closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch not as described - eBay

Craftsman

Watch not as described - eBay

To cut a long story short I bought a £2.5k watch off eBay but when it arrived the condition was far from as described despite several messages with the seller assuring me otherwise.

I immediately raised a return request and eBay have had to step in. They have told the seller to issue a pre-paid label (tracked etc) and they will review the case once the watch is back with him.

I was just wondering if anyone else had gone through similar?

My biggest concern being once I ship it back, the seller could say I've damaged it and would have my money and his watch back.

Am I being paranoid and have you any recommendations to ensure a smooth return and refund??

Thanks
    Ben

Photos and lots of them, video too. Hopefully you took some also when it arrived showing the condition not being what the seller claimed?

In my experience eBay side with the buyer in these disputes,

Did you pay via a credit card or debit card, even if via PayPal, if you have difficulties when he has your money and the item your card issuer will support you in getting a refund

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    They have told the seller to issue a pre-paid label (tracked etc) and they will review the case once the watch is back with him.
    Make sure you use their prepaid label / tracking - better for you in terms of eBay looking after you for the return, and you don’t have the cost of the return.

Take pictures as you pack and weigh the package before posting (video the handing over at the post office if you really want some comfort)

Should be alright though, I’ve had a similar episode and all was ok in the end.

I found Ebay do side with the buyer also.

Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    Make sure you use their prepaid label / tracking - better for you in terms of eBay looking after you for the return, and you don’t have the cost of the return.

Take pictures as you pack and weigh the package before posting (video the handing over at the post office if you really want some comfort)

Should be alright though, I’ve had a similar episode and all was ok in the end.

I found Ebay do side with the buyer also.
    Videoing the handover is pointless unless you've got unedited footage from packing to handover.

Craftsman
    Good morning OP.

If you did pay with PayPal then you have no issues. EBay and PayPal will side with you.

If the seller has positive and regular history dating back 5+ years then it can be put down to a difference of interpretation, unfortunately we don't all see things in the same way so best to give the seller the benefit of the doubt unless its obviously described totally incorrect eg black turns out to be red.

If you have paid by an alternative method then that is between you and the seller, ebay may only act as a intermediary. In this instance use the diplomatic approach. If its within a few hours drive then no harm in "hand delivering" the watch and making sure you take a recording of it delivered and asking politely for your refund at the same time.

In a nutshell, with soo much money on the line best to toe the diplomatic root.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Videoing the handover is pointless unless you've got unedited footage from packing to handover.
    I marked the seal specifically whilst packing, then documented the unbroken seal just before handing over.

So not going to do your case with eBay any harm if anything did actually happen.