closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Electric Bicycles

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    Hi Bill, It's the Tesoro neo x2, had a lovely ride around again today, did some lanes that I'd previously done on an old honda XR200. re the Helmet, at the mo I'm using my original Cycle helmet (which was/is still a quality one) and it all feels safe, I think the max speed I have seen on the road is 34mph so far! cheers, John B4
    Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Well it arrived, and only slightly late.

First impressions are good, and my commute to work, there and back today was quicker than it would have been in the car.

You can select EU, or US settings (if you’re on private property).

It will easily go up hill on the maximum assistance/speeds, and with the boost button being pressed (which you could keep pressed until the battery ran flat!) it felt like being pulled up the hill. Home was a mostly uphill ride and I arrived completely and surprisingly refreshed.

Build looks fine, and once I’d played about with what speeds the automatic gears changes should take place for my preferences on the App, it’s been great. Quite a tall bike. I’m just over 6 foot, and I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone much shorter, but they do an X3 model that I was also tempted with.

Ive luckily managed to get secured parking for it today too, so looks like it will be a regular commuter, along with the other vehicles.

I am liking that bike a lot, hows the handling on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I am liking that bike a lot, hows the handling on it?

It’s very good. The only thing I had to take account of, very quickly, is that I’ve been ignoring some smaller potholes and road imperfections on my mountain bike, but really feel it on a commuter bike, as I don’t have the quality front fork suspension (or a sprung saddle) that I have on my carbon mountain bike - but as long as I’m avoiding those it’s been great so far.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    It’s very good. The only thing I had to take account of, very quickly, is that I’ve been ignoring some smaller potholes and road imperfections on my mountain bike, but really feel it on a commuter bike, as I don’t have the quality front fork suspension (or a sprung saddle) that I have on my carbon mountain bike - but as long as I’m avoiding those it’s been great so far.
    Nice one, the more I read on it the more I want haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    If you can get one the Stilus from Decathlon is a bit of a billy bargain. Ive had mine for about three weeks and havent used the car at all since getting it. I have a 14 mile commute to work and go in about 2 or 3 times a week at the moment and its a reasonably easy ride. Im not knackered all day and the ride home often turns into a longer offroad route for fun.

https://youtu.be/k3iJlfGAxps
    Thanks for this recommendation, brilliant! Took delivery of mine at about 4pm today, new pedals, saddle and grips, charge up and away. It’s amazing and you do get a hell of a workout still. Beast of a bike and a bargain at £2700.

Master
    Had mine a few days

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Had mine a few days

Very nice!

I do like Bromptons and have 2 myself. I was toying with an electric Brompton but the price is insane. I know the cycle to work scheme eases the pain somewhat.

But, £1k for a normal Brompton and nearly £3k for an electric one.

That’s £2k for a replacement front wheel with a motor, a bit of gadgetry plus a battery pack is taking the Michael.

Swytch will do the same mod for several hundred quid, meaning you can buy and mod a standard Brompton for at least £1.3k lessor than an electric Brompton. Savings are even more if you start with a B75.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Very nice!

I do like Bromptons and have 2 myself. I was toying with an electric Brompton but the price is insane. I know the cycle to work scheme eases the pain somewhat.

But, £1k for a normal Brompton and nearly £3k for an electric one.

That’s £2k for a replacement front wheel with a motor, a bit of gadgetry plus a battery pack is taking the Michael.

Swytch will do the same mod for several hundred quid, meaning you can buy and mod a standard Brompton for at least £1.3k lessor than an electric Brompton. Savings are even more if you start with a B75.

I think that if you compare the prices more closely you will see that the eBrompton is not that much more expensive than these "converted" eBromptons.......... (and also compare the eBrompton prices with some "normal" style mid quality Electric Bikes)

The best rated conversion is the Cytronex in Winchester and the conversion kit fitted by them is £1,400 when you bring the spec up to the eBrompton 6 speed

Then you have to add the cost of a NEW "M" Brompton, which if you can get one, would be nearer £1,150 - (the B75 has the pre 2013 Brakes, no folding pedal and the old gear changer) - OK is you use your existing Brompton you don't have that cost but then you are converting an "older" Bike and the price comparison is not the same.

When you say swytch is ....."several hundred £'s" it's not, really - check it out - the price they quote excludes VAT and delivery and the conversion, IMHO, looks poor cosmetically, c/f with the Brompton - (who wants a big heavy battery hanging from the bars, edit: I see they've moved it!!) and you probably have to file away at the front drop outs

These "conversions" Nano, Switch and even Cytronex lose their value rapidly ......... the Brompton seems to keep it's

IMHO the build quality of the eBrompton and the normal Brompton is very good - OK some will say it's old fashioned ........ but the Brompton is not made for "cyclists" in the road sense - it's made for people who enjoy cycling and using the Bike as part of their normal life style.

eBikes can be troublesome and the Brompton comes with a good 2 year guarantee and their aftersales service, if you exclude "Evans," is very good and I would think that most Brompton buyers would go to their dealer for mechanical and service support

But the eBrompton is exactly the same size as the Brompton and for me, when folded, the small storage space, (I've built a box shelf - 4 box shelves as I have a few more normal Brommies), is so small, compared with a normal Bike is worth a lot - plus you can easily stick it in the car
    Last edited by BillN; 8th September 2020 at 23:05.

Electric Bicycles

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    I think that if you compare the prices more closely you will see that the eBrompton is not that much more expensive than these "converted" eBromptons.......... (and also compare the eBrompton prices with some "normal" style mid quality Electric Bikes)

The best rated conversion is the Cytronex in Winchester and the conversion kit fitted by them is £1,400 when you bring the spec up to the eBrompton 6 speed

Then you have to add the cost of a NEW "M" Brompton, which if you can get one, would be nearer £1,150 - (the B75 has the pre 2013 Brakes, no folding pedal and the old gear changer) - OK is you use your existing Brompton you don't have that cost but then you are converting an "older" Bike and the price comparison is not the same.

When you say swytch is ....."several hundred £'s" it's not, really - check it out - the price they quote excludes VAT and delivery and the conversion, IMHO, looks poor cosmetically, c/f with the Brompton - (who wants a big heavy battery hanging from the bars, edit: I see they've moved it!!) and you probably have to file away at the front drop outs

These "conversions" Nano, Switch and even Cytronex lose their value rapidly ......... the Brompton seems to keep it's

IMHO the build quality of the eBrompton and the normal Brompton is very good - OK some will say it's old fashioned ........ but the Brompton is not made for "cyclists" in the road sense - it's made for people who enjoy cycling and using the Bike as part of their normal life style.

eBikes can be troublesome and the Brompton comes with a good 2 year guarantee and their aftersales service, if you exclude "Evans," is very good and I would think that most Brompton buyers would go to their dealer for mechanical and service support

But the eBrompton is exactly the same size as the Brompton and for me, when folded, the small storage space, (I've built a box shelf - 4 box shelves as I have a few more normal Brommies), is so small, compared with a normal Bike is worth a lot - plus you can easily stick it in the car
    Still, the thick end of £2k extra for a new front wheel with motor (which is by difference as they normally have to provide a front wheel without a motor), a battery, sensor and cable is too steep, when compared with a normal Brompton.

Master
    Still, the thick end of £2k extra for a new front wheel with motor (which is by difference as they normally have to provide a front wheel without a motor), a battery, sensor and cable is too steep, when compared with a normal Brompton.
    Morning

I agree - but the price is the price - just look at what other eBikes retail at

I may just get a swytch kit and convert a bike just for the fun of it - but there's always this "waiting for the next release" thing when you try to buy - in fact looking at their site, you cannot even order at this minute.

In my opinion eBikes are pretty crude in a way - I feel safer on a motor Bike at 70mph than I do on an eBike at 20kph

Bumping this given the popularity of electric bikes these days.

