closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: In association with?

In association with?

What is your understanding of the above term?
    If I stated via advertising ( sign writing on van etc) my business was in association with another similar business what link would you assume?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tend to see it on firms that sub into bigger companies.
    'In association with Open Reach' etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Tend to see it on firms that sub into bigger companies.
    'In association with Open Reach' etc..
    so would you assume they were one of the same?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would assume the firm that's 'in association with' is smaller and therefore inferior to the larger company.

Or to put it another way, they are agents for the bigger firm.

I see it simply as two trading entities working together in some way, indicating that they bring together a wider capacity or set of capabilities, but without one owning the other.

Not perhaps subcontracting, but perhaps in more of a loose partnership but let's the customer know who would be likely to provide expertise or carry out work that might be beyond the scope of the primary supplier. It does not, to me, infer any hierarchy.

If, say, there were three workshops they may well be.

Dudley's vehicle repair in association with Eric's bodyshop and Fred's auto electricals, Eric's bodyshop in association with Dudley's vehicle repair and Fred's auto electricals and perhaps Fred's auto electrical in association with Dudley's vehicle repair, Eric's bodyshop and Louise's upholstery.

I would think maybe it was a big project and you had teamed up with the other company to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    What is your understanding of the above term?
    If I stated via advertising ( sign writing on van etc) my business was in association with another similar business what link would you assume?
    My understanding is that you perhaps work alongside or in alliance with this other company and obviously if it's something that is a household name, it increases the potential prowess.
    And I don't mean "Trotters Independent Trading Co" either

A bit like 'By appointment to HRH The Queen'.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    My understanding is that you perhaps work alongside or in alliance with this other company and obviously if it's something that is a household name, it increases the potential prowess.
    And I don't mean "Trotters Independent Trading Co" either

Theres an idea😁

In a nutshell I'm guessing that associations can be 2 companies associated with each other in any form. Either financially, doing work for, or by simply advertising a service of one through another. What I'm trying to ascertain which is very difficult to find out, are there any legal implications to an association?
    So a smaller newer business A is doing work for a more established business B
    Smaller business A advertises the larger company B on his website ( stating 'in association with B') Van etc. Smaller busines A has issues at some point which have nothing to do with B. Other than the fact that people can clearly see an association with the businesses is there any down sides to this?

When I sold 60% of the shares in my company to a larger organisation part of the deal was that we would remain and independent company - they would help fund expansion in return for 60% of the profits. They did however insist on the 'in association with' which I found irritating. I also found their constant interference even more irritating but that's another story. You don't see this on Dragons Den.

Needs must though. It was a relief to eventually buy the shares back and be free of this.

Sent from my SM-G970F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd be wary of putting your name up against somebody else's work Dudley. Hard to comment without actually knowing specifics but if it's known you're linked and the other firm start playing silly buggers, it'll impact you're good name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I'd be wary of putting your name up against somebody else's work Dudley. Hard to comment without actually knowing specifics but if it's known you're linked and the other firm start playing silly buggers, it'll impact you're good name.
    cheers Dave

Craftsman
    I’d assume you can’t stand on your own two feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    cheers Dave
    Thiss exactly - and in associuation with (a cock up could happen) mud sticks