closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Take a look at Jaguar Ipace two year lease deals

Take a look at Jaguar Ipace two year lease deals

It seems to be a no brainer to rent one for two years all of the lease companies seem to be offering them yet the main dealers don't want to know.

just at an example, https://www.justdriveleasing.co.uk/c...jaguar/i-pace/

Master
    Would be ordering one of these if I wasn’t already in a lease. 0% BIK from April so potential big saving if you take one as company car. 400hp too :-)

Master
    £300+ a month on a car, how the other half live :)

Craftsman
    Buisness lease not personal.

You can do personal too, it just shows the price including VAT.

These aren’t actually available anymore.

I went for one two weeks ago, went through the process, was approved, and then told they’ve all gone. I was not happy.

There is only one finance company behind this offer - Arval.

There is a limited supply of the cars due to be built between now and November. All have been taken.

So I’m about to get something else.

Real shame, the iPace ticked all my boxes.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Personal deals are just that + vat, this smacks of the incredible Golf R deals from a couple of years ago that are no longer possible

And bodes well for the future resale value of the ipace with this level of confidence from the lease companies

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

I went for one two weeks ago, went through the process, was approved, and then told they’ve all gone. I was not happy.

There is a limited supply of the cars due to be built between now and November. All have been taken.

Oh, so that’s why they’re so cheap :(

Interested in what also ticked all the boxes for you?

I’m fascinated by these performance EVs

I had a day driving one at Milbrook about eight months ago. Very quick, great handling, spacious and a fabulous interior.

It felt like a Jag (I’ve had numerous over the years) but properly hi tech and well sorted.

Craftsman
    Lex, you’ve been bursting to buy one of these for ages. Just get on with it, splash the cash. Life is short.

I had a day driving one at Milbrook about eight months ago. Very quick, great handling, spacious and a fabulous interior.

It felt like a Jag (I’ve had numerous over the years) but properly hi tech and well sorted.
    Thanks for that, read almost nothing but good things, but there are others, seems to be higher performance or higher quality with the other options, but the Jag seems to get the balance the most right

have you gone for one its competitors now instead?

Try planet leasing, I gave them an enquiry for two today and they are confident that they can supply exxstick

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Try planet leasing, I gave them an enquiry for two today and they are confident that they can supply exxstick
    Thanks Adrian - I will give them a try first thing.

I'll report back here what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post
    Thanks for that, read almost nothing but good things, but there are others, seems to be higher performance or higher quality with the other options, but the Jag seems to get the balance the most right

have you gone for one its competitors now instead?

Problem is, there aren't really any competitors at the moment. I have a weekend sports car, so this is for my daily driver and run-around.

I know someone who has an Audi e-Tron - more expensive and nowhere near as good. I considered a Tesla Model 3 Performance - but it is just too small for what I want. I've looked very closely at the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - and I know it is a very sensible choice, but I just can't get excited by it. It's also too slow for my tastes (which I know is shallow and ridiculous, but...).

I'm actually now on the verge of going for a Merc GLC Coupe 300d AMG Premium Line.

It's not electric, but is very well kitted out with lots of tech and toys, and ticks most of my boxes ok.

Problem is, there aren't really any competitors at the moment. I have a weekend sports car, so this is for my daily driver and run-around.

I know someone who has an Audi e-Tron - more expensive and nowhere near as good. I considered a Tesla Model 3 Performance - but it is just too small for what I want. I've looked very closely at the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - and I know it is a very sensible choice, but I just can't get excited by it. It's also too slow for my tastes (which I know is shallow and ridiculous, but...).

I'm actually now on the verge of going for a Merc GLC Coupe 300d AMG Premium Line.

It's not electric, but is very well kitted out with lots of tech and toys, and ticks most of my boxes ok.
    Mercedes do seem to have it right at the moment, I stumbled across the Ipace at a car show last weekend, it looked really good and the two year lease cost makes it a very good proposition for an every day car.

I’m quietly obsessed with the 3 performance, and agree on the Etron, did see one at the launch event, Nice car, but too conventional despite the tech

Isn’t the GLC coupe a very similar size to the model 3? Or is it the boot vs the hatchback that’s the problem?

Sorry for all the questions, just you seem to be a few weeks ahead of me in your search

I’m quietly obsessed with the 3 performance, and agree on the Etron, did see one at the launch event, Nice car, but too conventional despite the tech

Isn’t the GLC coupe a very similar size to the model 3? Or is it the boot vs the hatchback that’s the problem?

Sorry for all the questions, just you seem to be a few weeks ahead of me in your search

The Model 3 is really quite small, I've been and looked at one in the metal. The GLC coupe is much bigger. I like the SUV driving position as a daily driver, and the space is useful. The Model 3 is, as you say, only a hatchback.

Believe me, I was very tempted by the 3 - the performance is, after all, pretty much unique. My weekend car is a Maserati - the one with the Ferrari 430 engine that can do 0-60 in about 4.6 seconds - and the 3 would annihilate it.

I also love tech and gadgets, and the Tesla is undoubtedly very clever.

The interior is marmite to me - on the one hand it is so different it is cool, but on the other it really is very minimalist, and I'm not sure I am quite ready for that. I like a bit of luxury!

After some real agonising I realised that 90% of the appeal of the 3 lay in the ballistic performance - if it wasn't for that, I would have very little interest in the car. The evidence for this was that the Standard or Long Range held no appeal whatsoever to me.

I do think that the GLC is sort of "old tech" - ie it's a diesel, albeit a fairly fast one, that isn't too juicy. However, the finish, design, clever gadgets and usability are just about enough to compensate.

