closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest "Bond" Seamaster Professional

Master
    This is an abysmal effort, looks dated even before it has been released.

Master
    Good to see Omega’s B-team are keeping busy.

Master
    Saw this in the flesh today. Couldn’t get on with that gold plate engraved with LE number and “007” affixed to the side of the case. The hidden “50” on the 10 ‘o clock marker was a nice touch though. So was the red tip of the second hand. The presentation box and watch roll were also a good effort. The bracelet included with it was too loud for my liking. Fairly easy decision for me to let it go, apparently to ”the next in line”.

I dont understand...
    You can buy the exact same watch bond wears instead of this homage...

But then again snoopy speedmaster

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    I dont understand...
    You can buy the exact same watch bond wears instead of this homage...

But then again snoopy speedmaster

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk
    I’m sure half the people who buy these think its what Bond wears in the movie lol

Another second rate watch repeating the mistakes of its predecessors: skeleton hands, gripless bezel, pointless and actively dangerous secondary HEV crown, ugly rubber and selling whatever soul it had by becoming a marketing gimmick to the Bond franchise.

I'll pass.

Oh yes, over priced.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    I will stick with the old Blue Seamaster love it, like the new one but don’t think I going to look for one.

Blog Entries
    Hmm.. Omega by Invicta.

Bond watches in general I don’t understand why they don’t take a current lineup watch, make a couple of tasteful changes eg gold hands and the ‘7’ font.

Then get it used in the current film and make that the one you can buy exactly the same but in limited numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Another second rate watch repeating the mistakes of its predecessors: skeleton hands, gripless bezel, pointless and actively dangerous secondary HEV crown, ugly rubber and selling whatever soul it had by becoming a marketing gimmick to the Bond franchise.

I'll pass.

Oh yes, over priced.
    So not all bad then?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    I think the dial effect is rather cool.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The limited edition plaque ruins it. Completely brands it as a gimmick. Makes it nearly as bad as that seamaster a few year ago with 007 on the face!

Remember the daft one with “007” on the seconds hand? It read as “LOO” for half of every minute.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Saw this in the flesh today. Couldn’t get on with that gold plate engraved with LE number and “007” affixed to the side of the case. The hidden “50” on the 10 ‘o clock marker was a nice touch though. So was the red tip of the second hand. The presentation box and watch roll were also a good effort. The bracelet included with it was too loud for my liking. Fairly easy decision for me to let it go, apparently to ”the next in line”.

All sold at OB Manchester ...allocation of x 7.
    I walked away from the Apollo 11 but will take this , seems I would be in the minority on this forum.
    Hey you like what you like I guess and for me the look appeals.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    All sold at OB Manchester ...allocation of x 7.
    I walked away from the Apollo 11 but will take this , seems I would be in the minority on this forum.
    Hey you like what you like I guess and for me the look appeals.
    The OB I saw this at told me they had sold 3 on day one and 1 on day two (the day I visited). The sales lady did not seem disappointed at all that I wasn’t buying it because apparently there was a queue. So you may be in the minority here but not in the real world. While I’m not a fan of this Bond Seamaster, to me, from an aesthetic PoV it is no where near that Ploprof monstrosity which some people actually wear! As you say, different things appeal to different people.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    The OB I saw this at told me they had sold 3 on day one and 1 on day two (the day I visited). The sales lady did not seem disappointed at all that I wasn’t buying it because apparently there was a queue. So you may be in the minority here but not in the real world. While I’m not a fan of this Bond Seamaster, to me, from an aesthetic PoV it is no where near that Ploprof monstrosity which some people actually wear! As you say, different things appeal to different people.
    Tastes in the real world can differ from the MX5 and slow worm inter web reality! As we often see. At the range Friday and a member was wearing a two tone black dial Sub, not very popular online but a stunning watch in real life.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Another second rate watch repeating the mistakes of its predecessors: skeleton hands, gripless bezel, pointless and actively dangerous secondary HEV crown, ugly rubber
    Agree about the bezel. I find it difficult enough to operate with dry hands; I'd hate to use it with wet fingers. But what is dangerous about the HEV?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th September 2019 at 16:13.

