closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent Purchase - Keep or Return??

Blog Entries
    Excellent. Glad it's a keeper.

Master
    Best possible result.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Thanks to those who provided useful comments & opinions on the watch.

Big thanks also to walkerwek1958 for taking a look at the watch so quickly for me.

Serial numbers on the case / movement are confirmed as matching & all looks good with the watch + the seller has sent me 8% refund on the sale.

Serial numbers not matching between the watch & docs is still a bit of a mystery, but looks likely to be the AD mixing up the cards?

The Seamaster is a keeper & now going to have a service before I get it on my wrist.
    Great result, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Great stuff - definitely a good price and if Paul’s given it the thumbs up you’re in good shape.

These are seriously good looking watches. Enjoy!

Serial numbers not matching is an irrelevance on a watch of such an age as it isn't in warranty. In any case once you had it serviced by Omega you would get up to date paperwork. I have no idea why we dont move to an electronic service history process like you get with cars and in any case once again if the watch is past the warranty period the presence of the card is an irrelevance to all but the most anally retentive.

For what it is worth that looks to be a lovely piece and price is fair. Not great, not bad but fair. And walterwek gave you sound advice - focus on how it runs and the condition and that seems spot on and that's what matters most. Enjoy it - looks like a superb piece

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good to hear all is well.

Just enjoy the watch now !

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    + it's a nice watch, enjoy it!

Grand Master
    Looks a good one but why not see if the vendor will knock a bit off for the mismatched stuff?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Looks a good one but why not see if the vendor will knock a bit off for the mismatched stuff?
    He did!

Banned
    Looks like a nice watch at a fair price.
    Glad you’re now sorted, a fair gesture from the seller.

Grand Master
    The watch is a good 'un.....it's official

Master

Nice one! Glad it all worked out - cracking watch. Even compared to modern watches these Seamasters take some beating - legible, tough, accurate, great lume and above all slim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    After the exchange of a couple of PMs this watch will be coming my way for evaluation and sorting out. I’m 99.9% convinced it’s a sound buy.

Haven’t had a cal 1120 SMP on the bench for around 12 months, then two 2254.50s turned up recently, and now this one.
    Update: -

Here's my SMP 300 2255.80 now - received back from Paul this week after a service.
    The watch looks stunning (like brand new) & is running at +2 secs over the last 4 days!
    Paul really has done an excellent job on the watch & also helped me out with the 2254.50 black insert bezel that is now fitted to the watch - can't recommend his work / service highly enough, so big thanks to him.

The watch turned out to be genuine & a very good buy - haven't even thought about the non-matching serial numbers since I got it on my wrist!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    After the exchange of a couple of PMs this watch will be coming my way for evaluation and sorting out. I’m 99.9% convinced it’s a sound buy.

Haven’t had a cal 1120 SMP on the bench for around 12 months, then two 2254.50s turned up recently, and now this one.
    Have a Seamaster with the 1120 movement, lovely watch and slim case.

Here's my SMP 300 2255.80 now - received back from Paul this week after a service.
    The watch looks stunning (like brand new) & is running at +2 secs over the last 4 days!
    Paul really has done an excellent job on the watch & also helped me out with the 2254.50 black insert bezel that is now fitted to the watch - can't recommend his work / service highly enough, so big thanks to him.

The watch turned out to be genuine & a very good buy - haven't even thought about the non-matching serial numbers since I got it on my wrist!

Nice one, sounds like you have made a good purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy wearing it, looks really nice.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 30th November 2019 at 19:26.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries

Excellent. Very glad you kept it.

Pleased that it all worked out for you.
    And imo looks much better with the black bezel insert fitted. :)

Craftsman
    Looks great with the new Black Bezel!

Glad it all worked out in the end :)

Grand Master
    The OP did a good day’s business buying this watch, although it was in need of service and a bit of cosmetic work it’s a good example that hasn’t been worn to death. The bracelet’s in excellent condition, very little wear in the pins, just needed a light refinish to sharpen it up.

My initial thoughts on pairing the black 2254.50 bezel with the blue dial were’nt favourable, at first glance it didn’t seem right, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it! I’ve had one of these bezels in my parts stash for a few years, it’s in virtually new condition, so it was an ideal match-up. I put the watch on an old black strap to regulate it, it spend a good few hours on my wrist and I really warmed to it........despite my initial reservations!

Master
    What a great result. I think i prefer the black insert, ive never really like silver ones.

Master
    Trying it on Italian rubber today - looks equally good!

Grand Master
    I recall seeing one of these with a blue ‘bond’ bezel from a 2531.80, that worked very well too. Shame the bezels aren’t freely available any longer, after - market inserts can be bought but the last one I tried was poor quality.

Craftsman
    Glad it worked out for you :)

I'm not sure personally regarding the bezel, think I still prefer the original but that last pic on the rubber it does look good together :)

A great watch at a great price with the added assurance of Paul checking it over. What's not to like?

Enjoy.

Master
    Great looking watch. Love it how a fellow member on here checked it for you...it's what this forum is all about. Excellent buy and hope you have many years of wearing it👍

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Tough one, if you bought second hand from an individual and not a retailer they're not obliged to refund you.
    I realise that it's a moot point at this stage (and also that I'm rather late to the party), but regardless of whether the watch had been sold by an individual or a retailer, the buyer would have won a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) case on eBay, on the grounds that the documentation provided did not match what was said in the listing. The seller would also have had to pay for return postage.

OP - looks like you did the right thing, because you've ended up with a lovely watch.