closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking - Bristol tomorrow

Master

Parking - Bristol tomorrow

Slightly short notice but I'm slightly staggered at the cost of parking in Bristol for a day. NCP Broadmead want nearly £25! The Galleries doesn't open until 10.
    Any suggestions out there from the locals?
    I need to be parked by 8.30 and away between 5 and 6. I can't get a train to Bristol at that time and the park and ride is going to add too much to the journey and doesn't operate at that time anyway
    Seems a hell of a way to attract people in.
    Thanks
    David

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Slightly short notice but I'm slightly staggered at the cost of parking in Bristol for a day. NCP Broadmead want nearly £25! The Galleries doesn't open until 10.
    Any suggestions out there from the locals?
    I need to be parked by 8.30 and away between 5 and 6. I can't get a train to Bristol at that time and the park and ride is going to add too much to the journey and doesn't operate at that time anyway
    Seems a hell of a way to attract people in.
    Thanks
    David
    I’m not 100% sure, but I think on street parking is free on sundays?
    If not, there’s the car park opposite St Mary Redcliffs ( which is closer to TM anyway) and would most certainly be cheaper

Master
    Yep. On street is free on Sundays. The trick is finding somewhere which isn't residents permit only. I go into town about Ince a week and almoat always have success in hotwells. There is a small free car park for 6 cars for a 3 hour period, and then about 7 or 8 on street paid spaces, which are free on Sundays. I punched my reg I to the ticket machine in a Sunday and the ticket stated midnight return.

Weather is looking fairly good tomorrow, so while it's a 35 minute walk to the centre, it's straight along the waterside so very pleasant.

Master
    Thanks for that. I won't really have time to be searching for a spot; I've found a space at the mercure hotel for 6.50 for the day though just park. Seems the best option. Just got to work out how to get there, one way streets aren't playing ball!

Master
    There's a car park next to the Grand Hotel, where I used to stay when I was visiting. Pretty sure it wasn't only for guests:

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...origin=mercure

Never used this site but might be of use:

https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/...g=201910052330

Master
    Thanks for that. I won't really have time to be searching for a spot; I've found a space at the mercure hotel for 6.50 for the day though just park. Seems the best option. Just got to work out how to get there, one way streets aren't playing ball!

Is that the Mercure Grand that I was posting just as you did?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbed View Post
    I’m not 100% sure, but I think on street parking is free on sundays?
    If not, there’s the car park opposite St Mary Redcliffs ( which is closer to TM anyway) and would most certainly be cheaper
    The car park is called the St Mary Redcliffe Car Park despite being on the other side of a major road (Redcliffe Way) set the satnav for Portwall Lane. The Grove car park by Queen Square is also fairly close. If youre arriving early either of these should have spaces.

I use Just Park for cheaper parking in Bristol - the bargains are a bit random, but it's not a cheap place to park at the best of times.

Edit - Looking at the JustPark app, you can get a day at the Mercure Grand (Broad Street) for under a tenner. Its very central

Re-edit - I see you found it! (as I was typing this)
    Last edited by Bristolian; 5th October 2019 at 21:20.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Is that the Mercure Grand that I was posting just as you did?
    Yes, same place

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Frogmore Street?

Master
    Sorted now, thanks all. I'm glad its going to be quietish as it would be a bitch to find in rush hour!

Master
    Sorted now, thanks all. I'm glad its going to be quietish as it would be a bitch to find in rush hour!
    I used to have an easy route in from the M32 but, as I think you suggested, they've changed some of the one ways!

Master
    https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/...g=201910060000

Always use this place - it's OK

B