closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NATO/Zulu straps

NATO/Zulu straps

Looking for a nice fabric strap for my ray mears watch - 20mm width etc.
    Any recommendations ?

The strap that’s already on it, is ok but not fond of the steel eyes on the strap.
    Would like one where you can just pull it tight to lock it - not sure what that strap is called ?

Watchgecko NATO's are pretty decent.

Master
    UKWatchstraps are very good and reasonably priced.

Craftsman
    cheapnatostraps are very high quality and the price is crazy low. their seatbelt straps are the same quality as brands 3 times the price. I generally dont go for their lowest priced straps as they are welded, not sewn. It shouldnt make a difference, but i just like the security of a visible stitch.

Any i have from them have been as good as, if not better than more expensive brands. I think they are slightly better than watchgecko and a lot more affordable.

straps

Look at Time Factors Nato Straps:

"NATO/G10 Bond Strap With A Twist"

Decent quality!

Journeyman
    The watchgecko Zulu is a nice strap, well made but I find the hardwear a bit bulky.

Master
    Bark & Jack NATOs are very well made, both in terms of material & hardware - pricing is very attractive. I've just removed the Omega NATO from my 2254 & swapped it for a grey B&J.

Personally I like Phoenix ones. The fabric is really fine weave and somehow more vintage looking than others which I often find over engineered and bulky. I prefer welded joints and the hardware is minimal and squared off. They’re cheap and easy to get hold of and they look great when worn in a bit.

Granted some say they fray a lot; in my experience they do a little around the holes but a quick run along with a lighter and you’re good to go.

Never liked seatbelt type NATO’s for some reason - I think luxury material/feel is at odds with what a NATO should be, and again I find them too thick and bulky. Never liked the hardware on ZULU types, think they look ridiculous.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Bark & Jack NATOs are very well made, both in terms of material & hardware - pricing is very attractive. I've just removed the Omega NATO from my 2254 & swapped it for a grey B&J.
    Another vote for Bark & Jack here. Bought one of their seatbelt NATO’s and it’s far better quality than any others that I have.

Exactly what I’ve been looking for, I’ve ordered a bark and jack. Thanks all