closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Odd Seiko quartz issue

Odd Seiko quartz issue

Hi

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I have a roughly year old (first two digits in s/n are 88 if that helps) Seiko SGG731, with the 7N43 movement. And there's a problem....

I like it but only wear it occasionally, and most of the time it ticks away in my watch box. But on a couple of occasions I've taken it out, and when I went to put it on a while later noticed it had stopped. Crown wasn't out, I think these have a long life battery, and it ticks normally the rest of the time. Reset time, and off we go again.

Any thoughts/similar experiences? Is a battery change my best bet? Any ideas much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    I'd try a battery change. Handle the new battery with rubber gloves so as to avoid any possible shorting of it or grease.

Craftsman
    Are the hands fouling each other maybe? See what time it stops.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by simoscribbler View Post
    I think these have a long life battery, and it ticks normally the rest of the time. Reset time, and off we go again.
    3 year battery. https://forums.watchuseek.com/f281/s...de-276900.html

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, long life battery but will try a change because it did it again overnight - ticking away smoothly again now. Hands not the issue, nor day/date change. Very odd.