My employer has just raised the Cyclescheme limit to £5k on salary sacrifice, so planning on maxing it out and buying a 6 speed electric Brompton (£3k) that can sit in the boot of the car when touring, and a Raleigh Motus hybrid (£2k) for weekends enjoying the local Surrey Hills.

Anyone got either of these ebikes or can recommend me a better hybrid for £2k?

Just test rode a Brompton Electric and a Raleigh Motus.

Wow is all I have to say.

As a not so spring chicken it balanced my need for exercise and outdoor cycling enjoyment without the slog of getting up hills.

I need electric bikes in my life.

Just waiting on the Cyclescheme voucher.

I'd forgotten there was an Ebike thread. Still got my KTM hardtail and Cube FS, both Bosch CX powered but I haven't been out on Cannock Chase for months now due to so many things going on in our lives and I'm a fair weather rider tbh.

I built myself a Santa Cruz Heckler manual trail bike which I use to go to the gym, just to prove I'm not completely lazy lol:

I keep thinking I should sell the two Ebikes and buy a newer integrated battery style Ebike like Tooks Jam or a newer Cube but tbh I think it would just be envy and avariciousness. There are some lovely used Emtbs for sale. I like this one:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165799368812

However a big problem is the number of bikes being taken by force on the trails these days. Bikes in the £4-8k price range are a bit of a liability, so going out on your own is getting really perilous.

Problem I have with them is the warranty usually is not transferable if buying second hand

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Problem I have with them is the warranty usually is not transferable if buying second hand

Some are Marty, Specialized and Trek warranties are (with conditions) but it's best to check on manufacturers websites.

My GoCycle:

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    My GoCycle:
    I did take a look at this bikes and they have very good reviews and they look great, but warranty wasn’t as good as the Brompton, and independent shop I talked to said Brompton were also very good after warranty has expired. This is important to me given the electrics have more complexity.

Plus I have two non electric Bromptons and love them, so an electric Brompton feels like a natural progression.

The electric power support it is much more suited to a higher riding position, so I went with high handle bars and wide saddle as you don’t need to lean over the bike as much to get the power.

Bumping this given the popularity of electric bikes these days.

My employer has just raised the Cyclescheme limit to £5k on salary sacrifice, so planning on maxing it out and buying a 6 speed electric Brompton (£3k) that can sit in the boot of the car when touring, and a Raleigh Motus hybrid (£2k) for weekends enjoying the local Surrey Hills.

Anyone got either of these ebikes or can recommend me a better hybrid for £2k?
    Can you not pay over £5k but not enjoy the tax benefits? My partner did this as hers only went up to £2k but the bike she wanted was £3k. It will give you more options

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Can you not pay over £5k but not enjoy the tax benefits?
    Of course, but £5k is a healthy allowance. I didn’t have enough for the second bike in the end so will wait 12 months as another £5k voucher will be available.

Got to be careful paying a mix of Cyclescheme and cash.

Sometimes you can get the bikes on sale cheaper paying than using Cyclescheme, and I find most shops now add a hefty surcharge to sale bikes if you buy them on the scheme (rather than cash) given Cyclescheme take a 10% cut.

If you are a low rate tax payer and can find the bike 25% cheaper paying cash, don’t bother with the scheme. Similarly, 35% and 40% for higher and highest rate tax payers

Bromptons are no brainers for Cyclescheme as they are almost never discounted.

Of course, but £5k is a healthy allowance. I didn’t have enough for the second bike in the end so will wait 12 months as another £5k voucher will be available.

Got to be careful paying a mix of Cyclescheme and cash.

Sometimes you can get the bikes on sale cheaper paying than using Cyclescheme, and I find most shops now add a hefty surcharge to sale bikes if you buy them on the scheme (rather than cash) given Cyclescheme take a 10% cut.

