closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby world cup 2019

Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    Did you check whether he was in the front of the stand on that side of the pitch three yards out from the French line ? Welsh or not his opinion is meaningless the Ref, AR and TMO all checked it :SMUG:

I totally agree with you. However it's doesn't stop people forming an opinion based upon what they have seen or believe what they have seen.

All sport, especially Rugby, due do it being so technical, would be very sterile if the audience were not permitted to discuss or pontificate about it. Happens at mini level Rugby, so why not Test level.

But you are right the only opinion that that matters are those that officiant the games.

Plus atthe end of the day it matters little because it was highly doubtful that either France or Wales were likely to reach the final.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I completely accept the general point. But you quoted Andy’s post, and as such it became quite specific.
    For that I apologise, I didn’t realise you’d read it like that.

I often quote somebody to respond to a particular point raised, but more as part of a group discussion rather than a direct conversation with them.

It never goes wrong like this down the pub! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Plus at the end of the day it matters little because it was highly doubtful that either France or Wales were likely to reach the final.
    Ha we’ll see, an England v Wales final would be fantastic, better than NZ v South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    Ha we’ll see, an England v Wales final would be fantastic, better than NZ v South Africa.
    We can dream!

Owen to ref the England NZ game and Garces to look after Wales and SA. Two excellent refs.

The services of Pepyer are no longer required

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

WRT the French losing, let us not forget that the very talented Ntamack also bounced two very makeable kicks off the posts, either one would have kept the scoreline in their favour.
    The French had it in their power to win it.
    For waht it is worth, I personally think that strip was not forward, given that the most inline view, the aerial one, was taken from behind the ruck, so any rise is height of the ball looks like it is going forward.

Dave

Ford starts and Slade warms the bench. I am pleased.

Should be a great contest tomorrow. I just hope the best team wins. No one gets send off, no yellows cards, no iffy refereeing decisions.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I think it'll be a war of attrition.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m nervous already! It will be a war of attrition, I just hope we start fast...

I'am quietly confident about tomorrows match ! It wont be easy but maybe , just maybe that extra days rest from the cancelled match might pay off !

The missus is half Welsh ,so Good Luck to both teams this weekend

Master
    Just a teensy bit excited...

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    I’m nervous already! It will be a war of attrition, I just hope we start fast...
    And the lottery numbers? :)

Looks like eddie got his tactics right, but one try ahead is zero tries against nz...

Master
    NZ are rattled. Panicky.

Master
    NZ are, as one of the commentators said, scruffy.

10 points up against the All Blacks starting the second half will be handy.

Let’s see how the second half starts! This is too tense...

Master
    Second try ruled out. Oh dear. Would have been nice to have that cushion.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

That’s spoilt the match.

(Well, maybe that was a slightly premature comment!)
    Last edited by catch21; 26th October 2019 at 11:00.

Game over I think. England played well but very poor game as a contest tbh

That’s a very soft try to concede

Can’t do that against NZ

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    That’s a very soft try to concede

Can’t do that against NZ
    England trying to make it a contest

Not the best match you’ll ever watch but an awesome defensive display by England, helped by an off colour NZ

Master
    Great win for England. Kiwis were poor but still a an impressive display from the men in white. Just hope they catch the sniper that shot Farrell at the penalty reversal he could get a game for man u with that performance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Cracking result, best team on the day took the win.

Fair play to England, I thought they played superbly.
    I'm just hoping Wales can step up to the plate tomorrow.

Master
    That first try was fantastic, they thoroughly deserved that win. Well done to them all.

Master
    Well done England. Any team who can beat the All Blacks by that margin deserves their place in the final.
    Let’s just hope that final is against Wales.

Master
    Yep, a good performance by England, and congrats on making the final.

I’ve said in this thread previously that if they start well then they’re difficult to beat. That early try was crucial.

NZ did look strangely absent, but England did make it difficult for them to play, so the tactics were pretty good I guess.

England 19 - NZ 7. Says it all really. The best team won on the day.

Not bad considering so many wrote them off. Not bad considering they had two ties disallowed. Not bad because the linesmen were blind. Not bad because the TMO was looking for reasons not to give England a decision. Not bad because NZ were consistently infringing, getting off side, diving over the top, etc. Not bad because the only try not reviewed was the NZ ties despite the lineout infringement.

