closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby world cup 2019

A Northern Hemisphere final would be a wonderfull thing to behold. Many of us will age a few years just watching it though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    England 19 - NZ 7. Says it all really. The best team won on the day.

Not bad considering so many wrote them off. Not bad considering they had two ties disallowed. Not bad because the linesmen were blind. Not bad because the TMO was looking for reasons not to give England a decision. Not bad because NZ were consistently infringing, getting off side, diving over the top, etc. Not bad because the only try not reviewed was the NZ ties despite the lineout infringement.

But I am sure many will say England were lucky and that NZ were "off there game", but it doesn't matter because all those who understand rugby can see that the best team won.

England 19 - NZ 7
    Ffs Andy, ever heard of the word humility. It’s because of fans like you, people like to see England lose. England beat the All Blacks, EASILY. Let that be enough and just enjoy the win.

My heart rate has finally returned to normal. The entire England team were immense, to dominate the ABs like that was testament to their belief and game plan. Amazing rugby.

I’ll be cheering wales on tomorrow to set up a NH final

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Utter tosh, I doubt anyone will seriously say England were lucky and only the illiterate will say NZ were “off there game”,
    their

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    their
    But he did say only the illiterate will say 😀.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    But he did say only the illiterate will say .
    Granted

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    My heart rate has finally returned to normal. The entire England team were immense, to dominate the ABs like that was testament to their belief and game plan. Amazing rugby.

I’ll be cheering wales on tomorrow to set up a NH final
    It really did get my heart racing too. What a fantastic game. Haven’t had the pleasure of watching a game like this for a very long time.

Will be cheering on Wales tomorrow also. Would be fantastic to see them in the final too.

Busy coaching this morning so only just finished watching the game - England were huge NZ lucky to get the 7 - can't see either team in the other semi beating them (unfortunately)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    Busy coaching this morning so only just finished watching the game - England were huge NZ lucky to get the 7 - can't see either team in the other semi beating them (unfortunately)
    If they can repeat what they did this morning, then I agree, they should be able to beat anybody.

They need to stay focussed on the prize though, I can’t help but feel it would be easy to consider today the final and be a little complacent about whoever it is next weekend.

I’m sure the England coaching setup will be all over that though.

Master
    Job done, England. C’mon the sheep shaggers tomorrow morning!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    If South Africa beat us tomorrow and then go on to lose to England, England will have beaten Australia, South Africa and New Zealand in the same tournament.
    That would be some achievement. Has that ever been done before?

Master
    They were superb as they were against Australia- two excellent score lines and results. Always easy to dismiss England but they are in the final totally on merit. To go in at half time with NZ on zero was a bit
    of a feat. To win by that and have two tries disallowed again a bit of a feat (the second should have stood imo).. they controlled the game and didn’t let NZ take over.

5/2 odds on them this morning was very very generous, I took advantage of it. I’ve also a sneaky double on an England v Wales final at 12/1. Fingers crossed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Ffs Andy, ever heard of the word humility. It’s because of fans like you, people like to see England lose. England beat the All Blacks, EASILY. Let that be enough and just enjoy the win.
    Mentioning the All Blacks and humility in the same sentence is a bit much! Nice to see England beat their cynical methods by fair play and hard work
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    If South Africa beat us tomorrow and then go on to lose to England, England will have beaten Australia, South Africa and New Zealand in the same tournament.
    That would be some achievement. Has that ever been done before?
    Seeing as the only team outside those three to win the RWC is England, I'm pretty confident it hasn't happened before. You'd expect only a winning team to have played all three.

Sent from my SM-G9750 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Mentioning the All Blacks and humility in the same sentence is a bit much! Nice to see England beat their cynical methods by fair play and hard work
    Fair comment, Richie McCaw was probably the best (worst) ever, perhaps the current team haven’t quite got it ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    In fairness, he was talking about the fans rather than the teams, and England along with all the top teams can do cynical.

The rugby World Cup is the world in union apparently, just not very often in this Rugby thread! :-D

I thought Nigel had a bit of an off day too and I wonder what most of the AR’s actually do ? they certainly can’t spot a forward pass.

Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    Fair comment, Richie McCaw was probably the best (worst) ever, perhaps the current team haven’t quite got it ?
    Exactly why the second try should have stood, or France should have won 8 years ago as McCaw did for 10 years what allowed Youngs to get the ball and score.

But then, neither he nor France were AB...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

England 19 - NZ 7. Says it all really. The best team won on the day.
    Absolutely, couldn't agree more. The best team did win, it was an amazing performance by England.

Almost all of the rest of your post is utter tosh though.

Not bad considering so many wrote them off. Not bad considering they had two ties disallowed. Not bad because the linesmen were blind. Not bad because the TMO was looking for reasons not to give England a decision. Not bad because NZ were consistently infringing, getting off side, diving over the top, etc. Not bad because the only try not reviewed was the NZ ties despite the lineout infringement.
    But I am sure many will say England were lucky and that NZ were "off there game", but it doesn't matter because all those who understand rugby can see that the best team won.
    Very few wrote England off, the tries were disallowed because they weren't tries, the linemen were not blind, the TMO hadn't a fiendish plan to destroy England or to prevent Brexit etc etc. and nobody could say England were lucky because they were the best team by a mile, skill, work rate and tactics.

