closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interesting Facts

Master

Interesting Facts

Hello,

I have always had a fascination for interesting facts about anything, so TV shows like 'QI' and podcasts like 'No Such Thing as a Fish' really appeal to me, though I very very rarely watch TV these days.

By facts I dont mean numbers and measurements - I mean quirky and more involved, interesting historical facts, but also relating to anything science & nature or life in general.

I am sure I am not alone.

So, I wondered what other sources of such amusements are out there, yet undiscovered by me?

I recently took to The Economist as the Fish podcasts raves about it, but I am completely apolitical and not really interested in economics, so at least half of the magazine is defunct for me.

Podcasts, websites, magazines? I tend to prefer paper products (magazines, books) to websites, where possible.

Thanks!

:)
    Last edited by ach5; 3rd October 2019 at 12:51.

I'm a fan of the Triple J Dr Karl podcasts - It's an Australian radio show in which the public call in with a huge variety of science based questions. Most are usually fairly light, but there can be some really interesting segments. In particular I love how sometimes a daft sounding question can lead to a deep or really technical answer. He's a fascinating guy with an extremely broad knowledge and they regularly have some great guests on from the world of science.

Master
    Qi was great in it’s early, more nerdy years, when comedians on the panel was not the entire formula.

F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Safe for work, before I click it??!

Quote Originally Posted by dixie View Post
    I'm a fan of the Triple J Dr Karl podcasts - It's an Australian radio show in which the public call in with a huge variety of science based questions. Most are usually fairly light, but there can be some really interesting segments. In particular I love how sometimes a daft sounding question can lead to a deep or really technical answer. He's a fascinating guy with an extremely broad knowledge and they regularly have some great guests on from the world of science.
    That's the sort of stuff I'm after - thanks; I will definitely look this one up!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Safe for work, before I click it?
    Yes.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Yes.
    funny! Love old fashioned comedy!