closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iOS 13.0 and iOS/iPadOS 13.1.3 (now out)

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    iPodOS 13.1 available for my iPod though no sign of an update for my iPhone X.
    I just checked and it is available for my iPhone X.

Craftsman
    Yup, it’s coming down the tube as I type this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Not working well on my iPhone XR.
    Phone froze yesterday when trying to start up the camera. Odd behaviour in displaying different emails to the one I selected to read. Generally feels pretty glitchy

Installed 13.1 and I can post pics again. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Not working well on my iPhone XR.
    Phone froze yesterday when trying to start up the camera. Odd behaviour in displaying different emails to the one I selected to read. Generally feels pretty glitchy
    13.0 was not a good release. Hopefully 13.1 will be better.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    13.0 was not a good release. Hopefully 13.1 will be better.
    Downloading now and hoping for better
    13 felt more like a Microsoft release

I really like the new iPadOS home screen layout with more icons and widgets in landscape.

Craftsman
    13.1 now going on iPad skipping 13.0.

Also 13.1 now on the iPhone7 so hopefully will stabilse.

I can already see that Safari is much better in iPadOS 13.1. It is behaving much more like a desktop browser.

I’ve just connected both XBox One and PS4 controllers to my iPad. They both work really well for games. The iPad Pro is fast becoming the best portable games console.

13.1 has definitely fixed my problems.
    Appears much faster and smoother.

iPadOS 13.1 available for my iPad though no sign of an update for my iPhone X.
    On checking this morning the iOS 13.1 update still wasn't showing as available when checking for a software update. Following the basic IT support technique of OFF/ON the update was shown as available on the first check.

Apparently there are going to be quite a few small updates over the coming weeks including one ASAP to fix a vulnerability with third-party keyboards.

I'm using the latest IOS13 beta version on my ipad pro which is at least 13.1 and have super smooth Safari now, whereas the beta of 13 that eventually got released did all sorts of weird things to forms and when trying to select from drop downs - amazed it got released the amount of log file my ipad sent about it

boads well for 13.1 on IPAD OS

I just connected a bluetooth mouse to my iPad with the new mouse support in Assistive Touch. It takes a bit of getting used to but does seem to work well. I expect it to be great if you use an iPad to remote connect to a computer.

Blog Entries
    Here in house, 5 updates on 5 phones (all fam members and my wife's business phone) 3 went well, 2 didn't. Face recognition didn't work. It looks that it's a well-known flaw. Lots of info as a result of a google search. The final solution was to restart face recognition all over again in Settings.

Menno

Craftsman

iOS 13.0 and iOS/iPadOS 13.1 (now out)

13.1.1 coming down the tube now

Hopefully will fix lots of app crashing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are the 13.1.1 release notes:

iOS:
    - Fixes issues that could prevent iPhone restoring from backup
    - Addresses an issue that could cause battery to drain more quickly
    - Fixes an issue that could impact recognition of Siri requests on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
    - Resolves a problem where Safari search suggestions may re-enable after turning them off
    - Addresses an issue that could cause Reminders to sync slowly
    - Fixes a security issue for third-party keyboard apps

iPadOS:
    - Fixes issues that could prevent iPad restoring from backup
    - Addresses an issue that could cause battery to drain more quickly
    - Resolves a problem where Safari search suggestions may re-enable after turning them off
    - Addresses an issue that could cause Reminders to sync slowly
    - Fixes a security issue for third-party keyboard apps

Maybe a silly question, but why release buggy versions then have to fix them days later? I assumed that was what the beta versions were for? As a user it doesn’t fill me with confidence!

iOS 13.0 and iOS/iPadOS 13.1 (now out)

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Maybe a silly question, but why release buggy versions then have to fix them days later? I assumed that was what the beta versions were for? As a user it doesn’t fill me with confidence!

Because software developers have absolutely no idea about design, engineering, standards, specifications, quality control, testing....... and ooh yes, I have been there.

Software Engineers, Centres of Excellence have to be the most misused terms around.

(Beyond my prejudices, most things, software, machines, cars, the probability of failure is greatest in early life or after routine periodic maintenance).

Last edited by BillyCasper; 27th September 2019 at 21:29.

iOS 13.0 was required for the iPhone 11 range and the Watch 5. The version released was finalised sometime in August so it could be put on the units at the factory before shipping. The beta period for 13 was particularly difficult. iCloud was updated then all the updates were rolled back. In the end Apple decided they needed to release it for anyone who wanted a new watch. They delayed iPadOS until 13.1 shipped. This version was completed less than 2 weeks ago.

I believe they should have delayed shipping the watches for 10 days and only made the update available for existing phones at 13.1. In the end the release of 13.1 was moved up by a week so there were only 5 days with 13.0. Most people should wait at least that time with updates anyway but still, this release hasn’t covered Apple with glory.

Thanks guys, very informative answers!

I updated my iphone SE to 13.1 last night and this morning I received 2 emails with a photo from my phone to my personal email and 1 to my work email. But there is nothing in my email sent folder. Is this usual during the update? The emails were received around the time the update would have finished.

13.1.2 is out now.

Wow, their release schedule is virtually daily at the moment!!
    I have 13 on my XR and iPad and it’s been pretty good so far.

I do think they rushed the original release though

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Jesus 3.15Gb, Microsoft updates all is forgiven

13.1.2 is out now.
    Apple have definitely changed, with these incredibly frequent updates

13.1.2 is out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Apple have definitely changed, with these incredibly frequent updates
    They're taking a leaf from Omega's book. So many updates to the Seamaster it's currently at version 210.30.42.20.03.001.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Because software developers have absolutely no idea about design, engineering, standards, specifications, quality control, testing....... and ooh yes, I have been there.

