closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches of Switzerland Group Share price

Master

Watches of Switzerland Group Share price

up 7.5% this morning

could one of the reasons be because Rolex are reducing their AD's and pushing more to WoS - I think that I read this a couple of weeks ago

Master
    If Rolex want to appear more up market, why on earth would they promote themselves through a chavy dump such as WOS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    up 7.5% this morning

could one of the reasons be because Rolex are reducing their AD's and pushing more to WoS - I think that I read this a couple of weeks ago
    I think I mentioned this in a post, Aurum Group - that chavy dump including Mappin & Webb - are pushing to become UK sole distribution channel for Rolex. Already have over 2/3 of the UK AD market anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    If Rolex want to appear more up market, why on earth would they promote themselves through a chavy dump such as WOS.
    Birmingham aside I've had nothing but excellent customer service from WOS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    I've had nothing but excellent customer service from WOS.
    Likewise.

I think Mick prefers to buy second hand, obviously that’s less chavy than a buying from a WoS retail store...
    Last edited by Benji053; 26th September 2019 at 12:59.

up 7.5% this morning
    Only very briefly by the look of it.

Spread looks to have been wide on opening, hardly any volume traded.

I don't think the price was reacting to anything.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    Likewise.

I think Mick prefers to buy second hand, obviously that’s less chavy than a buying from a WoS retail store...
    If I had the cash I would that second building called Buckingham Palace.

The simple truth is that WOS is nothing to shout about. I recently went into their Oxford branch and it looked like a slightly posher version of Elizabeth Dukes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    I think I mentioned this in a post, Aurum Group - that chavy dump including Mappin & Webb - are pushing to become UK sole distribution channel for Rolex. Already have over 2/3 of the UK AD market anyway.
    How would this benefit Rolex (genuine question) giving sole rights to a single seller? Surely they'd lose much bargaining power. Wouldn't they want a range of AD's (or Rolex owned boutiques only)?

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    How would this benefit Rolex (genuine question) giving sole rights to a single seller? Surely they'd lose much bargaining power. Wouldn't they want a range of AD's (or Rolex owned boutiques only)?
    Reduced distribution costs, far fewer internal distributor / channel managers required to run the channels, also this does not impact the bargaining power as the terms will be set out in advance of signing and for a fixed term in initially, all the risk is rests with WoS mainly.

The reason not to go pure direct through owned boutiques is that Rolex is first and foremost a watchmaker rather than a retailer and in any downturn in the economy they don't want to be sat on a load of retail real estate and people on the books, this way most of the cost of sale / management of sell through sits with the retail partner. At worst they end up with a load of unsold watches but even that would be minimal as WoS would have pre bought defined volumes then its down to them to sell them.

Its the same sales / distribution model that Apple use, only a small percentage of UK Apple sales are from their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    From an AD’s perspective, being an authorised Rolex outlet is a big deal, I’d imagine (though perhaps quite onerous at times too) – I think it was Haywood Milton on here who said that (a few years back at least) in terms of watches sold new in the UK for over £5k RRP, Rolex took the top ten spots by sales volume. It’s probably somewhat of a ‘tent pole’ brand for an AD, supporting a fair bit of their other business, and pulling customers in to look at brands besides Rolex too, in a sort of ‘halo effect’.

In terms of negotiating power, I suspect the Aurum Group would sell their collective Grannies for sole UK AD status – not only would they bolster their own position, but they’d simultaneously weaken that of their competitors. Rolex could probably push a hard bargain.

From Rolex’s perspective, they spend a lot of time making sure ADs keep to their sales guidelines and outfit their store to the standard befitting Rolex, as they see it (all that plush wood & luxurious green colour scheme costs money), so having a one-stop shop might allow them to better control quality in that regard.

Master
    Great replies, thanks!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    The simple truth is that WOS is nothing to shout about. I recently went into their Oxford branch and it looked like a slightly posher version of Elizabeth Dukes.
    There is no WoS in Oxford. (There is a Goldsmiths.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    There is no WoS in Oxford. (There is a Goldsmiths.)
    My guess is that the oxford street branch is the one being commented on.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    My guess is that the oxford street branch is the one being commented on.
    Oxford Street - if this means the one opposite Selfridges then, no. Deffo no chav or Elizabeth Duke action going on.
    3 floors of lovely stock. I've never purchased from there but it's always a great place to browse.

On the whole, the WoS group stores that I have visited are great.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Queen View Post
    Oxford Street - if this means the one opposite Selfridges then, no. Deffo no chav or Elizabeth Duke action going on.
    3 floors of lovely stock. I've never purchased from there but it's always a great place to browse.

On the whole, the WoS group stores that I have visited are great.
    The Regent Street branch is fantastic and if you see the ones in America you would find that the group is far from chavy

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    Birmingham aside I've had nothing but excellent customer service from WOS.

My experience at Birmingham was the worst by far. After I told the manager of the watches I've purchased (GMT/BB58/Chrono S&G) in the last month, he said: 'Why are you buying so many watches? Are they all for yourself?'

Could've meant it in a nice way - but I didn't interpret it that way.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    My experience at Birmingham was the worst by far. After I told the manager of the watches I've purchased (GMT/BB58/Chrono S&G) in the last month, he said: 'Why are you buying so many watches? Are they all for yourself?'

His backside is still twitching from the Hatman14 debacle. What name do you use to log in now, Lee?

Oldmyths : DFS style "sales" and questionable discount deals with insurers that are just begging to be exposed fully.

Some good individuals in some stores, perhaps.

Master
    It’s an old cliche but successful businesses need the three P’s to really hit the highs. Those P’s being Product, Premises and People. If you’ve two you’ll do ok, but never really maximise the opportunity.

I read on these Forums that some folk get really good service from their branch of Goldsmiths or WoS. Personally I’ve not found that to be the case at GS in Meadowhall, quite the opposite. Poorly trained staff with no product knowledge, no interpersonal skills but they look smart in their shiny suits and fixed supercilious grins.

Contrast that with some of the Independents that I’ve had the pleasure of dealing with, where they have better people but sometimes the premises are not so swanky. They’ve had my money and hopefully will continue to do so.

Be a sad day if WoS Group end up as the sole retailer of Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post

A couple of years ago I was seriously looking to buy an APRO. I also wanted to sell my 114270 so thought I'd kill 2 birds so to speak. I knew I'd take a hit but wasn't that bothered at the time. A straight sale my Explorer was worth about £3.7k so I'd entertain figures maybe around £3k since I was looking to spend £15-19k. They were disinterested in my being there, had a 'couldn't be arsed' attitude & offered me a laughable £1.5k even in px despite the fact it was very clear I had some idea of what I was talking about.

errrr

WOSG

1 week - (6.9)%

1 month - (8.32)%

3 months - (3.91)%

Good of the Hyacinth Bucket of the watch world to demonstrate that there's nothing like noisily policing class distinctions for revealing oneself to be a jumped up lower middle class oik.