closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: decent bars Nottingham - Lace Market etc

decent bars Nottingham - Lace Market etc

HI

Im in Nottingham on Sunday - and will be Lace Market area for a drink or two - I lived in Nottingham 20 years ago - and would say Pitcher and Piano for a nice drink, but are there any new cocktail bar type places up there that folk recommend?

Also food - will be a curry near the castle area XXXX many miles to Mumbai I usually use - unless any better recommendations?

Doesn't need to be posh and will be walking/uber - don't want to go into West Bridgford etc - stay central.

Don’t go out much anymore but Hockley Arts Club, Boiler Room and some gin place across the road from HAC. Can’t remember what it’s called. For a decent curry, Calcutta Club next door to 7000000000 miles to Delhi is probably one of the two best places I’ve been to for Indian food. Menu is different to the usual but food is authentic. Also worth considering Mowgli but for both will need to book a table I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishie View Post
    Don’t go out much anymore but Hockley Arts Club, Boiler Room and some gin place across the road from HAC. Can’t remember what it’s called. For a decent curry, Calcutta Club next door to 7000000000 miles to Delhi is probably one of the two best places I’ve been to for Indian food. Menu is different to the usual but food is authentic. Also worth considering Mowgli but for both will need to book a table I think.
    cool - that's the curry house I was thinking of I think

For many years I've been wondering if all four of those curry houses on that corner share one big kitchen in the middle :)
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...2!4d-1.1581086
    Memsab, miles from Delhi, Calcutta Club and Laguna all back on to each other - and there's not much to choose between them for me (Laguna is the least fancy I guess)

The Pelican Club at the top of Hockley is one my wife always drags me in to for a cocktail when we're in town - it's more a restaurant than a bar in my eyes, but she likes the cocktail menu...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    HI

Im in Nottingham on Sunday - and will be Lace Market area for a drink or two - I lived in Nottingham 20 years ago - and would say Pitcher and Piano for a nice drink, but are there any new cocktail bar type places up there that folk recommend?

Also food - will be a curry near the castle area XXXX many miles to Mumbai I usually use - unless any better recommendations?

Doesn't need to be posh and will be walking/uber - don't want to go into West Bridgford etc - stay central.
    Pitcher and Piano is crap now. Has been for ages.
    Curious Tavern in Hockley is interesting.
    Nothing wrong with any of the other suggestions.
    I like Calcutta Club and Mem Saab more than 4550 from Delhi but all are fine.
    Kayal in Hockley does a great curry too, it’s on Broad Street before the Broadway cinema.

Pepper Rocks do a great Mojito, it’s just down a little dead end street alongside Flannels, off Bridlesmithgate. Opposite to that is the cut-through to Weekday Cross, and on the right is Coco Tang - good simple menu of Vietnamese food and couple of cocktail bars across a few floors. Good place.

There are bars opening monthly around town it seems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 3rd October 2019 at 17:34.