closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 'Vive Torbay: Travelling to the British Seasinde 1968.' Memories anyone?

Blog Entries

'Vive Torbay: Travelling to the British Seasinde 1968.' Memories anyone?

When looking for Austin Landcrab footage (my parents used to own one like the one on the video), I stumbled upon this British Pathé movie on YT.

Memories anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7auXfqsqY
    Last edited by thieuster; 8th October 2019 at 06:18.

Thanks for this Menno, I've forwarded it on to several friends who'll no doubt enjoy it too.

Nowadays, Torbay looks a little more faded than in it's heyday: a sign of the changing fashion of British holidaymakers.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    But...But...this was BEFORE we were in the EU!!!

How did they survive...???

Were did they get their food and medicine, petrol, clothes...they even seemed.....happy!!??

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

Nowadays, Torbay looks a little more faded than in it's heyday: a sign of the changing fashion of British holidaymakers.

R
    That’s putting it mildly, I was down there last summer and I was disappointed. In my late teens in the mid-70s Torquay was my favourite destination, great nightlife and a really nice place to be. Plenty if small nightclubs that required holiday membership to get in, the Compass club was good for Northern Soul, the Hideaway was good, Mr Matts was more upmarket but well worth a visit.

I continued going until mid- 80s, and didn’t return until 2001. At that point it was obvious it had changed, the gloss had faded somewhat but I still enjoyed it. Fast forward to 2018, spent a few days there and it was clear how run- down the place has become compared to what it was. Thus has happened to many British seaside towns but it was a shame to see this in Torbay.

Memories of childhood holidays right there.

Thanks Menno.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I spent a month of every summer holiday in Brixham throughout the 70’s and most of the 80’s as my grandparents lived there. Lots of memories, Brixham house prices have rocketed since then, whilst the town looks much more industrialised and less quaint. My Nan used to buy fresh fish off the docks nearly every day for our tea - never tasted anything like it since then sadly (it that might just be a trick of the memory!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk