closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will new iPhone 11 mean prices of older phones tumble ?

Craftsman

Will new iPhone 11 mean prices of older phones tumble ?

I was a windows phone fan until they stopped it. I then got an iphone 7 as i already had a work ipad.

So, from you experienced Apple fans, will there be a dramatic fall in second hand prices of the older phones as everyone buys the new one. Is it worth waiting a few weeks before looking to move on up, or will nothing change ?

I just wondered whether it may be worth changing for an iPhone X or similar and sell mine ?

I think most of the reduction in price has already taken effect -there is always a switch to the new model, so it’s almost factored into the asking price.

im sure the camera is great on the new model, but I can’t see the point in changing from my XS, which I shouldn’t have bought as I already had/have an X which was/is more than good enough for anything I’ll be using it for in the next few years.

Ive also still got a 7 and I think they are a great phone.
    It's just a matter of time...

Prices won't tumble, no, but they will still go down. Nearly all reviews say to skip the 11 and 11 Pro unless you are desperate for the camera upgrades so I would think the prices of the previous models would drop as they're aged devices and a new one is out, but not an insane amount as the difference is so small.

Would keep an eye out on SC as a lot of us here are princesses and need the latest no matter what the incremental difference.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Prices won't tumble, no, but they will still go down. Nearly all reviews say to skip the 11 and 11 Pro unless you are desperate for the camera upgrades so I would think the prices of the previous models would drop as they're aged devices and a new one is out, but not an insane amount as the difference is so small.

Would keep an eye out on SC as a lot of us here are princesses and need the latest no matter what the incremental difference.
    I’m not sure what reviews you’re reading. The ones I’ve seen say the camera is a huge upgrade, surpassing the Pixel 3 and the battery life is greatly increased making it one of the biggest year in year upgrades for many years.

Prices have or will fall as Apple reduced prices of everything at the start of September. Just after I bought SWMBO an Apple Watch 4 for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I’m not sure what reviews you’re reading. The ones I’ve seen say the camera is a huge upgrade, surpassing the Pixel 3 and the battery life is greatly increased making it one of the biggest year in year upgrades for many years.
    YouTube. Unbox Therapy, MKBHD and The Verge.

No 5G, no 90 Hertz display, no USB C, no dual SIM (nano-sim and e-sim is balls), and no pencil support. Pencil support is probably wanted by 5% of people max though. Not a big deal.

Better battery, yes. Better cameras, yes. But incrementally so.

Regarding the Pixel 3 comment that is fair but the Pixel 4 is out is less than 30 days so the Pixel 3 is an 11 month old phone. You would hope the brand new iPhone would surpass it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Prices have or will fall as Apple reduced prices of everything at the start of September. Just after I bought SWMBO an Apple Watch 4 for Christmas!
    Where did you buy it from? If it was from Apple you have 14 days to return it.

28 or 30 if a new product is launched to supercede and you bought direct from Apple.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Thanks, i hadnt realised that bit.

My brother picked it up for me when he was in Canada. He’ll not be back there until after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    YouTube. Unbox Therapy, MKBHD and The Verge.

No 5G, no 90 Hertz display, no USB C, no dual SIM (nano-sim and e-sim is balls), and no pencil support. Pencil support is probably wanted by 5% of people max though. Not a big deal.

Better battery, yes. Better cameras, yes. But incrementally so.
    To back that up, from the Washington Post's review:

Apple’s $700 iPhone 11 and triple-lens $1,000 11 Pro arrive in stores on Friday. But unless you’re the owner of a 2016 iPhone 7 or earlier — or angling for Instagram influencer status — you probably don’t need one.

We were hard-pressed to find features we couldn’t live without on the 11 — and surprised at how well the X has aged.

Blog Entries
    Still grimly hanging on to my 6 plus which has served me well! Maybe it is an ‘old git’ age thing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Still grimly hanging on to my 6 plus which has served me well! Maybe it is an ‘old git’ age thing.
    My wife still has a 6S , it seems to do the job for her.

Craftsman
    It doesn't usually, iPhones keep their value reasonably well, as do Apple computers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Certainly is! I still have my 6 although the battery life is on the wane and each ios update, I am convinced, slows it down a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Certainly is! I still have my 6 although the battery life is on the wane and each ios update, I am convinced, slows it down a tad.
    I’m still doggedly holding on to my iPhone 6 Plus which has faired surprisingly well.
    Unfortunately it is now no longer supported and iOS 13 will not be available for it.

Master
    I have nothing but the wife has a 6s so the plan is for me to take her 6s and for her to buy a 10. We will wait until January to see if the prices do indeed go down.

I have tried to resist buying an Iphone but the simple reality is that we all need one.

Craftsman
    No, they always keep pretty strong values IME.

Grand Master
    Thankfully I'm one of the people not caught up in the hype of "upgrading" for the newest whatever.I have always bought a couple of years old of what was the best at new.It does all I'd ever need,which is typically text or call someone and browse the Internet,and I'd guess the vast majority will do exactly the same..........vast majority,some may not.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    I’m still doggedly holding on to my iPhone 6 Plus which has faired surprisingly well.
    Unfortunately it is now no longer supported and iOS 13 will not be available for it.
    It surprises me that iPhone 6 is no longer supported as my iPhone SE uploaded IOS 13 ok.

The 7 and 8 are starting to lose their shine now but prices are much stronger than I expected.

It is like watching paint dry now, I remember 18 months after the 6 plus was released they had dropped from like 650 to 180.

Now the 8 plus is 24 months old and are still stupid money used