closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Information on how best to repair

Craftsman

Information on how best to repair

I have a Deep Blue Aqua Pro dive watch and it needed a new battery. Opened it up and replaced the battery but then it stopped again. I thought the battery was maybe questionable so I bought another and swapped it out. Now the watch stops intermittently and can be started again by pulling out crown, moving hands and pushing it back in. This will run for a short time.

I guess there is some dirt/something in mechanism and best course is to replace movement. Is that the case?

Here is a link of the watch I have.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=Deep+blue

Thanks for any help, Andy

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leiper View Post
    I have a Deep Blue Aqua Pro dive watch and it needed a new battery. Opened it up and replaced the battery but then it stopped again. I thought the battery was maybe questionable so I bought another and swapped it out. Now the watch stops intermittently and can be started again by pulling out crown, moving hands and pushing it back in. This will run for a short time.

I guess there is some dirt/something in mechanism and best course is to replace movement. Is that the case?

Here is a link of the watch I have.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=Deep+blue

Thanks for any help, Andy
    Is it just me ? I can't get your link to work.
    Dirty contacts or dried out lubricant the most likely problem.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    How would you lubricate a quartz movement? I guess it is a strip down. I think that is beyond my skills.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by leiper View Post
    How would you lubricate a quartz movement? I guess it is a strip down. I think that is beyond my skills.
    A rinse in some cigarette lighter fuel may be enough to clean and get the movement running correctly.It works very well.