closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orbital Polisher

Journeyman

Orbital Polisher

Has anyone got any recommendations for a good orbital polisher (Prefer battery not mains)? I know a few people are into cars on here , so may have some knowledge on them.

I used a flex polisher on boat and car and it gave amazing results however the battery version is £600. Thatís a bit steep, on the other hand I donít want to go cheap and get something that burns the paint.

Thanks

I have a Rupes Bigfoot polisher that is excellent
    Highly recommended especially when using Rupes pads and compounds
    About £380 iirc
    Mine is mains but I think battery ones are available including the dinky electric toothbrush style one

Craftsman
    Never seen anyone use a battery one, I have a mains one that is a cheaper copy of the Flex called Vertool.

I cant recommend a battery one though, they probably have no power to drive the pads properly.

I've a Meguiars MT but it's mains-powered, the company don't produce a cordless machine but the do supply a kit to attach to an electric drill so presumably you could use that in conjunction with a battery drill.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G3...0650446&sr=8-2

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Never seen anyone use a battery one, I have a mains one that is a cheaper copy of the Flex called Vertool.

I cant recommend a battery one though, they probably have no power to drive the pads properly.
    I have the vertool mains as well. I also have the das6 pro with smaller backing plate for the smaller areas.

Craftsman
    I've got a Cyclo Dual Head Orbital Polisher. Not cheap but with every penny IMHO.

Ever since I saw one in action I had to have one, a friend of mine is in the motor trade and I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing in terms of results when he was using it. I was sold. The unique action eliminate swirls and the risk of burning through the paint.

Not battery powered though I'm afraid.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishExpat View Post
    I've got a Cyclo Dual Head Orbital Polisher. Not cheap but with every penny IMHO.

Ever since I saw one in action I had to have one, a friend of mine is in the motor trade and I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing in terms of results when he was using it. I was sold. The unique action eliminate swirls and the risk of burning through the paint.

Not battery powered though I'm afraid.
    Itís a long and delicate process trying to correct paint.

Journeyman
    I think Iím going to have to go mains by the sounds of it.

They do achieve amazing results. I did my wifeís car and it looked like new paint. Needless to say she didnít notice. When I pointed out Iíd polished it, she asked why it couldnít polish out a scratch that was down to metal

Thanks for the advice .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    Itís a long and delicate process trying to correct paint.
    I know, I've got another pal who does this for a living and he takes days and charges a pretty penny but the results are outstanding. He did a black Range Rover a while back which had swirl marks and was looking a little tired. He spent an age on it but the owner was over the moon with the results.

I just like to keep my cars gleaming, so would only try some very light correction myself, nothing too aggressive. Hence my choice of polisher.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishExpat View Post
    I know, I've got another pal who does this for a living and he takes days and charges a pretty penny but the results are outstanding. He did a black Range Rover a while back which had swirl marks and was looking a little tired. He spent an age on it but the owner was over the moon with the results.

I just like to keep my cars gleaming, so would only try some very light correction myself, nothing too aggressive. Hence my choice of polisher.
    I spent 40 hours correcting paint on my dads e90 bmw. I got maybe 70-80% correction.

Donít have that kind of time anymore, so I just lightly polish with my machines a couple times a year.

I use a £45 special from Argos, does what I need it for.

Master
    Have you asked over on detailingworld, youíre more likely to get some hands on info

I have one of these, its a very handy bit of kit, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQTRlepUgzw I have other Microlithium tools so not particularly expensive.

Master
    Blog Entries
    DAS6 from cleanyourcar.com has done me proud for years. Highly recommended.

Master
    I've got DAS-6 Pro and it's excellent. Haven't got a car worth polishing anymore so it just sits unused :(

Rupes Bigfoot here, not cheap but an impressive bit of kit.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the info, think Iíll go Bigfoot and not worry about cordless.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjm1 View Post
    Thanks for the info, think Iíll go Bigfoot and not worry about cordless.

At that level, also consider Festool.