Software Engineers, Centres of Excellence have to be the most misused terms around.

(Beyond my prejudices, most things, software, machines, cars, the probability of failure is greatest in early life or after routine periodic maintenance).

You old cynic !!

Bring back precompiled procedural code I say. (leaving Prolog declarative aside for the moment)
    Last edited by Brian; 1st October 2019 at 11:46.

iOS 13.1.3 now available.

Changelog.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone using it on an iPhone 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Yep, works fine

Journeyman
    Yep, works fine

Doesn’t work fine for me on iPhone 7.

Touch ID no longer works on my Santander banking app.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    Doesn’t work fine for me on iPhone 7.

Touch ID no longer works on my Santander banking app.
    Is that not just an app issue?

Master
    Since updating my iPhone 8, it now does a highly annoying thing where if you go from an area with wifi, to an area with out wifi (for instance, if I leave my house) then it loses all signal and I have to turn airplane mode on then off again.

Similarly, when it loses signal (usual phone signal) then I have to do the same process.

Very frustrating!

Mine (7+) seems to be having issues staying connected to my Bluetooth car system ( VW) drops out here and there since updating.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Think I will leave it for a bit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I have noticed some conversations (IMessage to another iphone) that have photos in them can sometimes "lock up" and you have to come out to the home screen then click out of the messages app and restart the app.

The battery life has shortened noticeably - I am giving it anothe week and I may restore - it is crap.

Those of you with WiFi plug home switches - they won't work a fix is required.

Errrr that's it so far and I havent used it much;; been busy.

Oh and it drops bluetooth to my headset - which is annoying.

Oh and if you have two Wifi Sources then it randomly drops one and picks up the other one displaying an error that the one it has just acquired is not connected to the internet.

B
    Last edited by Brian; 17th October 2019 at 21:34.

No problems on my 7+.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have noticed some conversations (IMessage to another iphone) that have photos in them can sometimes "lock up" and you have to come out to the home screen then click out of the messages app and restart the app.

The battery life has shortened noticeably - I am giving it anothe week and I may restore - it is crap.

Those of you with WiFi plug home switches - they won't work a fix is required.

Errrr that's it so far and I havent used it much;; been busy.

Oh and it drops bluetooth to my headset - which is annoying.

Oh and if you have two Wifi Sources then it randomly drops one and picks up the other one displaying an error that the one it has just acquired is not connected to the internet.

B
    Are you saying that the issues you list are specific to the iPhone 7? I’m using the iPhone X and am not experiencing any of the above issues, or indeed any issues right now.

“The battery life has shortened noticeably - I am giving it anothe week and I may restore - it is crap.”

This has happened with my 7.
    Battery health says 89%, I charge until it’s 100% but then when I turn the phone on the next day it’s at 80%
    The charge then drops to 70%, almost like a counter, within the first minute of being on, then loses charge throughout the day just being in my bag at work on standby.
    Did the new update yesterday and it’s been slightly better but nothing like a few weeks ago.
    Might have to bite the bullet and get a new battery....
    I do like the swipe keyboard thing though!!

My 7 had battery issues for the first couple of days after updating, but I found out recently that after any update it may take a couple of days for all the stuff in the ‘background’ to re-organise itself, using the battery faster. I usually switch my phone off at night and stick it in a drawer - I never use it as an alarm clock or even take it upstairs, but the advice is to leave it plugged in overnight after an update so it can do all the hard work whilst charging. I did this for a couple of nights and my 7 (battery health 82% and nearly 3 years old) has acceptable battery life again (I may replace the battery but plan to replace the phone at 3 years).

Master
    Are you saying that the issues you list are specific to the iPhone 7? I’m using the iPhone X and am not experiencing any of the above issues, or indeed any issues right now.
    Yes I have to say that this is Iphone 7 specific - the SE is OK and the wifes SE is OK. The XR is OK

As someone says the battery may settle down after a couple of days which is why I'm not doing a restore right now. Battery health is 99%

The Wifi plugs don't work at all on any phones with 13 on.

B
    Last edited by Brian; 18th October 2019 at 22:18.

B
    Who makes them? Are they HomeKit plugs or use their own app? This sounds like a problem with the plug software not being updated for iOS 13.

I have 3 Meross smart Wifi plugs and have had no issues since the update to iOS 13.

Journeyman
    My 7 had battery issues for the first couple of days after updating, but I found out recently that after any update it may take a couple of days for all the stuff in the ‘background’ to re-organise itself, using the battery faster. I usually switch my phone off at night and stick it in a drawer - I never use it as an alarm clock or even take it upstairs, but the advice is to leave it plugged in overnight after an update so it can do all the hard work whilst charging. I did this for a couple of nights and my 7 (battery health 82% and nearly 3 years old) has acceptable battery life again (I may replace the battery but plan to replace the phone at 3 years).

Exactly the same for me

Master
    Who makes them? Are they HomeKit plugs or use their own app? This sounds like a problem with the plug software not being updated for iOS 13.

Merchant
    Wifi Plug Ltd
    sales@wifiplug.co.uk

You are correct. I identified that in about 2 mins of encountering the issue and emailed the company. They have given me a link to a beta.

Battery life "seems" to be improving but i can't say for definite yet.

B

Master
    Well I have 13.1.3 on my iPad but I’ll be damned if I can get this swipe to type thing working. I’ve even resorted to YouTube to figure it out, but still no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Well I have 13.1.3 on my iPad but I’ll be damned if I can get this swipe to type thing working. I’ve even resorted to YouTube to figure it out, but still no joy.
    It only works on the smaller floating keyboard not the standard one.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    It only works on the smaller floating keyboard not the standard one.
    Thank god for that. I was starting to think I was too stupid to suss it out.