closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spurs - what’s going wrong

Spurs - what’s going wrong

Although a master class from Bayern this is a pretty poor performance from
    Spurs

What’s going on in the last couple of months. Players look uninterested, something is up in that dressing room. All is not well.

Just watched that, men against boys, Spurs just didn't look interested. I thought Bayern were in transition, but looking at tonight's performance they will go far this season.

Is Pocc on his way?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Is Pocc on his way?
    Real Madrid, only a matter of time

Colchester boy very happy mind

Blog Entries
    Watching this tonight no fan of the spuds but i can see Poch ( who looked totally pissed) going to RM who were not convincing tonight under ZZ there are a lot of underlying issues at Tottenham and i reckon there are going to be huge changes
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Watching this tonight no fan of the spuds but i can see Poch ( who looked totally pissed) going to RM who were not convincing tonight under ZZ there are a lot of underlying issues at Tottenham and i reckon there are going to be huge changes
    A mate of mine, a spurs fan today was saying that the dressing room have fallen out over vertonghen and eriksen, by all’s accounts eriksens missus has been doing her bit for team unity with the centre back

Awkward

It's weird. They let Tripper go for peanuts, half the team wants to leave, the manager basically said if he won the Champions League he would leave (AKA I am too big for the club despite having won sod all). I can't see RM wanting him given the recent performances and if they don't get a result at Brighton it will be night night Poch who keeps playing a diamond midfield formation that worked once against Chelsea a year ago but that everyone has now sussed out.

Didn't Spurs use to have a top midfielder called Dele Alli? Now there's just a useless leggy guy by the same name who clearly wants out. Players who were in last season's CL final are looking like they started playing football a week ago.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 1st October 2019 at 22:25.

I’m not sure Poch is making the decision on club spending and player releases and I think that’s what drove the comment about leaving last season, he strikes me as a hugely capable manager. You’re right he hasn’t won anything but given funds?

The tripper exit was indeed odd. Good player, young, suited spurs style of play I thought and an England international, what’s not to like

Ali, well he is rarely fit, has business interests outside football that look to be nothing but a distraction, he also comes across as an arrogant so and so

Craftsman
    Spuds...... Say hello to Maureen and thats not the new tea lady

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    A mate of mine, a spurs fan today was saying that the dressing room have fallen out over vertonghen and eriksen, by all’s accounts eriksens missus has been doing her bit for team unity with the centre back

Awkward
    I've heard the same from a mate who has a good contact in the ticketing dept at Spurs.

Master
    Levy needs to learn that you operate in different ways at different levels.
    He is still stuck with an operating model delivering high/mid table finishes. As a result key talent is/will leave and then Spurs will be back to where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post

Awkward
    Yea I heard the same, a Bridge & Terry situation...quite common within many spots clubs. Going to wreck their season though.
    Last edited by wildheart; 2nd October 2019 at 10:08.

Craftsman
    4-2 down with 15mins to go wasn't looking that bad. The Bayern goals were classy - they couldn't do anything to miss the corner of the net. Not a Spurs fan but like to watch them play, hope it was a bad off day and not the start of bad run.

How bad were Tottenham?

Well, the biggest Spurs fan on the forum (Tony/LTF) was posting in Watch Talk at 2120hrs last night!

I thought Spurs started well, but Bayern adjusted tactically & Spurs couldn't respond. Giving the ball away too much in the second half didn't help, of course.

How can a game with six goals, five substitutions & two VAR stoppages, all in the second half, only have two minutes stoppage time added?

As an aside:

Dear BT Sport, what is the point of Jermaine Jenas. The nation is baffled to his purpose.

Ditto Peter 'I agree' Walton.

Yours etc..
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    1st and foremost that was a masterclass in game management and finishing from the germans and as a neutral I was very impressed with them, the main thing for me is that Spurs have a talented squad but bar Loris no-one has won anything of note in that squad and I include poch inthat and so when push comes to shove they fall away and are somewhat tactically naive, Levy refuses to buy TOP players and pay top wages and so in order to get to that next level it makes it very difficult to change a mind set, look at anyone else who moves into a new stadium invariably its a struggle for a while thereafter and so. its no surprise to me.

Master
    All this negativity... Goodness me where were spurs 5 years ago? Surely you'll take a loss (albeit a battering) in the Champions League than not being in the competition at all?

They don't pay the wages is the issue, so many players running down contracts and plan to leave. Unfortunately the game is all about money these days. This will all ways have an impact on morale and performance. Erikson who is their best player looks to have switched off, so has Deli Ali and a few others. They over achieved getting to the final last season. RM might not get rid of ZZ as they would have to pay him £80 million or something stupid, no idea in this age why clubs give mangers such long contacts!

From an Arsenal point of view, why did we let Gnabry leave!! he looks likes a hell of a player
    Last edited by NikGixer750; 2nd October 2019 at 10:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    All this negativity... Goodness me where were spurs 5 years ago? Surely you'll take a loss (albeit a battering) in the Champions League than not being in the competition at all?
    But surely it must be asked, how can a team reach the final last year and then throw in a performance like this a few months later?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    But surely it must be asked, how can a team reach the final last year and then throw in a performance like this a few months later?
    I think it's more about people's expectations. Yes Spurs are finalists but does that make them the second best team in Europe? And with that, they should easily beat Bayern and put in fantastic performances week in week out? Taking a singular point and extrapolating the result is unwise and only leads to disappointment to me. Yes it sucks for fans to see Spurs get hammered, but I remember fondly the Moura last minute goal at Ajax. Thats what football should be about - remembering the great moments, and these bad games makes those great moments even better.

Blog Entries
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Not a close follower, but I've never understood the love for Pochettino.

Journeyman
    A few defeats and there's suddenly a crisis......try supporting Newcastle United for the last 50 yrs.....now THAT is a damn crisis !!!!

Craftsman
    Three goals down to Brighton and Lloris out with a long term injury, things are going from bad to worse.

Players with 9 months remaining on their contract set to leave and 50 mil summer signings not performing.

It all went wrong when Poch hinted he might leave if they won the CL final and playing Kane ahead of an inform Moura.

An utter disaster for them today.

Craftsman
    Spurs ST holder and it's not just poor form of late , it's been the last 12 months. CL final just papered ove the cracks. Some blame Levy for not making funds aviaiable over the 3 transfer windows to freshen the squad up. Some now blaming Poch as the players don't look motivated and he actaully picks the team.

Me I just haven't a clue what's happened. As for the Erikison rumours, maybe you should check out his twitter account, thats been put to bed as bullshit.