If you are a low rate tax payer and can find the bike 25% cheaper paying cash, don’t bother with the scheme. Similarly, 35% and 40% for higher and highest rate tax payers

Bromptons are no brainers for Cyclescheme as they are almost never discounted.
    I bought my GoCycle brand new (previous generation) for £2k. Runs perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I bought my GoCycle brand new (previous generation) for £2k. Runs perfectly.
    You got a good deal. Cheapest now (G4) seems to be £3.3k

Just had a email to say that Swytch electric bike conversion kits are dropping this Wednesday.

I signed up a while back and have undertaken some surveys to get a 60% discount, but most of that is probably a marketing ploy.

Going to convert a 3-speed Brompton to sit alongside an OEM six speed I currently have on order.

This will allow myself and the missus to have an electric Brompton each to chuck in the back of the car for summer adventures.

It leaves me with another 6 speed which I will keep when I need a proper workout.

I will post pics and let you know how I get on in case anyone is interested in converting their Brommy to leccy.

After a 10 week wait, I picked up my cloud blue 6 speed electric brommie this afternoon. Myself and the missus have a standard brommie each, but this is my first electric bike.

First impression is that fun has just got funner. A brilliant bit of kit. I went with the high handlebars and wide seat as this it a bit more about sitting back and letting the leccy motor take the strain.

It will be used for mainly leisure, and cycling to work a couple of times per week. I like the idea of having it in the boot of the car, so I can do some exploring. Also, I have a leccy car on the way, which costs almost nothing to charge at work, so I will use this to ferry the car the 6 miles each way to work to charge the car when it needs a boost, and I am working from home or other locations.

Electric Bicycles

That’s really interesting and looks great.

I keep looking at the P Line and P Line Electric. I bought a B’Twin 500 this week as a trial to see if I’ll actually use it but I’m teetering in the edge of a proper Brompton via cycle to work.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 23rd February 2023 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That’s really interesting and looks great.

I keep looking at the P Line and P Line Electric. I bought a B’Twin 500 this week as a trial to see if I’ll actually use it but I’m teetering in the edge of a proper Brompton via cycle to work.
    Thanks. I recommend trying one out if you haven’t already. Your local Brompton dealer will lend you one for a couple of hours or even overnight.

First time I tried one I knew I had to have one in my life. The Btwin will be an excellent introduction to folding bikes and whether you want to upgrade to a brommie or leccy brommie at a later date.

I did look at the P line, but I won’t be lugging the bike around the tube, so couldn’t justify the extra £700 for a couple of kg weight saving even if it is on the cycle to work scheme. Plus you can roll the bike around train stations with it folded and just the seat extended.

My missus is going to try it out tomorrow. She likes the ride of her normal brommie, so if she gets on with the electric bike I have a decision whether to buy a Swytch kit (paid a refundable deposit) or wait 12 months and buy another leccy brommie on the scheme.

Cycle to work scheme is obviously the way to go.

Electric Bicycles

Just had a look on my wife’s cycle to work site. A 3k bike is about 1.7k net. Really compelling to go for it in that scenario and max out the savings.

I’ve found a shop which sells Brompton who said I can put the voucher towards a P line electric and just pay the extra 700/800 on top.

I don’t think the weight saving makes a meaningful difference on electric, or at my size, I could probably lose 2kg in a week with effort, but it does have some upgraded stuff on top and the rear rack looks interesting.

Going to pop to an official Brompton shop later for a look and might even rent a C Line for £5 later through the rental app.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 24th February 2023 at 11:00.

The rear rack helps to make it more stable when you're wheeling the folded bike but the real magic with Bromptons is with the front luggage options (though I'm not sure if the electrical version is slightly compromised as that's where the battery goes).
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    but the real magic with Bromptons is with the front luggage options (though I'm not sure if the electrical version is slightly compromised as that's where the battery goes).
    The battery pack and bag is not connected to the steering and is connected to the main frame of the bike, just like a standard Brompton.

So, when you turn the handlebars the bay stays in the same position. So not compromised and same as a standard brommie.

