closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hotel Mumbai

Hotel Mumbai

I wasn't expecting anything special from 'Hotel Mumbai' but it's one of the most intense and harrowing films I've watched for a very long time. There are no Hollywood heroics or Die Hard stunts here - just a stark interpretation of the terrorist attacks that happened in Mumbai in 2008. Brilliant performances from many of the cast, notably Dev Patel (who is a far better as a serious actor), Nazanin Boniadi and Anupam Kher. Definitely recommended but you might be emotionally drained afterwards.

I would agree. I watched it last night and was completely drained by the end of it. I couldn't believe that a city the size of Mumbai didn't have its own armed unit or a nearby military unit that could have come in a little quicker.

I'm glad that I watched it, but I don't think it is the type of film that I could watch a second time.

I have it queued up but was too tired to watch it last night

Sounds like I need my strength to take it on

Thanks for the heads up

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    It’s on my list to watch, but after this will put it on tonight

Craftsman
    Where are people watching this ? Can’t see it on Netflix.

It’s on sky

Craftsman
    Hearing very good things. Definitely on the list

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Watched it last night defo worth watching.
    Friday watched Bohemian Rapsody, that was also very good.

I was staying at the Taj Westend (Bangalore) when the attack took place. The following morning the hotel had armed guards (with shotguns) at the entrance. All vehicles were searched and even "regulars" (like myself) had to show ID. What had been a lovely relaxed hotel suddenly felt like a high security prison.

About 6 weeks later when I returned. The local security guards has been replaced with Nepalese (Gurkhas types) with pistols, sniffer dogs, Metal detectors and X-ray machines. It wasn't just at the Taj. It had happened at all 3 hotels I visited that week.

It had a massive impact on everyone in India simply because airport style security was introduced to most hotels (used by Westerners) and even at shopping Malls.

Very sad.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Watched it last night as well. Same as earlier comment, it was amazing that a city like Mumbai didn't have the ability to cope with something like this.

Definitely worth a watch.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Watched it last night as well. Same as earlier comment, it was amazing that a city like Mumbai didn't have the ability to cope with something like this.

Same! Really good film. Was shocked also how long it took them to go in!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Probably one of the best movies I have seen this year. Very intense and harrowing.

It’s just difficult to imagine there was so many armed police outside the hotel, and only a handful of police that attempted to actually enter the hotel. That really upset me.

I thought it was a dreadful film.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    It’s just difficult to imagine there was so many armed police outside the hotel, and only a handful of police that attempted to actually enter the hotel. That really upset me.
    Paper tigers.

Master
    I was staying at the Taj the week before the attack. Obviously, was really shocked at the subsequent events. I have not seen this film but will definitely check it out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

A terrific film. Watched it at the weekend. Most of the leading characters didn’t exist but were based on a collection of guests and staff. The head chef was about the only real character portrayal in the film along with the 2 police officers that went in, they did this to spare the families of the victims

The stories though of the hotel staff heroism is unbelievable, consciously shielding guests from bullets as they saw it their duty to protect.

The film itself is well put together, a tough watch at times, gripping and tense, definitely a recommend watch

We've just finished watching it. Harrowing indeed, but the bravery of staff, even if composites of real people was heartwarming. A very well made film, and the mixture of real footage and the film itself was virtually seamless. Superb.

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post

They re-trained the UK armed police following this (pre the Olympics) so I think it was unexpected in almost all scenarios.

Great film and was also waiting for the action hero to make himself known.

Master
    Saw the trailer whilst waiting to see Ad Astra and my partner remarked how it looked a decent film and whether we could go watch it instead as the starting times were the same! I laughed and replied that Brad Pitt films were usually decent, The Tree of Life aside, and Ad Astra had better reviews. Having sat through it I have no idea how.

Blog Entries
    Watched it Sunday and a great watch.

Totally agree, very good film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Agree, quite a film. Also such sad events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk