closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Questions about a watch on Drop

Questions about a watch on Drop

Afternoon all.

At some point in the past I assume I registered with Massdrop (now renamed Drop I understand) although I don’t actually remember doing so.

As a result I get regular email notifications from them, may if which I simply delete.

However...today this appeared...

MÜHLE-GLASHÜTTE SEEBATAILLON GMT

I think I’m a bit smitten, and the price looks very good.

So my questions are as follows:

Are there any owners on here who could offer an opinion on the watch?

Has anyone bought from Drop in the UK? What was your experience?

Anyone got an idea how much Drop charge to ship to the UK?

Grateful for any responses....

Simon

What is the price please?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What is the price please?
    $1900

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post

Has anyone bought from Drop in the UK? What was your experience?

Anyone got an idea how much Drop charge to ship to the UK?

Grateful for any responses....

Simon
    If you log in & click to buy the watch you will see the shipping - shows as $11.25 to my UK address, when I do it.

I bought a Glycine watch from Mass Drop about 18 months ago - the watch felt lightweight / cheap so I flipped it straight away.
    No problems with the purchase to UK though - the couriers used (DHL I think) had full tracking info & I could pay taxes due online prior to delivery.
    I would use them again if a watch came up that I was interested in at a good price.
    Last edited by ENES; 8th October 2019 at 18:09.

I absolutely lust after the Sea Battalion after seeing them on WUS, shame they only seem to come up in the Us. They will be appearing on WUS shortly after delivery from American guys at all sorts of prices, but still taxes to pay.
    Think I need to move some stuff and get one of these 😳

Craftsman
    I've bought through Drop ( previously Massdrop) before, never had any problems other than having to wait around a month to get your purchase. Also remember to add import duties, you will have to pay it.

Thanks for the responses, guys. If I’ve done my sums right that means it would end up costing me just under £1900 shipped, delivered and taxes paid.

Hmmmm, not bad for a watch that retains over here for £2720...

Food for thought.

Simon

Thanks for the responses, guys. If I’ve done my sums right that means it would end up costing me just under £1900 shipped, delivered and taxes paid.

Food for thought.

Simon
    Think that ~£2700 is at Jura - don't forget they usually have 10% coupon on website and consider the warranty from Drop. Is it the manufacturers or their own?

Search in sales corner....
    Someone here had one that I nearly bought- they’re great, well made watches
    I’ve had the SAR and Nautical timer, both were beautifully made things

Food for thought.

Simon
    There are a couple on Chrono24 from German sellers for £1950/£1970 (however, plus £91/£55 postage respectively). Perhaps easier to deal with (negotiate a little further discount, even!) than the uncertainty of Massdrop...

...there's even a slightly-cheaper (£1934) Italian seller that offers free postage.
    ______

​Jim.

Well I’ve gone out on a limb and placed an order with Drop .

This will prove to be either a great deal or a total disaster...

The watch looks utterly fabulous - a worthy stablemate for my other 44/45mm dive watches, I hope.

I had not intended to buy anything else this year after the Dreadnought and I’ve had to divert some funds from elsewhere into the watch fund to pay for it... I really really need to sell a couple of the watches I’m not wearing any more to try and ‘balance the books’ .

“My name is Simon, and I’m a watch addict”

I have a Seebatallion GMT that was bought for me 3ys ago. It’s a lovely thing; very light due to the titanium and the dial and bezel are a deep blue that is quite difficult to capture in pictures but looks stunning in the flesh, and changes depending on the light that hits it.

I love it because it’s not blingy and pretty versatile, but it also has enough detail and quality to rival something at double it’s price point.

The only downside (and this is so minor as to be trivial) is that the screws that secure the strap holding bars to the case are tiny and it’s incredibly easy to scratch the case and damage the screw heads.

Overall it’s a beautiful watch and one of my favourites - I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

I’ll post some pics when it’s not dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Megatron; 10th October 2019 at 07:27.

Last edited by Megatron; 10th October 2019 at 07:25.

Wanted one of these for a while. Price is good - remember to add tax tho, and the one thing that out me off was the size - the lug to lug and how the rubber cones off the lugs makes it good for only a larger wrist imho

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

Oh yes, that’s what I’m talking about!

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Wanted one of these for a while. Price is good - remember to add tax tho, and the one thing that out me off was the size - the lug to lug and how the rubber cones off the lugs makes it good for only a larger wrist imho
    Hi Rusty. I worked out the cost landed to me including tax and fees and it still looks as if it’ll come in around £1900, which I’m very happy with.

The endorsement and the photos from Megatron above really seal it for me - I just hope the buying experience is straightforward and problem-free.

The size doesn’t worry me - everything I own and wear is between 44mm and 46mm diameter (and they’re all steel, too), so I suspect this will work well for me.

Simon

Mine was £2200 new from Jura Watches (AD for Muhle Glashutte in the UK) in 2016 from memory and I’d say £1900 is incredibly good value. It wasn’t a stock item and my wife ordered it in for my significant birthday.

If you told me the price for mine was £3-4k I’d think that the design and quality justifies it.

It’s just lovely in the flesh and wears smaller than its dimensions in my opinion due to it’s slim profile and the way the strap curves. I have slim but very flat wrists and I’ve never once thought it out of proportion - but then I have just bought a Deepsea so my perception may not be all that reliable!

Last edited by Megatron; 10th October 2019 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Mine was £2200 new from Jura Watches (AD for Muhle Glashutte in the UK) in 2016 from memory and I’d say £1900 is incredibly good value. It wasn’t a stock item and my wife ordered it in for my significant birthday.

If you told me the price for mine was £3-4k I’d think that the design and quality justifies it.

It’s just lovely in the flesh and wears smaller than its dimensions in my opinion due to it’s slim profile and the way the strap curves. I have slim but very flat wrists and I’ve never once thought it out of proportion - but then I have just bought a Deepsea so my perception may not be all that reliable!

Clearly a man after my own heart - I bought a Deepsea last year, and it shares watch box space with a Dreadnought, a Doxa Sub 1500t, two Avengers, a 46mm Navitimer, a PADI Turtle, an Offshore Professional... you get the picture

Simon

Journeyman
    I tried one of these on earlier this year in a jewelers in Germany. For certain it's a very unique looking piece and very well made. In the end I wasn't so keen on how it sat on my wrist due to the lugs.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk