closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby world cup 2019

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    S Africa will destroy japan. The way japan play will play right into the Bok’s hands
    I think the consensus is that Japan have already over achieved this world cup, but I really hope they aren’t destroyed.

For f* sake - how is that not a red card

Sorry but that Wales winning try was forward. Anyone can see that. Suggest a trip to Specsavers

Saffers lucky to not get a red there for the dump to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Sorry but that Wales winning try was forward. Anyone can see that. Suggest a trip to Specsavers

Ofc it was forward - but the question is whether it was ripped parallel then drifts forward which is legal.

Utterly joyful rugby. Like watching the Barbars.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Indeed!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

yeah yeah refs were wrong you were right. stick to watch selling, refereeing isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    yeah yeah refs were wrong you were right. stick to watch selling, refereeing isn't for you.
    How's the gammon today?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a rugby match or an episode of casualty?

Master
    SA robbed of a try IMO.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Case could be made for letting try go ahead and going to TMO.

Still think he was probably down though - tough call!

- - - Updated - - -

Wales were very very lucky to win - still see them beating SA or Japan if they shape up for Semis

Master
    A cracking game. All the luck is with Japan but they can't seem to take advantage of it.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Japan are sublime to watch. SA with all that power but Japan with the flair of a team with nothing to lose. This will be close.

My heart’s with Japan.

Wayne Barnes, bless him, as arrogant as ever... not even referred that obvious try
    He wasn't held... Its not American football down by contact
    Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Surely TMO has to interrupt?

Probably too subjective, maybe I answered my own statement then ... But Looks like SA have to play the ref as well. Score twice as much..

Professionalism meets refreshing naivety. Comfortable powerful win for the Bok’s. Japan were never all that. They had good handling and pace but they got badly schooled today.

That try spoke volumes... Mauling half the pitch..it takes alot of skill to keep a maul moving nowadays. For me one of the tries of the tournament.. Play to their weaknesses

Last edited by bdkelly72; 20th October 2019 at 13:07.

Master
    So into the meaningful end of the tournament. Still predicting AB’s to comfortably beat the Boks in two weeks for the threepeat.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Well done Boks but they are a bit of a blunt instrument- can't see the creativity

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Certainly blunt..and I cannot see past NZ either, but how best to dull a blade but with a blunt instrument... Poetic if nothing else..

So to summarise.

England put 40 points on an average Australia.
    NZ put 47 points on poor Ireland.
    The Springbok beat Japan in the second half
    Wales squeak a narrow win over a very poor France.

Next weekend i have little doubt that SA will roll over Wales, unless Wales find a way around the Springbok pack. Unlikely, because playing through the forwards is very much Wales (and Gatlands) game play. They could opt for a kicking game, but North and Halfpenny will need to have a blinder. Can't see it.

England Vs NZ is much more difficult to call. Both have wonderful teams with some genuine world class players. I imagine Eddie with try to use a similar game plan to that used against Australia, but start with Ford. The Slade expriement failed. NZ I imagine will try to play a more open game, however they will be up against a highly mobile pack, a very good centre line and some very good wings. It may come down to how the ref plays the breakdown and who scrummages best. Whatever the outcome it should be great test match.

For those that dont give England a prayer, don't forget that it was only 2 months ago when Australia put 47 points on NZ , but if England are going to win they will need to be pretty much perfect.

Whowever wins this, will win the tournament.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

So to summarise.

Next weekend i have little doubt that SA will roll over Wales, unless Wales find a way around the Springbok pack. Unlikely, because playing through the forwards is very much Wales (and Gatlands) game play. They could opt for a kicking game, but North and Halfpenny will need to have a blinder. Can't see it.

England Vs NZ is much more difficult to call. Both have wonderful teams with some genuine world class players. I imagine Eddie with try to use a similar game plan to that used against Australia, but start with Ford. The Slade expriement failed. NZ I imagine will try to play a more open game, however they will be up against a highly mobile pack, a very good centre line and some very good wings. It may come down to how the ref plays the breakdown and who scrummages best. Whatever the outcome it should be great test match.

For those that dont give England a prayer, don't forget that it was only 2 months ago when Australia put 47 points on NZ , but if England are going to win they will need to be pretty much perfect.

Scott Barrett was red carded for the ABs before half time which obviously opened that game up for the Wallabies. Agree it will be tight - the AB back line is pretty special though

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Everyone’s going for the obvious results, so I’m going:
    Japan, France, Australia and (with slightly less conviction) Ireland.
    I’m absolutely on fire this weekend!

PM me for next week’s lottery numbers :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    I’m absolutely on fire this weekend!

