closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sky Go, my Imac and no sound !!

Sky Go, my Imac and no sound !!

Knowledge pool dwellers....

I recently acquired a new large TV and prior to that I'd watched Sky F1 HD on the Imac (with the Sky Go app) without issue.
    I was faintly aware that a HDMI lead from the Thunderbolt out put on the mac would pipe sound and vision to the closely located TV.
    Well. it's not being as straightforward as I'd hoped it would be.
    I get the moving pics on the TV, no problem, but the sound will come through from one session but not the next. The HDMI is plugged into socket 1 (ARC) on the TV ( I have tried all 3) and the sound output, I've ticked the right boxes on the mac with regards to sound output and sometimes it'll work and then the next, it wont ?

Can anybody offer any advice or pointer to a solution please ??

Cheers

Silly question, but could it be the cable? Loose connection somewhere?

Master
    Cable or sockets, some sockets are a bit frail.

Thanks guys, the TV is brand new, the HDMI to thunderbolt cable is also fresh as a daisy and I've never used the iMac ports before so they're crisp n clean too...

I've come across a bit of a work around which if I can go direct, I'd be happier.
    I never mentioned', cos I never thought it important, that I have a surround sound system that gets its feed from the headphone outlet on the TV thus which when watching TV alone, works a treat.
    I wanted to just have the Sky Go feed from Imac via HDMI to the TV to do just the same and that's what wasn't happening.
    I removed the 3.5mm headphone plug from the TV and put it into the Imac headphone output and BINGO ! I've now got Sky Go sound thru the surround system.
    I'd rather not have the audio lead from the mac because I've got to remove it when I want to watch TV with surround sound....

So...after all that, if anybody has any further pointers, I'll gladly receive them

Cheers

check your sound prefs, look at the sound output from your iMac, go to sys pref, sound and output, your HDMI connection should show here

Quote Originally Posted by hawkit View Post
    check your sound prefs, look at the sound output from your iMac, go to sys pref, sound and output, your HDMI connection should show here
    Yeah, thanks, I've done that AND in the Audio MIDI set up too...

Master
    I do the same but using Apple TV to cast it and had the same problem.

The only way I can get the sound to work on the tv is to connect the Mac before I open the sky app might be worth trying.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by golf View Post
    I do the same but using Apple TV to cast it and had the same problem.

The only way I can get the sound to work on the tv is to connect the Mac before I open the sky app might be worth trying.
    I connect my MBP to HDMI, then open the app and it works fine. If the app/content is already running and you connect the sound it plays through the MBP speakers.

Thanks guys, I'll give that a go and report back

Cheers