closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me choose an exit watch (famous last words) for the perfect pair

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Keeping just the Speedy is very tempting, it is something with more WR that I am after, but yes, a G Shock could do that.

As for keeping the Sub and Speedy. I like the Sub a lot, but honestly it is maybe a bit flash for me. With the financial side, the way I see it is that I will have enjoyed it for a year and it will have earned me money... that is nuts. I am not really sure the SS sports Rolex situation is going to last forever and so if I want to buy another Rolex in 10 years time I am sure I could, and if I can't oh well... Remember I actually want to end this as a hobby. I don't want the replacement watch to be an investment. I just want a watch I really like. Putting the money into my mortgage, will I am sure, earn me more in saved interest. And if it didn't that is fine. Paying off the mortgage is more important to me.
    This might be against the spirit of the thread, but I'm interested to know if there's anything you've already spotted?

And as others have said, by selling the Damasko you are left with arguably the perfect pair in the Speedy and Sub, but I understand the exercise. Perhaps liquidate the Sub and Damasko then sit tight for a period of time. There's no rush and I wonder if by trying to close the door on your collecting, you might inadvertently buy into something which isn't as long term as you hope?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jalebi View Post
    Definitely a Zenith in my mind. An El Primero should be doable second hand.
    Another vote for Zenith. You (OP) are sufficiently WIS-y to want to exit with something WIS-y.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    This might be against the spirit of the thread, but I'm interested to know if there's anything you've already spotted?

And as others have said, by selling the Damasko you are left with arguably the perfect pair in the Speedy and Sub, but I understand the exercise. Perhaps liquidate the Sub and Damasko then sit tight for a period of time. There's no rush and I wonder if by trying to close the door on your collecting, you might inadvertently buy into something which isn't as long term as you hope?
    No haven’t spotted anything. I was going to sit tight until the right one came up. I will make a shortlist of watches and the first to come up on SC I will buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    No haven’t spotted anything. I was going to sit tight until the right one came up. I will make a shortlist of watches and the first to come up on SC I will buy!

Shortlist... suggests this is the start of your exit journey

Apprentice

Budget and Collection

Sorry buddy, I cant seem to find your budget and current collection in the thread easily? Have you posted?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWatch View Post
    Sorry buddy, I cant seem to find your budget and current collection in the thread easily? Have you posted?
    In the first post. Basically looking for a watch to go with a Speedmaster under 3k!

Master
    A little update on this if anyone is interested.

Tried on some planet oceans and they are too thick I think - potentially the 42mm titanium would be ok as it is lighter but it is also much more expensive.

I have tried on the new Seamaster Pro before and gave it another chance today - not for me, I don't like how they have done the waves, needlessly increased the size as well.

The new aqua terra is too blingy, which surprised me to be honest. Older ones might be better but actually I think I want a dive watch.

The salesman had on the previous gen SMPc - this is one a seriously considered when I chose the Speedy and seeing it again confirms I really like that one! Plus, hopefully I can get one for a reasonable price.

The other one I could take a punt on if one comes up for a reasonable price is a 2254.50 - spoke to a guy about his at a party once and it did look great. So there you go! I have a WTB out for those two if anyone fancies getting rid of theirs!

Master
    2254.50 is a great choice.

https://www.austinkaye.co.uk/vintage...lectable?back=

That's a great opportunity and price for a freshly serviced from Omega and benefit of buying from a dealer IMO.