closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prince - Cream

Prince - Cream

Since his death, one vaguely good thing is that Prince videos have appeared on YouTube. Over the years, one consistent factor is that Prince performing live puts a big smile on my face; this performance doesn't disappoint in that regard.

One of my faves. Love the cheek he has.
    The man is a god to me. I cried all day and night when he died.
    I assume you've seen this from the same gig?

And this...talk about showing off!

And here is the story behind it...and that guitar throw!
    https://www.guitarplayer.com/players...tly-weeps-solo

Glad I'm not the only one still mourning his loss!

Yup a genuine one of a kind legend.

The early 80's Dirty Mind Album made quite an impression.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd September 2019 at 07:19.

Master
    Diamonds and pearls is my favourite Prince album. Never heard anyone else with the same view lol.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

My hero

Vastly underrated easily in top 10 guitarists of all time and vocals incredible.

Lucky to have seen him at 02 he was 2 hours late haha but staggering performance

While My Guitar Gently Weeps .....performance sensational..

Master
    Blog Entries
    I want to like it,to me it’s soulless the guitar solo on my guitar gently weeps just makes me want hear the original again.

I saw him in the 80s at Wembley Arena, the stage was a rotating circle. Purple Rain era. I thought he was astonishing, loved it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I saw him in the 80s at Wembley Arena, the stage was a rotating circle. Purple Rain era. I thought he was astonishing, loved it.
    I was at one of the Wembley gigs on that tour too
    I was lucky enough to see him twice after that - absolutely fantastic showman
    Always reliable for a late encore after a lot of the crowd had left

Craftsman

This has to be one of the best performances ever. The man is at his pinnacle, makes it look effortless, is having a fantastic time doing what he loves and transfers this to the audience. Hes doing this for himself, not money, not fame, just himself, getting the audience going and feeding off their enthusiasm.

Then theres his outfit and moves. Couldnt be more prince.
    The band are TIGHT, the dancers are amazing and his guitar chops are unreal. His voice is on point. The whole thing is insane. it does not stop for the entire performance.

I wish i saw this live.
    Last edited by Wilson_smyth; 23rd September 2019 at 17:12.

Craftsman
    Without doubt the best live performer I have ever seen and I have been to over a thousand gigs over the last 35 years. I saw him about ten to twelve times at a variety of venues large and small, from The O2 and Wembley arena down to Bagleys Warehouse in Kings Cross and The Roundhouse (on his Hit and Run tour in 2014 where he turned up and played at small venues at next to no notice, this was the last time gig of his that I went to).

His live performances were very different from his recorded output, sometimes rockier, sometimes quite jazzy but always with plenty of funk and soul. He always had very good bands, really tight, who knew his stuff inside out. In the later years I got the impression that set lists were pretty loose (particularly during his long run at the O2) and that the band would have to go with whatever direction that he wanted to go in.
    Last edited by smoz; 23rd September 2019 at 22:00. Reason: typos

Craftsman
    The best gig I’ve ever been to was Prince at Main Road 1992 for the Diamonds and Pearl tour, I’ve been to loads of gigs since and nothing compares. He’s one of the best artists/musicians to walk the planet, he was truly talented.

Not really a fan but I do have Cream in my playlist in the car and I really enjoyed the videos.

Blog Entries
    About 'When my guitar...': one of the comments under the video tells the story about the fact that Prince wasn't on Rolling Stone Magazine's top-100 best guitar players. His performance here was his answer.

Menno

I have not been able to watch him since the Spitting Image puppet of him appeared on the screen when I was a youngster.
    Still gives me shudders now!

Some great iconic music though.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    About 'When my guitar...': one of the comments under the video tells the story about the fact that Prince wasn't on Rolling Stone Magazine's top-100 best guitar players. His performance here was his answer.
    Interesting - I've always been amazed by how he completely steals the show (not necessarily to anyone's unhappiness), and that explains quite a bit. Just brilliant.

I've always admired Prince and can see he's a great talent, but oddly I've never bought any of his stuff.

Shame he's not still around though, a prolific and talented performer and there are too few of those around.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?