closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay 10% Off

eBay 10% Off

Today and tomorrow, 10% off most stuff. Max discount £75, min spend £50.

Coupon is ‘PLEASED’.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 27th September 2019 at 12:38.

Master
    Thanks,saved me £50.

Thanks plus 1 - just saved on a new Bulova Moonwatch!

Craftsman
    I am bloody kicking myself...... Just spent £200 on 2 different transactions.

I forgot about the discount code.
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

They’ll be another code along in a week or two, these seem to be almost monthly just recently

Send the items back and wait for the next one ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I am bloody kicking myself...... Just spent £200 on 2 different transactions.

I forgot about the discount code.
    I think it finished midnight last night, so if you ordered this a.m. it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post
    They’ll be another code along in a week or two, these seem to be almost monthly just recently

Send the items back and wait for the next one ;)
    The discounts are normally just for curtain sellers. Pretty rare You get it off everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    The discounts are normally just for curtain sellers. Pretty rare You get it off everything.
    This. And it’s a tie-in with PayPal. The seller gets the full price (less standard PayPal and eBay fees)

Craftsman
    PICKME10

10% off purchases of £100 or more upto £50

Craftsman
    Purchased my first tube amp with 10% off. Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    PICKME10

10% off purchases of £100 or more upto £50
    Damn, it’s expired.

There will be a few more as retailers build up to Christmas so keep checking. I'd expect some good discounts to be offered this year to try and drum up consumers who may be uncertain over Brexit.

Blog Entries
    New code PREPARE10. 10% off, min spend £20, max discount £50, ends 04/10/2019, limited list of sellers, single use only, single transaction.
    Ts&Cs with seller list: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2019/p6289/index.html

That didn’t take long to appear again!

What do we think, an indication of how much money eBay make or how slow business is that they do this?

I have a business account on eBay and often get mailshots to list items ready to support these deals and often with zero listing fees too and no impact to me from the discount

That didn’t take long to appear again!

What do we think, an indication of how much money eBay make or how slow business is that they do this?

I have a business account on eBay and often get mailshots to list items ready to support these deals and often with zero listing fees too and no impact to me from the discount
    Slow business. They must be seeing competition from Amazon Marketplace (for direct sales) and with the like of Facebook marketplace and Shpock eating into their traditional second hand sector sale market.

I still use it to list vintage computing stuff and other oddities when I'm selling. But if I want to buy something I generally hit Amazon first then Google around to find the best deal. That's despite eBay results being still quite high on Google, too.
    Last edited by Tabs; 2nd October 2019 at 09:17.

Blog Entries
    Good question. eBay seems to be doing very well as a business (I think?) and these promotions just encourages sales of new products, not second hand ones. So it could be that they are trying to boost their public profile as a marketplace for new products, rather than doing badly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    They must be seeing competition from Amazon Marketplace (for direct sales) and with the like of Facebook marketplace and Shpock eating into their traditional second hand sector sale market.
    But surely eBay has been willingly and proactively diminishing the importance of the second hand market and promoting sales of new items at every opportunity (and these discount promotions continue that strategy). My impression is that eBay's management have decided that they want to banish their second hand tat (as some would see it) past and focus on a new, higher volume, bulk sales, new products future. I.e. They are seeking to move in on Amazon's marketplace, rather than losing business to it. At least that's my impression.

Newcomers like Shpock and all the others are, as far as I can see so far, unimportant. If they handle primarily second hand goods then that's fine as far as eBay is concerned. If eBay wants a share of that market then they can just buy one of the companies! See also Gumtree, of course.

In brief, it seems to me that eBay have lost interest in the second hand market and only wish to play in that market via subsidiaries. For eBay it's all about mass market volume sales of new product, i.e. a plan to eat Amazon's lunch just as Amazon senior management is seemingly focussing on cloud computing.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 2nd October 2019 at 12:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    But surely eBay has been willingly and proactively diminishing the importance of the second hand market and promoting sales of new items at every opportunity (and these discount promotions continue that strategy). My impression is that eBay's management have decided that they want to banish their second hand tat (as some would see it) past and focus on a new, higher volume, bulk sales, new products future. I.e. They are seeking to move in on Amazon's marketplace, rather than losing business to it. At least that's my impression.

