Hello all

We've recently bought a house with a garage, which is 8 foot wide and long enough to park a decent sized car.

However, with me not being the slimmest chap in the world, and my desire to have a coupe , so longer doors than normal, I think I might have problems entering / exiting the vehicle when it's parked in the garage.

A year or so ago, I came across what seemed like an ideal solution, it consisted of a sliding platform that fitted inside a single garage, and it slid all the way out of the garage onto the drive, so you could park on the platform, get out of the car and the platform would slide back into the garage. This seems ideal as the car would always be perfectly parked and wouldn't risk bashing the doors trying to get out. If memory serves it was around 2 grand supplied and fitted.

The trouble is, I didn't save the details of the company, and I've been searching online and can't find it now, sods law I suppose.

I never cease to be amazed at the breadth of knowledge on this forum, so was hoping someone had come across something similar and could point me in the right direction.

This wouldn't be a daily driver, so all the faffing around wouldn't be too much of an issue. I'd change the garage door for a remote operated one, and the platform has a remote option as well, so wouldn't be too much of a pain. My drive is long enough for a couple of cars end to end in front of the garage, so I think it could work quite well.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

R