Electric Bicycles

Just had a look on my wife’s cycle to work site. A 3k bike is about 1.7k net. Really compelling to go for it in that scenario and max out the savings.

I’ve found a shop which sells Brompton who said I can put the voucher towards a P line electric and just pay the extra 700/800 on top.

I don’t think the weight saving makes a meaningful difference on electric, or at my size, I could probably lose 2kg in a week with effort, but it does have some upgraded stuff on top and the rear rack looks interesting.

Going to pop to an official Brompton shop later for a look and might even rent a C Line for £5 later through the rental app.

If you wife is a higher rate 40% tax payer, then she saves the 40% tax plus 2% NI saving.

But, there is a 7% charge after one year to own it later (after 4 years). You pay this as a one off cash payment after 12 months and it continues the hire for another 3 years.

The Government calculates any bike over £500 is worth 7% of its purchase price after 4 years when you technically own the bike. Hence the 7% addition charge.

So true net cost for a 40% tax payer is actually 65% (100% - 40% - 2% + 7%) of purchase price, or £1947 for a C line 6 speed electric.

Now, add £700 of your own money for a P line and your are at the thick end of £2.6k, which is pretty chunky.

Presumably your wife’s scheme tops out at £3k, whereas mine is £5k, which I’m going to blow next year.

Personally, unless you are planning to lug the bike around some distance and up and down the tube, the C line, while heavier, is manageable for lifting into the car, and generally carrying around short distances.

The P line while a couple of kg lighter, is still heavier than a standard non electric brommie, and they get tiring when you carry them some distance.

When folded, raise the seat up and the bike has small roller wheels allowing you to push it along quite easily on flat surface like train stations, or if you pop into the supermarket or shopping mall.

I wheel my standard brommies like this all the time. That’s the secret of transporting the bike over distance and not getting arm ache.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 24th February 2023 at 12:32.

Yep, wife’s scheme is capped at 3k. Going to the store in a bit to see what’s possible. I’m not eligible at the minute.

If it was my own money without any savings I would go for the C Line but as there’s a discount I’ll probably get the P line if possible. The orange lacquer c line does look good and if there is nothing creative I can do on the P Line I’ll likely get that.

Funny the effect Brompton has on people. Talking to my brother who’s a commercial gas engineer and he kept telling me to go nuts on the T Line. Never seen him cycle since we were kids and one of his knees is blown but apparently he watches hours and hours of YouTube videos on bromptons and is desperate to have it off me after as he can’t get cycle to work. I’ve offered him the BTwin with 1 mile on it for free but he’s not interested unless it’s a Brompton.

The battery pack and bag is not connected to the steering and is connected to the main frame of the bike, just like a standard Brompton.

So, when you turn the handlebars the bay stays in the same position. So not compromised and same as a standard brommie.
    Thanks - I had grasped that and obviously the fact that the load is on the frame rather than the steering is part of the magic. The two things I typically carry in my front basket are either a Billingham bag or a Wire-Haired Irish Cheese Terrier and neither of these would work with an electric Brompton.

Yep, wife’s scheme is capped at 3k. Going to the store in a bit to see what’s possible. I’m not eligible at the minute.

If it was my own money without any savings I would go for the C Line but as there’s a discount I’ll probably get the P line if possible. The orange lacquer c line does look good and if there is nothing creative I can do on the P Line I’ll likely get that.

Funny the effect Brompton has on people. Talking to my brother who’s a commercial gas engineer and he kept telling me to go nuts on the T Line. Never seen him cycle since we were kids and one of his knees is blown but apparently he watches hours and hours of YouTube videos on bromptons and is desperate to have it off me after as he can’t get cycle to work. I’ve offered him the BTwin with 1 mile on it for free but he’s not interested unless it’s a Brompton.
    Do your research on the raw lacquers. They look beautiful, but they have suffered examples of significant rusting under the lacquer in the past, and I don't think it is covered by the warranty. A quick Google will tell you more.