But I am sure many will say England were lucky and that NZ were "off there game", but it doesn't matter because all those who understand rugby can see that the best team won.

England 19 - NZ 7

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master

Not bad considering so many wrote them off. Not bad considering they had two ties disallowed. Not bad because the linesmen were blind. Not bad because the TMO was looking for reasons not to give England a decision. Not bad because NZ were consistently infringing, getting off side, diving over the top, etc. Not bad because the only try not reviewed was the NZ ties despite the lineout infringement.

But I am sure many will say England were lucky and that NZ were "off there game", but it doesn't matter because all those who understand rugby can see that the best team won.

England 19 - NZ 7
    Bloody hell, you even whine when you’re winning! :-D

Superb perfomance from England, particularly defensively. Here's to next weekend. If the win of 2003 was anything to go by I may have a hoarse voice next weekend"!

England 19 - NZ 7
    Your glass appears half empty with a turd at the bottom!

Master
    Impressive win by England. Total control I would say. Unlucky not to win by a larger margin.

England 19 - NZ 7
    Got to agree with you there sir... best team did win despite the scriptwriters.

Two blatant forward passes also, the rules seem to bend a little when the All Blacks are on the pitch.

Congrats England and all it’s supporters, have a great weekend.

Tomorrow I’m back to supporting Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Your glass appears half empty with a turd at the bottom!
    The best team played the best and won.
    The result could have been much better for England...and there were a few iffy line calls (or lack of) in NZ favour.
    I think the "turd at the bottom" was NZ

Amazing performance. England win with daylight 2nd. Underhill and Curry were like dogs of hell. Itoje man of the match but so many other players were at 9/10 level. I've never seen the All Blacks go backwards in the tackle so often as they were today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Stunning, just stunning!!

England 19 - NZ 7
    Utter tosh, I doubt anyone will seriously say England were lucky and only the illiterate will say NZ were “off there game”,

Master
    Well done England.
    Any team dismantling the All Blacks like that deserves all the praise.

Master
    Even more excited now.

Great performance by England, made the All Blacks look ordinary. I've never seen the All Blacks kick or go backwards while in possession so much.

Now busy clearing next Saturday so I can enjow the match and have a few beers with my bacon roll.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Congrats, think we may have seen the future world champions today...

Master
    Remind me who it was reviewing the tries etc, wasn't that dodgy ref with the elbow, was it!

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    Remind me who it was reviewing the tries etc, wasn't that dodgy ref with the elbow, was it!
    2nd half try was harshly disallowed IMHO. Couple of forward passes from the ABs but that being said England were offside in defence a few times and not picked up. It really is all about the ref and interpreting them.

Craftsman

England 19 - NZ 7
    I agree, fantastic result before you start to consider how much NZ got the rub of the ref (esp the 2nd disallowed try).

This morning I wondered if we could slip past a sleeping NZ. But in fact England dominant in every area - line out, maul, ruck n scrum. The best I’ve ever seen them play, and no noro virus for NZ to blame this time!

England 19 - NZ 7
    Good Lord what a whine! It was simply a very well deserved win and a truly superb example of how to play the game. Take the chip off your shoulder and just enjoy the moment.
    From a nervous half English half Welsh Wales supporter.

Congrats to England. A great performance, and you can only play who is put in front of you.

Master
    England's defence and handling was top notch. Stifled any potential NZ flair. Pressurized NZ into committing offences. Hard to find fault with England's execution.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    if england are within 20 points of the AB ill be surprised but maybe i am underestimating them.
    Humble pie for one

England far superior

Just shows how far off the pace Ireland were

A fabulous performance from England and a very well deserved win. They were the best team by a mile today.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we can beat SA tomorrow. What a final that would be!

I know bugger all about rugby but watched it in a room full of avid fans, all saying that the French video ref was very biased and looking for something to rule against England and the linesman was useless. But despite that

Well do be England

Master
    England played a ferocious game. I don’t think the ABs played badly, just that England didn’t let them settle at all. Never seen Barrett kicking so many balls into touch as he had nothing else to do with it. Itoje was immense.

England vs Wales in the final would be a huge boost for northern hemisphere rugby.