closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC

Craftsman

SOTC

My first proper watch was a midsize Omega Seamaster automatic. A great robust watch. I kept it for about 4 years before wanting to sell it to put towards a Rolex

My first Rolex was a 36MM Explorer 1. After the chunkiness of the Omega I found the Rolex a bit light and delicate.
    So after about a year I sold it and bought a Submariner. It wasn’t a big decision between date and no date. I always preferred the clean lines of the no date. I ended up buying one privately on Ebay -no papers. Bit of a risky move but I ended up getting it serviced at Rolex months later without any hitch.

Happy with the Rolex I next set my eyes on a Daytona. Having the Sub, the white dial was an easy choice so I got the white dial Daytona. I realised after purchase it’s one of the early P series dating from 2001. This means it has the thinner hands which I must admit in poor light it’s a bit of a challenge reading the time. Loved the newer bracelet and clasp compared to the Sub.

So two Rolexes owned now I cast my eyes over the rest of the range. I decided my next and final purchase would be a Pepsi GMT Master. Choice for me was between the 16710 and 16700. I decided on the later with it’s quick set date function and rarity compared to its brother. The one I received came with its original black dial so it was straight off to Rolex for a Pepsi bezel. I have kept the original black one. Compared to the Sub the Pepsi really pops. A lovely watch and the only of the 3 Rolex that has the useful date function. At some point in the watches past the hour and minute hand have been replaced with Superluminova. The second and 24 hand still appear original as well as the dial.

So onto my final model. I felt I had enough Rolex my only desire now was for something blue dial. I looked at Tudor Subs but realised I wanted something more upmarket so cast my eyes on the latest VC Overseas. Top craftmanship, rarity and a choice of 3 straps , what’s not to like? I managed to get a good deal on a 2 year old full set privately. The VC feels heavier and more robust than the Rolex. Wears a little big at 41mm but overall very happy with it. Although I am obsessed with watches I feel the four pieces I have now have put closure to any more purchases and I don’t intend on selling them either
    Last edited by mhurley; 23rd September 2019 at 10:27.

Master
    nicely done!

Nicely balanced 3 Rolex collection there!

Master
    Thats pretty much the perfect and iconic collection of Rolex watches right there! Well done. Is the VC your daily wearer? Its the only one with a wrist shot ;)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Thats pretty much the perfect and iconic collection of Rolex watches right there! Well done. Is the VC your daily wearer? Its the only one with a wrist shot ;)

I do rotate :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THey all look nice, but the VC looks a little bit special.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Very nice.

A lasting regret of mine is selling my white Daytona, despite the poor legibility.

If the arse ever falls out of the market I’ll replace it.

Craftsman
    Very nice, the VC is special, no matter how many times I see one in here it gets the purchase pulse going, albeit it would need to be pre-owned as residuals are tough to sustain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk