closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone Else Doing the University Run this Weekend?

Anyone Else Doing the University Run this Weekend?

Tomorrow I’ll drop number 1 son off at University for his 1st year.

Mixed emotions, as it is sad to see him leave home, but great to see him making his own way in the world. Wifey is on an emotional rollercoaster.

Anyone else doing the University drop off?
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 10th November 2021 at 17:57.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My lads have to get into Warwick Arts Centre in Warwick Uni to paint the stage floor, could not have picked a worse day.

Master
    The bus will be dropping me off in Bristol on tueday morning for enrolment. Not sure the bus cares too much.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Tomorrow I’ll drop number 1 son off at Birmingham University for his 1st year.

What's he doing?

Master
    Dropped my 20 year old off in Bordeaux last week for his year abroad (he’s at Bristol).

My 18 year old decided on a gap year before going and two months ago flew to Perth (Australia) and he’s working in a school. Duties split between help out with sports and overseeing the boarders in the evenings/weekends. Food, lodge and around £100 a week but he does quite a bit of overtime so is picking up around £250 a week. It’s their end of term at the end of the month so he’s off to NZ to meet up with another ‘gappie’, hire a camper van and drive around. Then in December he’s going travelling around Oz for 6 to 8 weeks. Seems to be having an amazing time and the experience will be great for him.

My other one is 3 years old so I’ve got years before worrying about what she’ll do.

Tomorrow I’ll drop number 1 son off at Birmingham University for his 1st year.

Mixed emotions, as it is sad to see him leave home, but great to see him making his own way in the world. Wifey is on an emotional rollercoaster.

Anyone else doing the University drop off?
    Just be proud. He’ll have the time of his life at University!

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    What's he doing?
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 10th November 2021 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    The bus will be dropping me off in Bristol on tueday morning for enrolment. Not sure the bus cares too much.
    Best of luck though, hey. Onwards and upwards!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Just be proud. He’ll have the time of his life at University!
    Thanks - and for the nice comment.

Master
    Best of luck though, hey. Onwards and upwards!

Thanks. Fingers crossed, because its a lot of money coming out of the old bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Dropped my 20 year old off in Bordeaux last week for his year abroad (he’s at Bristol).

My 18 year old decided on a gap year before going and two months ago flew to Perth (Australia) and he’s working in a school. Duties split between help out with sports and overseeing the boarders in the evenings/weekends. Food, lodge and around £100 a week but he does quite a bit of overtime so is picking up around £250 a week. It’s their end of term at the end of the month so he’s off to NZ to meet up with another ‘gappie’, hire a camper van and drive around. Then in December he’s going travelling around Oz for 6 to 8 weeks. Seems to be having an amazing time and the experience will be great for him.

My other one is 3 years old so I’ve got years before worrying about what she’ll do.
    What an adventure! That’s on my retirement bucket list.

Sometimes I wish I had another youngster, without the early mornings.

Yes off to Leeds in the Morning to drop Big Dave off after a gap year! Knuckled down this year working for Apple in Cambridge and paid for himself to go LA for several weeks in the summer. Good Lady starting to get upset. I’m getting upset over the financial implications..

Master
    Off to Loughborough on Wednesday with my youngest. The oldest didn’t go to university so this is a first.

Master
    Newcastle last week end for the oldest starting a masters. Leeds this weekend for the youngest starting 2nd year. First time me and the misses will have the house to ourselves for 22 years !!

Just back from Bristol after dropping first born off. She had to book a check in date for her halls, didn’t look like anyone else checked in Friday so she had the place to herself. Very emotional for me and the Mrs, I know she’ll be ok as she pretty much kicked us out today after we’d taken her for a bit of shopping.

My nephew. He turned up today and the lifts don't work so endless stairs to climb and the toilets were not working.
    Great start lol.