Master
    I’m a big fan of the new Seamasters, especially the grey dial version, but I can’t imagine why you’d go for one of these over the standard versions, especially given the price premium.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I’m a big fan of the new Seamasters, especially the grey dial version, but I can’t imagine why you’d go for one of these over the standard versions, especially given the price premium.
    I had paid for the blue dial version and was due to pick up last Friday.
    Received an email from a Omega and I rang the OB and requested to move my money.
    I prefer the look of the Bond regardless of the dubious link with the franchise.
    Notwithstanding you also get an additional bracelet which negates a part of the £1250 premium.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    Notwithstanding you also get an additional bracelet which negates a part of the £1250 premium.
    Didn’t realise that. That does make it somewhat less cheeky.

Master
    That £1250 gap will narrow following the 1st October price increase of ~5%. I was told the Bond Seamaster will stay at the current price as it just came out.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Didn’t realise that. That does make it somewhat less cheeky.
    I presume though it has 007 on the clasp :(

Craftsman
    “Hands-on – Live Impressions on the New Omega Seamaster Diver 300M James Bond” via @watchville

https://monochrome-watches.com/first...0m-james-bond/

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    An Omega 50th anniversary watch for a movie where Bond wore a Rolex. Erm ok then.
    I completely agree it makes no sense!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Loose the Bond dial and plaque and it would be an attractive piece IMO. Is there anything in the Omega lineup that's similar?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Should have stopped at the gun barrel and coat of arms. The gold details take it over the top in a bad way IMO.

I'll pass, although my local OB has filled his allocation.

Craftsman
    Um
    Looked ok in the omega pictures but in the monocrome
    ones i guess you get more reality
    The dial is mesmerising
    Just keep looking at it and it puts you in a trance
    I am 007 i am 007 i am 007
    Then snap out of it back in the room
    REALITY
    Yuk Yuk as the song goes don’t believe the hype
    Glad i said no
    Or was that Doctor no

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Five letters starting with S. Rhymes with bright.

Sight ?

or Spooners version of shiny bright ?

B

I’m holding until they release one with James Bond figure on the dial with moving hands. Or legs, or all four if it’s a chronometer.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I’m holding until they release one with James Bond figure on the dial with moving hands. Or legs, or all four if it’s a chronometer.
    LOL

Journeyman
    I was offered one of these yesterday by my local AD. I think I prefer the box to the watch lol.

Master
    Paul, that is truly awful. I wouldn’t wear it in a dung fight.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Paul, that is truly awful. I wouldn’t wear it in a dung fight.
    There's a guy on ebay trying to sell one for £10,000 lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.woolrich View Post
    There's a guy on ebay trying to sell one for £10,000 lol

He’ll be disappointed then. It’s a mad world indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by paul.woolrich View Post
    I was offered one of these yesterday by my local AD. I think I prefer the box to the watch lol.

Oh, that's tasteful. Really well done. I mean, it's absolutely timeless and understated.

*thinks*

I could be wrong.

*realises*

Yes, I am. It looks like something that might have been supplied free with Eagle comic.

Master
    If they’d just stuck to the “rifled” dial it wouldn’t be too bad. A bit like when then did the 007 dial.

The “coat of arms” is an absolute mess and the gold hands really don’t help.

I haven’t seen a picture of the plaque on the side, but I can’t imagine that helps at all either.

Craftsman
    The watch that it's based on is one that I really like, but all of the Bond additions are just too much. The coat of arms is definitely a step too far!

If I was given one of these as a gift, I wouldn’t even bother getting it out of the box to try on. What are Omega thinking? it’s absolutely hideous - and the price is frankly hilarious. As others have pointed out, the original version had enough issues with the awful bezel and hev - amazed they still continue with this line at all tbh

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Omega knows the market and they are catering for those who like to wear shoes with a compass in the heel.
    You say that like it’s wrong.
    Every kid in my school wanted a pair of those but most of our parents couldn’t afford them.
    I would rather have the shoes than the watch.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    You say that like it’s wrong.
    Every kid in my school wanted a pair of those but most of our parents couldn’t afford them.
    I would rather have the shoes than the watch.
    Ah, I remember them well, Wayfinders they were called. Why would you keep a compass in the heel of your shoe, a silly idea, but as a 10 yr old I wanted some and a few kids at school had them. I had weak feet as a kid so I had to wear strong shoes, Start-Rites if I remember rightly, and they looked totally uncool compared to what the other kids wore.

