closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Manchester T2

Craftsman

Manchester T2

Usual horrible experience . Ugly surly disinterested staff , queues for everything..
    Surely its possible to make the clowns running the bars and shops at this dump to staff them properly...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Staff probably paid peanuts and that is what you get for your money unfortunately in many cases imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    Surely its possible to make the clowns running the bars and shops at this dump to staff them properly...

Makes sense.

T2 security can be a particularly horrible experience.

Worst terminal I’ve been to in the UK. Terrible service and attitude. Security is a particularly fun experience :(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    Usual horrible experience . Ugly surly disinterested staff , queues for everything..

Why are you surprised ? Nobody questions it.

In every other are of the country you are innocent until proven guilty - in airports you are guilty until proven innocent.

Prisoners queue

You are an easy target for the moneygrabbing robber baron's of corporate Britain today so that you can subsidise their crazy, accountability free bonuses.

Put plainly - they don't need to make an effort so why bother.

B

Just book the 1903 lounge - it's very good. Also the Aspire ain't bad as it's cheaper.

The food in the 1903 and booze is top notch!

Master
    Got a right going over trying to get through security there last week, hopefully it’s a better experience in the morning.

Craftsman
    Manchester Airport is a joke - regardless of which terminal you use. But so are most UK airports - we just don't seem to be able to 'do them' very well at all. And, it has nothing to do with what you pay people as mentioned in an earlier post; that's just a lack of management, pride, care & training. I'm sure that the security, food & drink staff etc at Munich Airport (for example) aren't paid an awful lot more than their British based counterparts.

I've also found recently that paying extra to go into the 'lounges' means you are increasingly surrounded by the people that you went there to avoid in the first place.

Don't get me started on the pick-up/drop-off 'system'. The whole place is a shambles from getting off the M56 to getting back on it...

Master
    I was at T2 last night to pick someone up. It's all being re-built and it quite a faff to get to.

Once in the T2 pick up car park, there's no signs for how to get to the terminal - I met up with two other lost couples in the stairwell, all of us no idea where we were going. Together we figured out that we were completely in the wrong part of the bulding, going the wrong way. There's just no useful signage.

At Liverpool, you get 40 mins pick up for free. At Manchester it's £4.50 for 30 mins and £7 for an hour.

The T2 pick up car park is a good 5 minute temporary walk way to the terminal, so factor that in.

When driving out of the carpark, the single lane exit route through the carpark goes directly infront of the elevator bank where dozens of people spill out onto the road, and stop there with their suitcases causing car queues. Poorly designed.

All that said, when I've flown (all through T1 and T3), the terminal & security experience has been excellent - fast, no real issues considering the volume of people. They do a good job all things considered*. They found a small tupperware of thick greek yogurt I had packed on the scanner, confiscated it but returned the tupperware to me washed out and with an apology. Fair enough!

But the drop off / pick up situation really isn't customer friendly and very expensive.

*Schipol is the best - they have special scanners which require no undressing at all (even belts can be left on) and no need to remove anything from the bag.
    Last edited by ach5; 26th September 2019 at 14:31.