Newcomers like Shpock and all the others are, as far as I can see so far, unimportant. If they handle primarily second hand goods then that's fine as as eBay is concerned. If eBay wants a share of that market then they can just buy one of the companies! See also Gumtree, of course.

In brief, seems to me that eBay have lost interest in the second hand market and only with to play their via subsidiaries. For eBay it's all about mass market volume sales of new product, i.e. a plan to eat Amazon's lunch just as Amazon senior management is seemingly focussing on cloud computing.
    Very astute summary imo

Newcomers like Shpock and all the others are, as far as I can see so far, unimportant. If they handle primarily second hand goods then that's fine as as eBay is concerned. If eBay wants a share of that market then they can just buy one of the companies! See also Gumtree, of course.

In brief, seems to me that eBay have lost interest in the second hand market and only with to play their via subsidiaries. For eBay it's all about mass market volume sales of new product, i.e. a plan to eat Amazon's lunch just as Amazon senior management is seemingly focussing on cloud computing.
    Absolutely, they long ago ditched the car boot sale moniker they were long associated with - even opened a retail store in London if memory serves. Aliexpress also must be a factor in this but just how many outlets can sell the same cheap Chinese tat at floor prices....

Which I see eBay trying to steer away from with having established retailers Currys, AO etc. to have a presence on their platform and offer discounts. Factor in fee and margins for the retailer and discounts being absorbed by eBay it does make me question if their market share and sales is starting to feel the pressure.

Competition is healthy that's for sure.

Newcomers like Shpock and all the others are, as far as I can see so far, unimportant. If they handle primarily second hand goods then that's fine as far as eBay is concerned. If eBay wants a share of that market then they can just buy one of the companies! See also Gumtree, of course.

In brief, it seems to me that eBay have lost interest in the second hand market and only wish to play in that market via subsidiaries. For eBay it's all about mass market volume sales of new product, i.e. a plan to eat Amazon's lunch just as Amazon senior management is seemingly focussing on cloud computing.
    Interesting. I can't understand why they keep doing £1 capped final value fees offers for private sellers though as that would only encourage the 2nd hand market and hit their profits?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    I can't understand why they keep doing £1 capped final value fees offers for private sellers though as that would only encourage the 2nd hand market and hit their profits?
    Good point. I don't know the answer exactly.

Note, however, that second hand sales won't damage their profits. They still do very well out of second hand sales (even with capped fees!) and the existence of second hand sales do not necessarily negatively impact sales of bulk new items.

It's just that from what I can see the real growth potential (and yes, even massive, mature companies like eBay still seek growth as that is usually how senior executives get noticed and rewarded) is, I think, from sales of mass market new products.

that this is a move away from their roots seems a good summation,

gumtree and Schpok seem to be almost car boot sale level now, (even marketed as such) so anything listed there seems is met with I'll buy it for a £5 mate if you're lucky, and not long before they become poundland for secondhand items

I hear, but can't be bothered to look at, how well facebook local (or whatever it's called) is doing - my daughter was asking how to send some trainers to someone in plymouth (200 miles away) who had seen the item on the local FB page

the fee structure of ebay is pushing out occasional SH sellers as I see it and is driving to be the digital shop front of a number of otherwise invisible businesses but all the while eroding their position too by insiting on Paypal as a payment method and moving more towards the amazon marketplace model

Blog Entries
    Another code: POPULAR20, 20% off, selected sellers, min spend £15, max discount £75, single use, ends 17/10/2019.
    Ts&Cs and list of sellers: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2019/tnua98/index.html

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Interesting. I can't understand why they keep doing £1 capped final value fees offers for private sellers though as that would only encourage the 2nd hand market and hit their profits?
    Isnt that more people who are normally buyers to also start selling on ebay?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    There doing private codes now, 10% off over 200 but look like a 1 fine use code on the app

Discount on all sellers (except usual categories) is back again. Doesn’t seem to be 10% off as usual but at 3 price points: -

£100, save £10
    £250, save £25
    £500, save £50

Code is PYRAMID

DAMN, missed out on the pristine code. Bloody typical.