Craftsman
    I quite like it but wouldnt buy one.

I think its one for the collectors who stash it away rather than wear it.

Craftsman
    I was allowed to look at but not touch one yesterday.

Bit of a marmite watch, but fun nonetheless

Master
    I sort of like bits of it, but overall it is far too much. They always do something to the dial. Before they have done the 'Aston grill' and the 007 watermark across it, the gun barrel rifling seems better than those. The crest at 12 and the hidden 50 seem too much to me but as said, I guess most will be added to collections and rarely worn.

Latest "Bond" Seamaster Professional

I’ve been contemplating the non-Bond version of this for a little while. I think it’s lovely, if a little bit blingy on the bracelet.

However, I said earlier on this thread that I didn’t like this latest Bond iteration but I’m not the type to be scared to admit I’m wrong, should that rare event ever happen. Which is a good thing really, as I’ve now been able to see one of these in the metal, that another customer has been waiting for. Oh dear, I was wrong! Not only do I dislike it, it’s actually made me question the whole Seamaster Pro thing completely.

You see, taking out the dubious (occasionally hideous) aesthetics of the special edition, it’s the price of the thing. It really is an expensive watch but then again, so is the rest of the range. I hadn’t really acknowledged just how much they’ve gone up in recent years. This watch has single handedly made me crystal clear on the matter! I’ve loved Omegas for years. They’ve been significant purchases both financially and emotionally. I want to expand my collection with a diver but for now I’ll give it a miss. Sales Corner will be scoured at some point, when I’m ready to scratch the itch again.

On the plus side, the funds I’d just about scraped together will easily cover a very nice Tudor that I’ve had my eye on

Last edited by NCC66; 14th October 2019 at 00:13.

Master
    I don’t know why Omega don’t just design a nice dial variation for each Bond film without the cheesy crap. Get Bond to wear it in the film and then just make reference to it in the paperwork and maybe on the back if it just said “Skyfall - 234 out of 50,000,000 Ltd edition”

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    I’ve been contemplating the non-Bond version of this for a little while. I think it’s lovely, if a little bit blingy on the bracelet.

However, I said earlier on this thread that I didn’t like this latest Bond iteration but I’m not the type to be scared to admit I’m wrong, should that rare event ever happen. Which is a good thing really, as I’ve now been able to see one of these in the metal, that another customer has been waiting for. Oh dear, I was wrong! Not only do I dislike it, it’s actually made me question the whole Seamaster Pro thing completely.

On the plus side, the funds I’d just about scraped together will easily cover a very nice Tudor that I’ve had my eye on

My thought process has proven to be as yours but in reverse.
    I was going to add a Tudor S&G to my collection and had tried on several times.
    After purchasing an Omega Speedmaster Racing white dial (switching my money from an Apollo 11 which I didn’t like) my eye was drawn to the Seamaster.
    Tried on all iterations and was taken by just how well built they are and in my opinion a step up in quality from Tudor.
    Sooo put down a deposit on the blue dial on the bracelet with a FOC rubber strap negotiated.
    Not 2 days later received email from Omega with details of the Bond Seamaster.
    Liked it and rang OB to switch money over!
    And I will wear it when it arrives .....too old now to let it sit in the box.
    My recent and last flurry of watch purchases for a while have been for my 60th.
    Goes to show how tastes within the WiS community are wide and varied although it would seem from this thread at least I have poor taste

Last edited by Stegeorgy; 14th October 2019 at 08:17.

“Bezants!”

Master
    I’m glad you like it, and even more pleased that you will wear it!

You’re completely right about the difference in people’s taste, how dull it would be if we all liked the same things.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    “Bezants!”
    Yep like to think with age whilst “taste” is subjective, I am really not too bothered to “follow the crowd”