closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Doxa Sub 300T

Master

Doxa Sub 300T

I must admit that I am really taking a liking to a Doxa Sub. I have read about the history but never actually owned one.

I've scanned their site and really like the upcoming Sub 300T. I like the tapering bracelet. I tried to do some research but eventually ended up even more confused than before.

Apparently, this 300T, will be WR to 1200m, just like the 1200T, also judging by dimensions it will be the exact same case but will simply not house an HRV.

If so, will only the bracelet and bezel pip be different? I ceratinly prefer a lume filled pip rather than a black one.

I like the Professional, Sharkhunter and Caribbean. Many say a Doxa should be orange, but the blue hue of the Sharkhunter is really appealing.

Also, there seems to have been many other reissues of the Sub 300T?! Can someone please guide me through all this confusion? Thanks.

Craftsman

Lightbulb

Based on what i’ve read. I dont want to be involved with the company in any way.

Journeyman
    I also like the look of them but have read murmurings on forums about the way Doxa do things. Is anyone able to elaborate for the benefit of the uninformed?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    I must admit that I am really taking a liking to a Doxa Sub. I have read about the history but never actually owned one.

I've scanned their site and really like the upcoming Sub 300T. I like the tapering bracelet. I tried to do some research but eventually ended up even more confused than before.

Apparently, this 300T, will be WR to 1200m, just like the 1200T, also judging by dimensions it will be the exact same case but will simply not house an HRV.

If so, will only the bracelet and bezel pip be different? I ceratinly prefer a lume filled pip rather than a black one.

I like the Professional, Sharkhunter and Caribbean. Many say a Doxa should be orange, but the blue hue of the Sharkhunter is really appealing.

Also, there seems to have been many other reissues of the Sub 300T?! Can someone please guide me through all this confusion? Thanks.

Just buy the 50th Anniversary 300 Professional on SC. I have the same watch and love it.

The angst over Doxa, in the main, is their lack of customer service and their apparently haughty attitude to customers.

The watches themselves, IMO, are very good and I haven't had any problems with mine over the years.

300t reissue is a fantastic watch.
    Pavlov would be very happy to know that Pavlovian reflex is alive and well amongst watch lovers.
    Any mention of Doxa and some one will bring up the controversies on WUS, any mention of Panerai and out comes the Brooklyn Bridge saga, any mention of Omega and the talk turns to their multiple special editions, Rolex and it brings up marketing,ADs,stickers, hang tags etc.

Journeyman
    Just received my new Doxa 300t Sharkhunter and love it, but...…. it has the same issue that other buyers are reporting in that the bezel has a slight rock and slight lateral movement - under 1mm or (as we say in the north east of Scotland) just a ba' hair. No play in rotation. Seems Doxa have an issue with the new case - mine has already been returned under warranty and will see if anything can be done to cure the problem. If you are thinking of buying one I'd encourage you to email Doxa to ask what they are doing to solve the issue first - lets force their hand if they want sales!

Blog Entries

Doxa Sub 300T

Really like mine. Purchased a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Dirk Pitt wears a Doxa.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Really like mine. Purchased a couple of weeks ago.

How does the bezel fit? any lateral movement or slight rocking like mine and the others I have read about?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve27752 View Post
    Dirk Pitt wears a Doxa.
    That's why I have often fancied an orange dial version like his (Cussler's).

Not owned one so far.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Journeyman
    Doxa say the 'wobbly' bezels are because they have changed the method of fixing it - some sort of 'ball bearing' system, rather than the normal system they used until recently, and the lateral bezel movement and slight rocking is a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumcairn View Post
    Doxa say the 'wobbly' bezels are because they have changed the method of fixing it - some sort of 'ball bearing' system, rather than the normal system they used until recently, and the lateral bezel movement and slight rocking is a result.
    That would make sense as the earlier ones required a special tool to remove them.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Blog Entries

Doxa Sub 300T

Quote Originally Posted by Drumcairn View Post
    How does the bezel fit? any lateral movement or slight rocking like mine and the others I have read about?
    Yes if I pull the bezel up with a slight bit of force. Not a issue for me as the bezel turns crisply and accurately

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 16th January 2020 at 22:28.

Absolutely loving mine.

Accurate to 1 second per day, fit and finish is excellent.

Prefer it over the 300 50th anniversary.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Got to be orange! Especially if you have green eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just buy the 50th Anniversary 300 Professional on SC. I have the same watch and love it.

The angst over Doxa, in the main, is their lack of customer service and their apparently haughty attitude to customers.

The watches themselves, IMO, are very good and I haven't had any problems with mine over the years.
    I agree with all of this. Can’t speak about the 300 but I bought my Sub 1500t through Jura almost three years ago and absolutely love it...

Simon