That said, I'd still have an iPace if I can get one at a sensible price.

Dunno if that helps, but I've found this car change the hardest one I've ever done to make a decision on, and I've had lots of interesting cars over the years - Supercharged Jags, 911's, TVR's, etc.

We are definitely at a watershed in automotive technology, and I think that if I have a combustion engine for another two years (I tend to get two year Lease deals - not the most cost effective usually, but I get bored), then the next time I change there will be far more EV choice on the market, and the technology will have matured further.

At least, that's my reasoning as it stands tonight. I might have changed my mind again by the morning...

I get the one dimensional theory of the Tesla performance, add the self driving tech and its pretty impressive, but don’t get the same feeling of quality and where the marginal gaps in performance and tech between it and the Ipace see the jag ahead overall

The next couple of years are going to see some great EVs and could bring a seismic shift away from ICE if these cars are anything to go on

And still leaves room for something nice for the weekend

I can confirm the iPace deals no longer exist. My understanding was it was a comparitively small number of cars, and they have all completely gone. I was offered an iPace SE today, but for several hundred pounds a month more than I was quoted a few days age when I did the paperwork and thought I had one reserved.

I said no thanks.

I have gone for the GLC Coupe 300d AMG Line Premium Plus, which while I can't get as excited about as an ipace, does seem like a very nice daily run around, has enough kit and performance to keep me interested for a couple of years, and isn't stupidly thirsty.

you have to wonder where those cars came from to be able to be offered so cheap ?

I can confirm the iPace deals no longer exist. My understanding was it was a comparitively small number of cars, and they have all completely gone. I was offered an iPace SE today, but for several hundred pounds a month more than I was quoted a few days age when I did the paperwork and thought I had one reserved.

I said no thanks.

I have gone for the GLC Coupe 300d AMG Line Premium Plus, which while I can't get as excited about as an ipace, does seem like a very nice daily run around, has enough kit and performance to keep me interested for a couple of years, and isn't stupidly thirsty.
    I think that you may be right, I said I will have two, they have confirmed the stock but not the price, the deal is still being advertised though, which seems a bit on the dishonest side.

I think that you may be right, I said I will have two, they have confirmed the stock but not the price, the deal is still being advertised though, which seems a bit on the dishonest side.
    is that from the planet leasing you quoted?

is that from the planet leasing you quoted?
    Yes, I’m starting to get the feeling that this lot are not particularly honest
    That deal is still on their website

https://www.planetleasing.co.uk/jagu...to-106727.html
    Last edited by adrianw; 26th September 2019 at 11:33.

you have to wonder where those cars came from to be able to be offered so cheap ?
    The manufacturer

I stamped my feet at the local dealer, I leased two on the same terms, delivery next week.

I stamped my feet at the local dealer, I leased two on the same terms, delivery next week.

You did very well - good effort. I’ve settled on the Merc for now, but I’d be keen to hear how you get on with the iPace - are they for you and colleagues?

What was the deal and spec you got out of interest?

I’m assuming you are on a business deal?
    Last edited by TheFlyingBanana; 26th September 2019 at 20:52.

Craftsman
    Hey folks, just had an email from Carleasespecialoffers with a Jag I-Pace deal. Similar terms to above and in stock. I have no affiliation but have been on the lookout for a new car lease myself.

https://carleasespecialoffers.co.uk/car/product/83380/

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Expensive day for the dealer if they truly matched it!

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Hey folks, just had an email from Carleasespecialoffers with a Jag I-Pace deal. Similar terms to above and in stock. I have no affiliation but have been on the lookout for a new car lease myself.

https://carleasespecialoffers.co.uk/car/product/83380/

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Thanks but sadly that isn’t the same deal - it’s based on 5k miles per annum, a whole year in advance and 36 months.

Once you put in some sensible figures the price rockets.

Never mind. Can’t win em all!

You did very well - good effort. I’ve settled on the Merc for now, but I’d be keen to hear how you get on with the iPace - are they for you and colleagues?

What was the deal and spec you got out of interest?

I’m assuming you are on a business deal?
    Originally hadn’t considered business but the 0% BIK makes it a no brainer, 9+23 SE with metallic paint, one @ 10k £400 and one @ 15k £450, slightly more than the deal but for a 71k car it’s a no brainer, obviously now plus VAT.

That does sound a good deal, the residuals are looking very strong on the ipace on these shorter leases

One thing that surprised me, insurance companies really don’t like electric cars, several won’t touch them, apparently repair costs are astronomic.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    One thing that surprised me, insurance companies really don’t like electric cars, several won’t touch them, apparently repair costs are astronomic.
    Yep, got this. Quotes from a recent enquiry, for a comparison, Jag £2,100 pa, Merc G350 £750 pa - cars worth £80,000 and £115,000 respectively. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Yep, got this. Quotes from a recent enquiry, for a comparison, Jag £2,100 pa, Merc G350 £750 pa - cars worth £80,000 and £115,000 respectively. Go figure.
    LV appear to be the only insurance company interested in covering electric vehicles at sensible rates. it is very surprising considering the proportion of business it will quickly become.

LV appear to be the only insurance company interested in covering electric vehicles at sensible rates. it is very surprising considering the proportion of business it will quickly become.
    Does seem strange, don’t imagine the drivers are more accident prone and most of premium is against 3rd party liability.

Master
    Cost of repair, surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked it up today, have done about 100miles, it does have a lot of toys and drives very well.