closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling Gold Sovereigns and gold jewellery

Master

Selling Gold Sovereigns and gold jewellery

Hi All

Can anyone recommend reputable traders of gold sovereigns. I have some sell from the 1800 and 1900, one is an 1871 Coin of the Year which I am told is collectable??

I also have some general gold rings, chains where could I ofoad these? I know there are the usual advertisers online but would prefer a recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    Hi All

Can anyone recommend reputable traders of gold sovereigns. I have some sell from the 1800 and 1900, one is an 1871 Coin of the Year which I am told is collectable??

I also have some general gold rings, chains where could I ofoad these? I know there are the usual advertisers online but would prefer a recommendation.

Thanks in advance.
    Try sales corner

Blog Entries
    Hi All

Thanks in advance.
    Gold has often been offered and sold here on Sales Corner, and at least here you have a reasonable idea of the folk you are dealing with. Frankly your chances of a successful sale depend mostly on the prices you are asking, as it is with watches and other stuff.

Seconded SC.

Decent time to unload too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Could be interested in sovereigns if you want to sell.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Could be interested in sovereigns if you want to sell.
    Will send you a DM with what I have this evening :)

all a bit cloak and dagger - some good gold buyers on the forum - why not list them?

Hi All

Thanks in advance.

I live near Chards bullion dealers (Highfield Rd Blackpool). They are good and pay going price. Worth phoning them for a quote. Once you have a quote check around any local auction rooms as they will often pay same price so you know you are getting a fair deal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    all a bit cloak and dagger - some good gold buyers on the forum - why not list them?
    Nothing cloak and dagger at all. Don't really know what I am selling, so at a bit of a loss how to price them, so asked for a bit of advice on forum.

Will happily take some pics and list them on the SC on the good advice from the folks here. Donation to the fundraiser of course 😀

Blog Entries
    Nothing cloak and dagger at all. Don't really know what I am selling, so at a bit of a loss how to price them, so asked for a bit of advice on forum.

Will happily take some pics and list them on the SC on the good advice from the folks here. Donation to the fundraiser of course 
    I will happily buy gold to tuck away, it all depends on the price!

Craftsman

GOLD

My Mrs alway's used a firm called HOW cash for gold, I know at the time they were paying more than most and were reliable and quick to pay, as said gold is at a pretty good price at the moment. http://howcashforgold.co.uk/ Have a look on the site there is an online calculator so at least you could get an idea of what your's is worth if you know what carat you have and some pretty sensitive scales

Blog Entries

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    I live near Chards bullion dealers (Highfield Rd Blackpool). They are good and pay going price. Worth phoning them for a quote. Once you have a quote check around any local auction rooms as they will often pay same price so you know you are getting a fair deal.
    Re. Chard's.

According to their website (scroll down to rare coins), if you have a rare and valuable coin and do not inform them then they will assume that it's just a bullion coin and pay out on that basis.

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/sell-gold-sovereigns/134

atkinsons for the normal coins but not collectables, scrap gold
    https://atkinsonsbullion.com/help-advice/sell-to-us

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    atkinsons for the normal coins but not collectables, scrap gold
    https://atkinsonsbullion.com/help-advice/sell-to-us
    Yes, I should have qualified my advice above to use Hatton Garden Metals to say that they are suitable only for bullion. For anything collectible, I think I'd probably go to Chards (but I should also caution that I have no experience with collectible gold coins).