PM me for next week’s lottery numbers :-)
    France wasn't a stupid prediction. ;-)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    So to summarise...

Assuming this is in your humble opinion, and you actually want to talk rugby, I agree that both Eng and NZ have some genuine world class players, but I think only one of them is a proven world class team.

I agree it should be a great game, but England will need to get a good start. If they go behind, then I fear for them and an implosion could soon follow. They’ll also need to continue the ‘look after Sinckler’ project to ensure he stays on the rails.

If they get a good start, it will need to be a big one, as the All Blacks are relentless, and never believe a game is lost until they’re forced down the tunnel.

As it is, I expect England will be facing us for that dreaded fixture, the third place play off, and if that doesn’t happen then fair play to them.

England were huge, very impressive win.
    Ireland were nowhere, as others have said beaten before the kickoff.
    Wales were average but deserved the win, red card was a very cowardly cheap shot.
    Japan schooled by a properly professional team.

Wales need a big step-up to beat the All Blacks in the final.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    England were huge, very impressive win.
    Ireland were nowhere, as others have said beaten before the kickoff.
    Wales were average but deserved the win, red card was a very cowardly cheap shot.
    Japan schooled by a properly professional team.

Wales need a big step-up to beat the All Blacks in the final.
    I think Wales need a big step up to beat SA!

Our recent record is pretty good against SA.

But, those wins were at The Principality, and not in a World Cup. I’m nervous already! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Assuming this is in your humble opinion, and you actually want to talk rugby, I agree that both Eng and NZ have some genuine world class players, but I think only one of them is a proven world class team.

I agree it should be a great game, but England will need to get a good start. If they go behind, then I fear for them and an implosion could soon follow. They’ll also need to continue the ‘look after Sinckler’ project to ensure he stays on the rails.

If they get a good start, it will need to be a big one, as the All Blacks are relentless, and never believe a game is lost until they’re forced down the tunnel.

As it is, I expect England will be facing us for that dreaded fixture, the third place play off, and if that doesn’t happen then fair play to them.
    This is a rugby thread and yes it's just my humble opinion. Other opinions are welcome.

Friedrich Nietzsche

England practicing their on field positions for the match on saturday

Master
    So to summarise.

if england are within 20 points of the AB ill be surprised but maybe i am underestimating them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    if england are within 20 points of the AB ill be surprised but maybe i am underestimating them.
    I think that you are. Just as most people over-estimated Ireland's chances.

Still fancy AB's on Saturday but by 'only' 10-12 points. Although if England end up chasing too hard it could end up being the rout you're predicting!

Enjoyable Weekend, but I think next week's semis line-up looks like what it should be the weekend after (i.e the Final and the 3/4th playoff).
    I personally think England have enough game to do the All Blacks, but I fear they are still a little mentally fragile, and early setbcks could lead to a poor performance, so they really need to start well. I think it will be close.
    I do not think Wales will get past SA, they didn't look good at all, and a match-losing piece of French idiocy (and the subsequent red card) eventually handed them a very streaky win. SA did enough without looking too impressive either, even given the nature of their opposition.

D

I see this photograph is all over the tabloids and Google, and the outcry from the mainly French snowflakes is going up and up. Can't see the problem myself, just a little lighthearted high jinks after the match. Bad taste? Maybe possibly perhaps, but harmless, unlike smashing an elbow into someone's jaw. Losing teams fans hypocrisy of the highest order.

Rugby world cup 2019

The fact it’s the ref of the game, the same one who didn’t see a possibly forward pass doesn’t help.
    Probably nothing to have a meltdown about but at best unprofessional carelessness from an official.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    The fact it’s the ref of the game, the same one who didn’t see a possibly forward pass doesn’t help.
    Probably nothing to have a meltdown about but at best unprofessional carelessness from an official.
    Unfortunately people who like meltdowns, will inevitably have their meltdowns whatever.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Enjoyable Weekend, but I think next week's semis line-up looks like what it should be the weekend after (i.e the Final and the 3/4th playoff).
    I personally think England have enough game to do the All Blacks, but I fear they are still a little mentally fragile, and early setbcks could lead to a poor performance, so they really need to start well. I think it will be close.
    I do not think Wales will get past SA, they didn't look good at all, and a match-losing piece of French idiocy (and the subsequent red card) eventually handed them a very streaky win. SA did enough without looking too impressive either, even given the nature of their opposition.

D
    I think the analysis above to be absolutely 'bang on'......

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've just won two tickets for the Killik Cup at Twickers next month - can't wait

I am sure that Eddie will be very happy to go in as under dogs against NZ, but those who don't give England a chance, are massively underestimating them and their players. Let's hope NZ do the same.

