closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW M4 reliability and MPG

Spend 20k on a 240 ,it’s still a 240 not an m2/4.
    I know what I’d rather have .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M240i is a good car, had a M235i myself for a while but it's still no proper 'M' car, drive one and you see where the extra money for the M went.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    I bought my M4 new in 2015 and still have it, mainly because i have struggled to find an alternative that ticks all the boxes the M4 does for me.

Its now done just over 30k miles,, it came with a service pack, so other than tax, insurance and fuel my only other costs to date has been 1 full set of tyres about 2k miles ago. Thats because over winter it sits on winter tyres. Until 8 months ago, my daily commute was a short 10 miles each way with a mixture of town and A roads. This would return between 18- 32 mpg, depending on my driving - use to get a 300ish miles from a full tank. Now i travel 80 miles each way to work at the beginning and end of the week (stay over near work during the week) and mainly motorway driving returning between 32 - 36 mpg - yep i have been impressed for such a powerful car - approximately 350 - 370 miles for a full tank.

Its been fairly reliable to date, other than some initial warranty issues at the beginning. the earlier software use to cause some kangarooing, but its resolved now, also the driving modes can make the accelerator more sensitive - which could explain the kangarooing once in a while..

Otherwise a very usable daily.. I will likely keep this until the newer M4 is released..
    AT LAST - some proper feedback - I think it's a usable daily driver (guess) - this confirms it

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    AT LAST - some proper feedback - I think it's a usable daily driver (guess) - this confirms it
    I don't understand that

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I don't understand that
    Your not alone, I often think I have the onset of dementia when I come on here!