closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Adjustable clasp for omega bracelet

Adjustable clasp for omega bracelet

I bought an 117stz004666 clasp for my 2500 42 min planet ocean having struggled to get a good fit that worked no matter the temperature.

It’s a revelation to be able to adjust the size as required. Thought I’d share the part number, as I spent some time finding out what would work. Took a couple of minutes to fit, and is only a couple of mm longer than the original.

The 0117STZ001159 has more adjustment and the divers extension.

But the clasp itself is too big.

The 0117STZ004666 is a similar size to the original clasp.
    Last edited by MDSWATCH; 18th September 2022 at 19:37.

Fitted one of these to my Speedy Pro when I had one and it transformed the comfort. Quite a big clasp so have to remove a link to fit.

Does it need additional end link pieces for the clasp on the 2500 and Speedmaster, or direct replacement?
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Does it need additional end link pieces for the clasp on the 2500 and Speedmaster, or direct replacement?
    If it’s the screw link bracelet then it’s a direct replacement. If it’s the old pin and collar then you need new links too,

Craftsman
    In case it helps anyone, I have the 1503/825 bracelet and the adjustable clasp with three positions is the 117STZ004666, and the end links to fit are 118ST1515. Note that the end links aren’t supplied with enough pins and screws to be fitted so you’ll need extra (sorry, don’t have the part numbers for those).

I could never get a correct fit on my 300M and most AD’s told me a replacement adjustable clasp wouldn’t fit, even when I researched the part numbers. However, Lister Horsfall in Halifax couldn’t have been more helpful and I can now wear my watch (comfortably) again.

Craftsman
    I have one fitted to my SMPc. It looks wider in this picture but it must be how the photo has come out because in the flesh, they look the same.

Craftsman
    Got one on my SMPc. Works a treat, made the watch so much more comfy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    If it’s the screw link bracelet then it’s a direct replacement. If it’s the old pin and collar then you need new links too,
    I didn't think the 2500 PO came with screw link bracelet - I do have The newer bracelet on my Speedmasters, and a spare adjustable clasp though.

I didn't think the 2500 PO came with screw link bracelet - I do have The newer bracelet on my Speedmasters, and a spare adjustable clasp though.
    Mines a 2500c, I think the bracelet design changed?

Master
    With several different clasps (with and without the dive extension and maybe even a third) and several different bracelets for the watches due to different head sizes and pin Vs screw, it's quite a task to work out which clasp to order! I should probably go into an omega boutique and ask. I've a 41.5mm PO with 8500 movement, screwed bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    With several different clasps (with and without the dive extension and maybe even a third) and several different bracelets for the watches due to different head sizes and pin Vs screw, it's quite a task to work out which clasp to order! I should probably go into an omega boutique and ask. I've a 41.5mm PO with 8500 movement, screwed bracelet.
    Here is the clasp I fitted to my 42mm 8500 PO.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    alphajet’s will fit, so will the one I listed. Here’s a useful summary of the 3 options I found:

Master
    thanks gents, that's very useful.

Journeyman
    Hi there, so the 117stz004666 clasp would fit the recent version of the speedmaster pro? Like many others I can’t get a good fit. If you don’t mind me asking, how much does the clasp cost?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Scott88 View Post
    Hi there, so the 117stz004666 clasp would fit the recent version of the speedmaster pro? Like many others I can’t get a good fit. If you don’t mind me asking, how much does the clasp cost?

I think it’ll fit that, if it tapers to 18mm and is a screw bracelet. Cost was 160 from Swiss watch parts on eBay. Great service, ordered on Sunday and arrived Tuesday.

Journeyman
    I think it’ll fit that, if it tapers to 18mm and is a screw bracelet. Cost was 160 from Swiss watch parts on eBay. Great service, ordered on Sunday and arrived Tuesday.
    I’ll double check the taper, I know for a fact it’s screws. I’ll have a look at Swiss watch parts. Thank you for the information mate, appreciated.

Master
    You may want to check with you local Omega AD or better still an Omega boutique. Unless prices have significantly increased the 3 way adjustable clasp should only be around the £50 mark. It was when I bought mine last year.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    You may want to check with you local Omega AD or better still an Omega boutique. Unless prices have significantly increased the 3 way adjustable clasp should only be around the £50 mark. It was when I bought mine last year.
    Bought mine a couple of months ago, £77 from an AD. I guess marks ups vary from AD to AD but £160 sounds a lot unless it included end links.

I bought an 117stz004666 clasp for my 2500 42 min planet ocean having struggled to get a good fit that worked no matter the temperature.

It’s a revelation to be able to adjust the size as required. Thought I’d share the part number, as I spent some time finding out what would work. Took a couple of minutes to fit, and is only a couple of mm longer than the original.

Does it adjust like the Rolex (glidelock?) or does it have more micro adjust holes than standard?

I’ve just got a Speedy Pro and would love some more adjustment in the clasp.

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    Here is the clasp I fitted to my 42mm 8500 PO.

I’ve got the big lump of a watch..PO 45mm and the adjustable clasp is really a necessity to get a good comfortable fit. I’ve also just swapped a full link for half link and finally I have the perfect size combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Does it adjust like the Rolex (glidelock?) or does it have more micro adjust holes than standard?

I’ve just got a Speedy Pro and would love some more adjustment in the clasp.
    It adjusts by pushing the bit marked push and sliding it back and forward. As per the summary I posted this one gives 3 positions. 0mm, 2mm, or 4 mm. the other 2 options give 6 positions if you want more flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Bought mine a couple of months ago, £77 from an AD. I guess marks ups vary from AD to AD but £160 sounds a lot unless it included end links.
    Just the clasp, so sounds like it’s cheaper from an AD- I’m impatient though and no where near one!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Yeah that is a lot cheaper. I’ll definitely try the AD especially if the savings are this big. Cheers

Master
    I think the one from eBay is the largest of the 3 with 6 adjustments and the diver extension, so the price might be fair, not sure

It adjusts by pushing the bit marked push and sliding it back and forward. As per the summary I posted this one gives 3 positions. 0mm, 2mm, or 4 mm. the other 2 options give 6 positions if you want more flexibility.
    Perfect, thank you. I’ll be contacting my AD to order one for my speedy pro.

Perfect, thank you. I’ll be contacting my AD to order one for my speedy pro.
    I don't think you can just put the clasp on the screw in speedmaster- reading online suggests that side links for the clasp are needed too :(

Looks like 2x 0118STZ000015 links are needed.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 12th October 2019 at 14:54.

I don't think you can just put the clasp on the screw in speedmaster- reading online suggests that side links for the clasp are needed too :(

Looks like 2x 0118STZ000015 links are needed.
    Ah, thank you. I hadn’t considered the side links.

If I want to get the larger 6-position adjustable clasp (117STZ001154) for my new Speedmaster, would the 0118STZ000015 links fit (as they do with the smaller 3-position clasp)?

Apologies for being a bit clueless but my Googling skills have left me a little confused!

If I want to get the larger 6-position adjustable clasp (117STZ001154) for my new Speedmaster, would the 0118STZ000015 links fit (as they do with the smaller 3-position clasp)?

Apologies for being a bit clueless but my Googling skills have left me a little confused!
    I can't answer your question, but having fitted a 6 position adjustable to my SMP, I find I only ever use the first three. The six position clasp is overkill, unless you have wrists that swell an abnormal amount IMHO.

This coming from someone who has never been able to wear the unadjustable SM bracelet comfortably - these clasps are a Godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I can't answer your question, but having fitted a 6 position adjustable to my SMP, I find I only ever use the first three. The six position clasp is overkill, unless you have wrists that swell an abnormal amount IMHO.

This coming from someone who has never been able to wear the unadjustable SM bracelet comfortably - these clasps are a Godsend.

Thanks - I was basing it on the smaller clasp having 4mm adjustment over three positions. I have measured how much I typically adjust the bracelet on my SDc between seasons, and I adjust it over four positions which I measured last night to be 6mm. I may well have abnormal wrists!