I honest feel it will be really close, just as it was against NZ at Twickers in 2018, just one point in it. The biggest difference now is that players like Itoje have a lot more tests under their belts, plus we have a returning Manu.

It should be a cracker.

Friedrich Nietzsche

No arguments about the red card, however what the ref did afterwards was just stupid and will most likely prevent him from refereeing games containing France in future. He honestly should have known better.

I spoke to a couple of Welsh fans at the golf club today and both admitted Wales had been very very lucky to have made it through to the semis and one even went as far to admit it was a forward pass or that Welsh player was in an off side position.

We all agreed that if we had been French we would be pretty p*ssed off going out like that.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    unlike smashing an elbow into someone's jaw.
    Yes and it wasn’t just “someone” was it, it was Wales’s best player (on the day) coincidence ?

one even went as far to admit it was a forward pass or that Welsh player was in an off side position.
    Did you check whether he was in the front of the stand on that side of the pitch three yards out from the French line ? Welsh or not his opinion is meaningless the Ref, AR and TMO all checked it :SMUG:

Master
    I spoke to a couple of Welsh fans at the golf club today and both admitted Wales had been very very lucky to have made it through to the semis and one even went as far to admit it was a forward pass or that Welsh player was in an off side position.

We all agreed that if we had been French we would be pretty p*ssed off going out like that.
    He had nothing to ‘admit’, the officials officiated and that’s that.

But of course, it’s always tempting to look back on a match you’ve lost narrowly and say ‘that’s the moment we lost it, thanks ref’.

But who knows, maybe Wales would have taken another chance, if France had taken all their chances then it maybe wouldn’t have been a defining moment anyway.

If games were won on ifs buts and maybes, some of the teams who’ve gone home might be in very different positions.

I work about 10 feet away from the Father of one of the England players, we were talking today about how exciting it’s been and how much they’re both enjoying the experience.

His take on Wales was the same as mine, that to get to the semis even whilst not playing very well is pleasing. At this stage, although teams will be favourites over others, you just don’t know. We saw yesterday how an elbow changed the course of a match, similar could happen in the remaining matches.

Looking forward to them!

But of course, it’s always tempting to look back on a match you’ve lost narrowly and say ‘that’s the moment we lost it, thanks ref’.
    Calm down, dear. Andy was talking about Welsh fans so they didn’t lose narrowly, they won narrowly.

And nobody is disputing the fact that France lost the game when one of its more potent weapons blew a fuse. Nor that only the ref+VAR opinions matter.

Yes and it wasn’t just “someone” was it, it was Wales’s best player (on the day) coincidence ?
    No, probably not a coincidence, more.like a cynical attempt to remove their greatest threat. Backfired spectacularly.
    Not sure why certain individuals need to harp on about Wales not deserving to win, sour grapes obviously and a worry that Wales may go further than them for a third world cup in a row (although that's not looking very likely now but who knows?).

Master
    I refer everyone back to that rather controversial decision by said same referee to award a free kick in the Japan game for a squint scrum feed.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    No, probably not a coincidence, more.like a cynical attempt to remove their greatest threat. Backfired spectacularly.
    Not sure why certain individuals need to harp on about Wales not deserving to win, sour grapes obviously and a worry that Wales may go further than them for a third world cup in a row (although that's not looking very likely now but who knows?).
    Ha ha ha, true to form.

Master
    Calm down, dear. Andy was talking about Welsh fans so they didn’t lose narrowly, they won narrowly.

And nobody is disputing the fact that France lost the game when one of its more potent weapons blew a fuse. Nor that only the ref+VAR opinions matter.
    I’m calm thanks??

I was making a more general point too, in response to those that think France lost a game on a dodgy refereeing decision, and that sometimes we fans look back at points in games and pin a loss on it.

I still hurt remembering Sam Warburton’s sending off 4 years ago, doesn’t mean the decision was wrong though.

I completely accept the general point. But you quoted Andy’s post, and as such it became quite specific.

I’m calm thanks??

I was making a more general point too, in response to those that think France lost a game on a dodgy refereeing decision, and that sometimes we fans look back at points in games and pin a loss on it.

I still hurt remembering Sam Warburton’s sending off 4 years ago, doesn’t mean the decision was wrong though.
    Just watched the Sam red again.. It looks alot worse now... Seems my rugby tendancys have been softened along with the stricter laws. I'm sure the first time I saw it.. It was OMG moment what was that red for. Off topic maybe but it was interesting to me how my view of rugby has changed in 7 old years

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk