closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: £4K Suggestions...?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I’m not trolling, I’m simply saying that I discover which watch I might want to buy by looking in shops, two shops in your area that have a lot of choice is WOS and Selfridges, nobody has suggested they sell all the watches/brands you can buy or would want, they don’t even sell the whole range of the brands they carry.
    I’m saying at this very early stage of you not knowing even what style of watch (sports or dress) you have a look round a decent shop get an idea of what you might like, then have a look on the brand’s website to see what variations of those watches are available but aren’t on sale at that particular shop.
    Virtually all the suggestions so far are the usual suspects...a Rolex OP 39 and a Seamaster would be exactly what I would’ve suggested if I hadn’t set out to actually give you some buying advice first.
    Indeed, this is a good advice. Myself, if I am looking for a new watch, but sometimes just out of interest, I play with chrono24. You can set price range, use a lot of filters (size, age, bracelet type etc) and will get an idea what is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For a first watch I think a BB58 is a great shout. Keep the change and save up for the white dial Rolex OP39.

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    What Chris said!

Stunning photo, looks superb. Blessed are the average wristed to have such choice!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    We need a few 'Stickies' - What to buy for £xxxx?

Recent threads for £300, £1000, £1500 and £4000. Need to fill in the gaps.
    Exactly, (although do I detect a hint of sarcasm😉). What's the point of a watch enthusiast forum if people can't ask for advice on a range of watches for a certain price. Surely its best asking on here first to get a good idea of watches that are actually worth their price before jumping in and buying something that's not. Or maybe I've got the wrong idea about this?

I really don't think anyone is trying to be a 'party pooper', the forum has many thousands of members and each of us could probably recommend a handful of watches to the OP for around four grand, the OP will then take these thousands of suggestions to his mate who will not have a clue what they look like, gold, steel, round, square, chronograph, diver, bracelet, strap etc etc.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I really don't think anyone is trying to be a 'party pooper', the forum has many thousands of members and each of us could probably recommend a handful of watches to the OP for around four grand, the OP will then take these thousands of suggestions to his mate who will not have a clue what they look like, gold, steel, round, square, chronograph, diver, bracelet, strap etc etc.
    Haven't quite seen thousands of suggestions but a range of good ones which the OP can then take back to his mate who can then google (or whatever) them and see which ones he likes. He could then go and search out the ones he likes in shops (if he's lucky enough to have decent watch shops close enough to him) to try them on. For me the suggestions on here in these kind of posts give the less experienced of us in the wide world of watches a great starting point. If people are sick of these kind of posts the surely it's just easier to ignore them and let others reply rather than the negative replies?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Stunning photo, looks superb. Blessed are the average wristed to have such choice!
    Kind words, thanks!

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Damn thats nice. Ya that would be my choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus.furius View Post
    Second hand Omega PO

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Don’t forget to spend a few rainy afternoons on Chrono24. Put 4K, gents, automatic into the filter and off you go.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Oh my, yes!

Craftsman
    Breitling navitimer 01 on a 4K budget for me

Master
    Rolex Explorer II 16570 Polar

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    Rolex Explorer II 16570 Polar
    Not sure they’re £4K anymore...

Journeyman
    As for the £4K query, the world is your friend’s oyster. Just for something different, how about a white dial Bremont MB2 - in budget at retail and even cheaper second hand ...