closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thomas Cook - anybody else stranded?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    The fact that the business went tits up suggests that the numbers they were being judged against weren't appropriate.
    No! To employ me you offer a contract that says I get xxx salary and if the turnover increases by 10% I get paid xx bonus there is nothing wrong with that, suppliers get paid for what they supply, it doesn’t change with business performance

The banks made this type of gearing acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    No! To employ me you offer a contract that says I get xxx salary and if the turnover increases by 10% I get paid xx bonus there is nothing wrong with that, suppliers get paid for what they supply, it doesn’t change with business performance

The banks made this type of gearing acceptable.
    Well it shouldn't be based solely on turnover but on business performance. They're paid to manage the company, something they obviously didn't do very effectively.

Well it shouldn't be based solely on turnover but on business performance. They're paid to manage the company, something they obviously didn't do very effectively.
    No!! There remuneration is based on their contract, managing the business is only part of it, look at all the bonuses that were paid to managers of loss making banks 10 years ago

No!! There remuneration is based on their contract, managing the business is only part of it, look at all the bonuses that were paid to managers of loss making banks 10 years ago
    Yes!! Their remuneration is based on their contract but that is my point - the figures and criteria (whatever they were) in the contract were clearly not fit for purpose (as they wouldn't have been for loss-making banks).

What is managing the business part of? - ultimately to provide value to the shareholders. Again, a fail at this too.

Yes!! Their remuneration is based on their contract but that is my point - the figures and criteria (whatever they were) in the contract were clearly not fit for purpose (as they wouldn't have been for loss-making banks).

What is managing the business part of? - ultimately to provide value to the shareholders. Again, a fail at this too.
    As I said earlier I know one of the previous CEOs and don’t think she did anything wrong, using the scenario that you need to entice in a new CEO to a loss making company, how would you do it.

As I said earlier I know one of the previous CEOs and don’t think she did anything wrong, using the scenario that you need to entice in a new CEO to a loss making company, how would you do it.
    She's not going to put her hands up is she?

Not my area of expertise but I'd have thought that enticing them in with higher rewarding business profitability targets (rather than turnover) should be a given. May well reduce potential suitors but should help sort the wheat from the chaff.

She's not going to put her hands up is she?

Not my area of expertise but I'd have thought that enticing them in with higher rewarding business profitability targets (rather than turnover) should be a given. May well reduce potential suitors but should help sort the wheat from the chaff.
    You mean like IBM did with her, and it’s doing very well?

Your not appreciating that someone has to run a company whatever it’s financial position, and be paid to do it

You mean like IBM did with her, and it’s doing very well?

Your not appreciating that someone has to run a company whatever it’s financial position, and be paid to do it
    Being paid for it is one thing, being bonused while it is spectacularly losing money is another.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Being paid for it is one thing, being bonused while it is spectacularly losing money is another.
    Seems to work for most.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Ok I have read through this I have just done of the repatriation flights on a Boeing-777-300 and this so called Dunkirk spirit well it certainly wasn't present there were horrendous ugly scenes as I requested an upload of fuel for return flight home I had to use a megaphone to get some semblance of order there were 2 Thomas Cook reps who God blees them,tried to create some sort of boarding process.There were at least 6 scuffles the language was atrocious with very Young children present oh and glad to see the BBC,(Biased Broadcasting Corporation) present to report the reality in many of these resorts.Dunkirk spirit My arse.I genuinely felt sorry for all concerned but the base level of behaviour showed true English spirit.
    Forgot to mention one of the more serious ramifications of people being stranded is that some are running out of medication We carried a load of diabetic and other meds for people running desperately low really worrying for all concerned.
    Last edited by Boeingdriver; 28th September 2019 at 19:50.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver View Post
    Ok I have read through this I have just done of the repatriation flights on a Boeing-777-300 and this so called Dunkirk spirit well it certainly wasn't present there were horrendous ugly scenes as I requested an upload of fuel for return flight home I had to use a megaphone to get some semblance of order there were 2 Thomas Cook reps who God blees them,tried to create some sort of boarding process.There were at least 6 scuffles the language was atrocious with very Young children present oh and glad to see the BBC,(Biased Broadcasting Corporation) present to report the reality in many of these resorts.Dunkirk spirit My arse.I genuinely felt sorry for all concerned but the base level of behaviour showed true English spirit.
    Forgot to mention one of the more serious ramifications of people being stranded is that some are running out of medication We carried a load of diabetic and other meds for people running desperately low really worrying for all concerned.
    Interesting. Obviously you would have the benefit of first-hand experience from the sharp end. But what you have reported here is in total contrast to ours. Where was the flight from?

Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver View Post
    You wot m8?!

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master

Thomas Cook - anybody else stranded?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Interesting. Obviously you would have the benefit of first-hand experience from the sharp end. But what you have reported here is in total contrast to ours. Where was the flight from?
    Would it be inappropriate to presume a somewhat more “mainstream” destination than Malta...?

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    You wot m8?!

Eeeeeeee

Drunken female thug forced a pilot to divert a Thomas Cook flight in 'terrifying' two-hour air rage rampage in which she pulled down her underwear and pushed cabin crew toward plane door

LINK INNIT
    Fas est ab hoste doceri