closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christopher Ward opinions

Master
    I thought Roger Smith wore an explorer? Maybe the CW is for when the ERolex is n for a service. what does he where when the CW breaks as well? ;)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
    The CW website still has it as ‘pre-order for the end of October’
    Doh, good spot! I was reading a 5 month old review of the watch and stupidly assumed it’d be out by now.

How about the original Moonphase version. Anyone had any experience with that one?

Craftsman
    The C65 Classic was my first decent purchase a few years ago and I still like it. Not sure if I'll keep it forever but I'm happy with it for just now. I definitely feel a bit in the minority when I say that I don't mind the logo placement at 9 o'clock but, having said that, I don't have a logo at 12 as well.

I have to say I agree with others when they say to wait for the sales though as the discounts can be quite large, I got mine at 30% off.

The straps are decent quality as well

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy9 View Post
    Doh, good spot! I was reading a 5 month old review of the watch and stupidly assumed it’d be out by now.

How about the original Moonphase version. Anyone had any experience with that one?
    Yeah, I’m beginning to wonder what the hold up is

Journeyman
    It’s a stunner! Can’t wait to see what the 2nd hand price settles at. That’s probably when I’ll go for one.

I pick up this last week and I'm really impressed with it, the watch is sold and as for time keeping its one of the best
    I've got at 1 sec a day . Its a Trident C60 GMT

Master
    I like what they are doing. I like the effort they put into the watches. I think they are reasonably priced. I just don’t like their design. To each their own.

I’m fairly neutral to the brand. I like some of their designs, but in the past, I’ve always seemed to find a better option for each style I’m after in other manufacturers, especially since the CW prices increased.

What’s really killed it for me though, is reading the forum posts for people with problems with their watches. For example...guy buys a CW diver, swims with it after a couple of months owning it and it fogs up, returns it to CW to be told the watch was fine when sold therefore not covered under warranty. I don’t think CW realise how damaging this is to their brand, even if they reach an amicable solution in the end.

I'm super impressed with there 60 day free returns and 5 year warranty
    I don't know any other brand offering that

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    Offering a 5 year warranty is very different to honouring a 5 year warranty though. I’ve read too many stories of people trying to claim on warranty and CW saying that the watch met QC when out of the factory so it’s the customers problem to fix.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    I have a few CW watches, they have all been good quality at their price point. I preferred the original logo where the name was more discrete than in later changes. They should have left it with just the w inside the large C logo and no name.

That looks nice because it looks like it's inspiration, but generally I don't like their watches much.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    The terms of the “5 year warranty” seem to have been recently updated.

It appears to be the case that there is now a requirement to have the watch serviced after about 3-4 years for the initial warranty to be accepted as 5 years.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
    Really want to see one of these in the flesh, I'm astounded by the concept and I think it looks fantastic-I just worry it may look a bit plastic-fantastic in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I have to say that although I have had quite a few CWs since they started ,I have never really got to grips with any logo since the original.
    That said I actually do like this and have kept it!
    (I know it’s not everybody’s cup of tea)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beautiful watch. I was thinking between this and the C65 Trident Vintage Mk II. Decided to go with the latter because it's 38mm. Gorgeous watches and the logo isn't really that bad in real life. On the pictures everything seems magnified to show the details, so the logo is more visible in my opinion. I will probably buy another CW in the future.

Apprentice

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I've actually ordered one today. Interested to see how it is in the flesh. Agree the logo is in a strange position but I drive a Discovery 5 so it's the least of my problems!
    Hahaha! Gotchya. I am thinking of flipping my FFRR for one. and I just. Can't. Bring. Myself. To. It.

Also thinking of cashing out on the new C65 WorldTimer Enicar-lookalike. About time someone brought that look back!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Really want to see one of these in the flesh, I'm astounded by the concept and I think it looks fantastic-I just worry it may look a bit plastic-fantastic in real life.
    Did you end up seeing one? Curious to get your thoughts. I also want one, I think it's a lovely idea well executed.

More generally the logo thing doesn;t bother me about CW. So long as they are well-built and credit to them for doing something different. I do worry about the sales though.