Just relax after watching a fantastic performance by England, because they played well
    Last edited by Zimmer; 26th October 2019 at 20:12.

"Because of people like" me 😀

But actually it's not because of "people like me" that they want to see England lose. It's because of warped sense nationalistic pride and explicit racism based upon their own insecurities bourne out of events (or their understanding of events) which occurred 100's of years ago and an inability to get over it. But that's another topic - which belongs in Bear Pit, not here.

However you are right. England played very well. I really hope they can do even better next week.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    "Because of people like" me 

But actually it's not because of "people like me" that they want to see England lose. It's because of warped sense nationalistic pride and explicit racism based upon their own insecurities bourne out of events (or their understanding of events) which occurred 100's of years ago and an inability to get over it. But that's another topic - which belongs in Bear Pit, not here.

However you are right. England played very well. I really hope they can do even better next week.
    And posts like that are why people like to see England lose

Master
    "Because of people like" me

I rest my case.
    I complemented England’s win not once, but twice. To take NZ apart as they did was a fantastic achievement, but then YOU had to come out with all that bollocks, and now this post !
    You just can’t help yourself can you.

I rest my case.
    I complemented England’s win not once, but twice. To take NZ apart as they did was a fantastic achievement, but then YOU had to come out with all that bollocks, and now this post !
    You just can’t help yourself can you.
    Jolly good...but:

...all those who understand rugby can see that the best team won.

England 19 - NZ 7

...England played very well. I really hope they can do even better next week.
    Last edited by PickleB; 26th October 2019 at 21:47. Reason: correct cut and past error to get attributions correct

Master
    I’ve got to find a sports bar in Gdansk on Saturday morning, be great if there are some other England fans there.

Master

Rugby world cup 2019

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Jolly good...but:
    You’ve lost me, that’s not my quote. The first quote is, but the second one isn’t.

All this hyperbole as if England have achieved something monumental by beating the All Blacks - don't forget they only got a draw against Italy.....

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    And posts like that are why people like to see England lose
    What "people"? People like you?

Anyway enough of this nonsense. Support the team you want to support (whatever your reasons), because at the end of the day it's only a game.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    All this hyperbole as if England have achieved something monumental by beating the All Blacks - don't forget they only got a draw against Italy.....

Eh? Do you mean the NZ Vs Italy game that was cancelled, hence deemed a draw?

Friedrich Nietzsche

You’ve lost me, that’s not my quote. The first quote is, but the second one isn’t.
    Sorry, I made a mistake in cutting and pasting the quotes. I've edited my post so that the attributions (and links) are correct.

Eh? Do you mean the NZ Vs Italy game that was cancelled, hence deemed a draw?
    Yes, was meant in humour but clearly I need to stick to the day job

Master
    this is no place for humour.

Anyway, why’s this thread still getting posts? I thought the World Cup finished last weekend....no?

Master
    The scoreline flattered the All Blacks. Watching the game again, a 25ish - 0 score would have been reasonable.

To give the Welsh a big compliment, I would rather play South Africa in the final both from a rugby
    perspective and my ticker!

Wales can win this, but they need to get their heads in the game and find a bit of composure.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    SA looking strong early on.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The Boks tactics of boring the opposition to sleep seems to be working thus far

Pretty dull first half. Hope both teams come out having been told to run the ball a bit more!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The Boks tactics of boring the opposition to sleep seems to be working thus far

Its not just SA. Both teams are kicking for position and then failing to do very much when they have it.

The omens do not look good for Wales. Hopefully AW Jones and Gatland can fire them up. They seem to be lacking something at the moment. As do a rather pedestrian SA.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    V good try.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    V good try.

Did someone score? I was asleep

Master
    The more I watch this SA team the more I wish Japan could have found a way passed them. My 8 year old nephew has just said he’s bored and wants to go outside and play.

Opposite of inspirational...

Master
    Wales using brute force where guile is needed.

Master
    And to prove my point.

Reminding me of my removal men failing to get my kitchen table through my front door.

Unlucky Wales. Not the best of games, little flare from either team. What a contrast with yesterday's match.

Awful game I hate the SA style of play, hope England thrash them.

I went out for a drive at HT. The game sounded better on radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I’ve got to find a sports bar in Gdansk on Saturday morning, be great if there are some other England fans there.
    I've got to find one in Wroclaw, Gdansk is great btw

Anybody got a Dudley rugby shirt I can borrow or buy to support the English half of my blood next Saturday?

Master
    I think the final could be a fascinating tussle. Although England seem to have more arrows in their quiver, I would not write off SA's ability to surprise and confound any opposition. They're an awkward team with strong spirit. That's always dangerous.