I wanted the raw lacquer option, but was put off by the issues.

Thanks - I had grasped that and obviously the fact that the load is on the frame rather than the steering is part of the magic. The two things I typically carry in my front basket are either a Billingham bag or a Wire-Haired Irish Cheese Terrier and neither of these would work with an electric Brompton.
    If you mean an Irish Terrier, mine says "Hi" but I don't think he would fit comfortably in a basket on a small bike

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    If you mean an Irish Terrier, mine says "Hi" but I don't think he would fit comfortably in a basket on a small bike

Err, not quite. I'd maintain that he's probably more Irish than yours as he is actually from Dublin and I take enormous pleasure in pointing out to Berlin Irish Terrier-owners that he's more Irish than theirs .

I think he has got some Irish Terrier in him together with maybe a bit of Cairn.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 24th February 2023 at 13:33.

Electric Bicycles

Lovely. But he needs a stripping this April
    Any joint issue for the physio?

As for the place of birth… Remember that any Brit with one Irish grandparent can claim his Irish passport; my dog is an Irish born in England with a French (pet) passport.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 24th February 2023 at 15:03.

Just had a look in Covent Garden. Didn’t get a chance to ride but after finding out the rear rack is £142 and you can add it later I’ll go for a test ride and probably get the C Line electric with a high handlebar. Possibly in the new matcha green. Asked about the lacquer issue and the guy got pretty upset and went to bat like I’d used the wrong pronoun

Electric Bicycles

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Lovely. But he needs a stripping this April
    Any joint issue for the physio?

As for the place of birth… Remember that any Brit with one Irish grandparent can claim his Irish passport; my dog is an Irish born in England with a French (pet) passport.
    He gets two haircuts in the summer so that will happen. He's already had one knee op - mainly thanks to acrobatics being his principal hobby. As you've spotted the water tank/conveyer belt photo was part of his rehab and he goes back there for an annual checkup and a ride in the tank (which he loves).

And obviously he has an Irish (pet) passport.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 25th February 2023 at 14:04.

and probably get the C Line electric with a high handlebar.
    Make sure you try both M & S bars. When I bought mine they only had the M option but I'd go for S if I was buying again. It's obviously personal preference.

Excellent. Kanji visits an osteopath in Toulouse every year. They also have a water tank. He is over 8 yo now and still mad as a box of frogs. But he’s my pal.

Make sure you try both M & S bars. When I bought mine they only had the M option but I'd go for S if I was buying again. It's obviously personal preference.
    Electric only have the options of medium or high but I’ll go back and ride both and see the difference. I was just going to default to high because it’s meant to be more comfortable and I have a long torso/short legs combo but trying both is definitely smarter.

The lower the handlebars the more aggressive the ride as you hang over the bars to put the power down.

For a standard brommie I would say the M handle bars are perfect as they give you enough leverage to push hard on the pedals.

I personally think the S bars are too aggressive unless you are a young whipper snapper who has never had one day of a bad back in your life. Although they do look cool.

I am only 5ft 9in, but the H handlebars on the electric with wide saddle was the setup for me.

You want to cruise in pleasure like the Dutch, not be bent over in pain and put your back out.

Submitted the voucher request for 2,995 but takes a few days to come. Will go test the bike in general first and M Vs H bars. My hunch based on my gravel bike and motorbikes is H will be better.

Halfords don’t do the electric bromptons and Tredz don’t have many options so will check on local bike shops on the scheme and see what’s available.

Submitted the voucher request for 2,995 but takes a few days to come. Will go test the bike in general first and M Vs H bars. My hunch based on my gravel bike and motorbikes is H will be better.

Halfords don’t do the electric bromptons and Tredz don’t have many options so will check on local bike shops on the scheme and see what’s available.
    You won’t regret it. £160 odd per month for 12 months, you’ll barely notice it. Especially as it is out of your wife’s salary!

