closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio G shock 5000 series in Titanium....ooooh (apart from the price)

Casio G shock 5000 series in Titanium....ooooh (apart from the price)

Stumbled across the latest Casio announcement...5000 series G shock in titanium, matt black DLC coating and sapphire crystal...love it..shame about the price...looks like a Nov release in Asia to start

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/09/19/ca...b5000tb-watch/

https://www.g-central.com/gmw-b5000-titanium-edition/

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Looks lovely! But yeah the price!!

As a GW 5000 owner I absolutely get the stealth thing and the fact that virtually no one that you are likely to meet will have any understanding of what it is your wearing.

I love the concept of only you knowing what it is.

I think that this is great but am unlikely to pay this amount.

Master
    Only 14 000 GBP and 5-10 years waiting time ?

Sign me in !

It is a stunner for sure. Not a limited edition which is good news and hopefully if the price puts enough people off there will be examples to buy. We have had both extremes in the past two years with the DLC Porter selling out straight away and punters wanting 3 times list price on the secondary market, then we had the aged IP full metal which was limited to 300 watches in the UK and again, the £900 price point seems to be putting many off and you can still buy that at list price.

I will wait until I see one listed, but I'm assuming $1,300 will be around the £1,100 mark here - same list price as the Porter.

It was interesting this week watching the latest Gorillaz, with many being listed on e-bay straight away with a 100% mark up, but clearly G-Shock UK must have decent stocks as it is still available. I hope those who bought to make a quick buck are now stuck with their watches - serves them right.

Yes, I love the look of them but taking the stealth expensive G shock to the extreme..then again I lot of Joe public wouldn't recognise an analogue MRG G shock if they saw one (I used to have an MRG-7500 and the quality was superb). I'd like to see something like the GW-5000 in titanium with screwback with the soft rubber strap for a 'respectable' price...who knows, maybe this latest round of G shocks will lead to something like that...

It's that bracelet. Love it. This is almost an end game G, almost as not sure on the DLC. I reckon 'raw' Ti colour would have been nicer. One to see in real life. Though not a LE, i wonder if production will be limited somewhat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Only 14 000 GBP and 5-10 years waiting time ?
    Good grief man, it's not something as commonplace as a Rolex! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    It's that bracelet. Love it. This is almost an end game G, almost as not sure on the DLC. I reckon 'raw' Ti colour would have been nicer. One to see in real life. Though not a LE, i wonder if production will be limited somewhat.
    Agreed. Not a fan of the coating. Titanium though...big fan.

I'll try one of those when they first come up used on the SC, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Yep raw ti would have been better, a nice matt grey, would I pay that more for the ti version Vs the resin hmmmn not sure I would. Although the ratio of features to £ in comparison is pretty good if we hadn't already been spoiled with the resin version

Craftsman
    I like it, but...

£1500 !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    I like it, but...

£1500 !!!
    How much for a Seiko Casio? ;-)

Bracelet

One article says the bracelet is stainless steel not titanium?

Quote Originally Posted by shyewei View Post
    One article says the bracelet is stainless steel not titanium?
    Which article states that?