closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Colour 3-in-1 Laser Printer Recommendations

Colour 3-in-1 Laser Printer Recommendations

I know that there have been other threads on the subject, but not specifically on laser printers and tech changes so quickly.

Our HP inkjet printer has packed in after five years of fairly steady use, with a printhead failure. I'm now looking at going laser and I need a replacement fairly urgently due to homework being print-for-yourself these days. Primary use is for A4 documents, photograph quality doesn't have to be amazing but homework passable.

It needs to be a three-in-one, print double-sided and wireless. Budget up to about £300.

Anybody had good or bad experiences?

Craftsman
    We ditched inkjet last year and went for HP Pro MPF M277dw It does all you are looking for and I would recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    We ditched inkjet last year and went for HP Pro MPF M277dw It does all you are looking for and I would recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I’m on my 3rd one of these. That sounds like it’s unreliable, but it’s certainly not. Mine does a lot of printing every day (about 250 pages) and they’ve lasted years each. Have a 4th already bought for the inevitable day the current one passes into the next printer life.

Thanks for the endorsements. That exact model doesn't seem to be still available but it looks very similar to the MFP M281fdw or M377dw. The latter appears to come with almost double the capacity of the initially supplied cartridges.

Brother DCP-L3550CDW

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t rule out ink-jets. Models with tanks are as cheap to run as lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I would agree with this especially as the "cheap" lasers often have ruinous toner costs so can be hard to make a case for. There are "open box" colour lasers at Printerland that can be very cheap so for occasional printing are a great bet (there was a non-3 in 1 Lexmark coloour laser for 75) but black 3k toner costs more than that !

https://www.printerland.co.uk/produc...opened-/146689

Although for occasional use it seems a great deal.

Printerland is helpful as it includes cost per page calculations to make it easier to compare them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I would agree with this...
    Concur here also. I've come full circle having started with inkjets before moving on to lasers after getting frustrated at their low quality and lack of reliability/robustness. I have since returned and am now a happy inkjet user - albeit with relatively modest usage requirements - on a subscription service.

Appreciate the comments regarding inkjet, I think I'm just ready to try laser and see how it goes. The HP MFP M281fdw is a Which Best Buy, has all the features I'm after and a modest footprint so at £173.50 after cashback so I'm going to give it a punt.