Hi Fraz101

    What are you looking at? Or would you rather not say until you have it.

    Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Hi Fraz101

    What are you looking at? Or would you rather not say until you have it.

    Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
    Still not 100% but always wanted a tag so been thinking of aqua racer 43mm

    Check out my thread

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nd-what-to-buy

  6. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    80
    And this one for haggling advice!

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...scount-from-AD

    Iím going into Glasgow this weekend to do a bit of haggling

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    465
    Hello and welcome.
    So what watches have you got at the mo??
    Pics too please.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    And this one for haggling advice!

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...scount-from-AD

    Iím going into Glasgow this weekend to do a bit of haggling
    It was the Glasgow Goldsmiths where I got a great deal on a Tag. I think it worked out to about 30% off and also got the 4 year 0% finance they were doing at the time. My one and only trip to Glasgow. This was at least 6 years ago though, I dont know what the discounts are like now.

  9. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    It was the Glasgow Goldsmiths where I got a great deal on a Tag. I think it worked out to about 30% off and also got the 4 year 0% finance they were doing at the time. My one and only trip to Glasgow. This was at least 6 years ago though, I dont know what the discounts are like now.
    My local goldsmiths offered 13% so we will see what Glasgow has to offer

  10. #10
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Hello and welcome.
    So what watches have you got at the mo??
    Pics too please.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ill get some pics added as soon as I can... threads are always better with pics.
    currently have
    Festina quartz diver (15 years old - was my 1st real watch)
    MKors MK8292
    Uniform Wares quartz C40
    Seiko 5
    Steinhart ocean one black
    Steinhart ocean one titanium GMT
    SottoMarino Italia Explorer homage
    and finally just arrived - Rolex explorer 1

  11. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    26
    I'll get some better ones up when I have a chance


    Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    26
    I'm after an Explorer - how long did you have to wait for one? if at all?

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    42
    Welcome,new here myself.

  14. #14
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    26
    The original AD estimate was a 3 month wait time but ended up getting it within a month. I was told they couldn't get hold of the guy above me in the list so I got the call.

    Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Apologies if this isn't in the right section but I've just joined the forum so wanted to say hi.

    Im on a few other forums and TZ gets mentioned a lot so I thought id head on over and join in. Having always owned a few watches the collection has grown this year. Some expensive ones, some very cheap. I dont actually collect watches so probably need to cut down but need to figure out/see what I end up wearing the most and what never comes out of the box before getting rid of any.
    Welcome!

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    swansea uk
    Posts
    257
    hi, welcome to the madhouse

  17. #17
    Craftsman Tazmo61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    795
    Welcome to the forum .

  18. #18
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    95
    Welcome my first watch was a Festina also.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I'll get some better ones up when I have a chance


    Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
    ď.... I donít actually collect watches....Ē

    Lol. Welcome. And yes.... yes you do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    ď.... I donít actually collect watches....Ē

    Lol. Welcome. And yes.... yes you do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha ha yeah it wasn't that convincing was it.
    I guess i mean if i don't wear it ill sell it, im not interested in owning watches that don't get worn. On that basis i usually only have 4 max.
    The Festina is a keeper as it has sentimental value, planning to keep the Explorer long term too. Some of the others will be going over the next 6 months i think.

  21. #21
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Essex uk
    Posts
    214
    Welcome , nice collection !

  22. #22
    Journeyman JamieTheBarber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    213
    Hi and welcome, collection looking good


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •