closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Insurance - Without receipt

Craftsman

Watch Insurance - Without receipt

As title states, if I’m buying a watch (say £10-12k) from a private seller who is unable to provide receipts, will I encounter difficulties insuring the watch (from theft at home/in the UK as well as when travelling abroad).

Would a bank statement (showing payment) be any helpful or can the insurers appraise the watch and place a value on it?

Master
    I had this same question too when looking at insurance options.

Some are happy with pictures of you wearing the watch, some the bank transfer details. Not many request valuation papers as it doesn't prove you own it. I put mine on my home insurance and they were more than happy just with pictures, and with warranty card to show the serial number. Just hope I never have to do a claim...

Craftsman
    As has already been mentioned it depends on the insurer. My insurer required me to provide a recent valuation of the watch and that was it.

Craftsman
    Thanks - that’s helpful. Have heard of some problems people encountered when trying to insure without a receipt and had some doubts about a potential purchase... but seems like there’s a workaround.

Same here recent valuation and warranty card were enough, no need for a receipt

Not every present comes with a receipt after all