And what does £2k buy you in the watch world these days? Probably a second hand Black Bay with a good chunk of WABI.

Whereas for the same money you are getting a high quality, hand made, made in the U.K. leccy bike.

Get your order in as my delivery took 10 weeks.

Will be good to see some pics when it arrives.

You won’t regret it. £160 odd per month for 12 months, you’ll barely notice it. Especially as it is out of your wife’s salary!

And what does £2k buy you in the watch world these days? Probably a second hand Black Bay with a good chunk of WABI.

Whereas for the same money you are getting a high quality, hand made, made in the U.K. leccy bike.

Get your order in as my delivery took 10 weeks.

Will be good to see some pics when it arrives.
    This is my thinking. I sold a MM300 I didn’t really care about and for the same price got a 14 inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro with 16/512 and a fold up bicycle in exchange. Shows you what’s possible for an (in theory) cheap watch which gets worn once per month Vs something which will benefit your life.

I just went into a local bike shop and sat on the M and H. H makes more sense for me personally on electric but I would go M without electric.

I can get the flame lacquer in C line high electric the second the voucher is ready but I need to read into the issues first. Otherwise it’s a 6 week wait.

I’m popping into london quickly to look at another local bike shop which have stock of the C and P lines in H to see where I land.

Electric Bicycles

I just went into a local bike shop and sat on the M and H. H makes more sense for me personally on electric but I would go M without electric.
    Fully agree. Both of my standard Bromptons are an M, but my leccy is better suited to H with a wide saddle.

I buy mine from Birdie Bikes in Hampton. It is across the other side of a London for you, but they include a free package of an 8 week health check service, a free Brompton silver service after one year, and 5 free puncture repairs, which is fairly valuable as the rear wheel is a bit of pain to sort.

The puncture stuff is probably irrelevant to you given your location but the free silver service versus a zone 1-6 travel card may be of interest.

Train line ended up getting suspended so just went home instead after half an hour sat going nowhere.

I went to a shop called Mamachari and will try pop to Condor Monday. Their website shows availability for C line matcha and the two P lines in H.

Such a same the lacquer has issues but it’s still kind of tempting.

I saw the T Line in Covent Garden the other day and that’s the finish you’d want. No rush and no worries.

Went for a test ride today and bought the P Line electric in high with the roller. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Apparently it comes with a new P line saddle instead of the temporary Fizik saddle they’ve been supplying on P lines recently. I rode on the Fizik and it was like concrete.

I didn’t care if I got the C or P, was going to go by what was in stock and colours, but the hub gearing on the C was weird and the P line comes with normal gearing. Never ridden a bike when I had to stop peddling to change gears before.

Never ridden a bike when I had to stop peddling to change gears before.
    Takes a little getting use to, especially with the 6 speed where you have a derailleur and hub combo, but after a while it is second nature.

On the 6 speed the left hand is derailleur (D) so I peddle when I change, and on the right side is hub (H) so I don’t.

I have a mental D and H in my mind when looking at the handlebars from right to left, and shifting gears.

It is like rubbing your stomach and patting your head. Tricky at first, but you soon get used to it.

Anyway, no messing around. I hope you enjoy the bike.

Mine is off on my first commute to work on Wednesday. Got the large front electric bag for the laptop and other paraphernalia.

Just seen online that the advanced rack doesn’t come with bungee cords and these are £25 extra. Unbelievable really.

Wednesday I’m stuck at home waiting on deliveries but will run to Covent on it to grab some fresh coffee beans and then back to Liverpool Street tomorrow.

Didn’t realise some stores charge an admin fee so managed to get a free city bag and no admin fee.

Will pick up the fancy £25 bungee cords tomorrow and a quad lock phone case as a mount is already included.

I’ll see how I get on but I might go for the super light pedals as the left pedal doesn’t seem to have the same surface area as the right due to the pedals being the same width but the folding mechanism stealing some space. Have you found this issue with yours? Could be be a wide foot problem.

Electric Bicycles

All done