closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: carwow has anyone used it?

Blog Entries

carwow has anyone used it?

Looking for any views on using carwow or similar people.

Intend to buy in March 2020 and wondered if anyone had good or bad views about them. In particular what if you need to take the car into the dealers for something and the supplying dealer is a long way away?

Also what about trade-ins with them?

Any info appreciated.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I used Carwow to leverage the same discount at my local dealership.

Master
    I used them a couple of years ago. I got prices from a number of dealers and it turned my local dealer offered the best price - so it was simple.

I've also used their best offer in a negotiation with another dealer.

its a good service with no downside risk.

Master
    Yes and there are others “Drive the Deal”
    My local dealer was second cheapest on it but matched the cheapest. Don’t know about trade in though

Used both Drive The Deal and AutoEbid to buy; CarWow I find doesn't give the best discounts.

As has been said sometimes your local dealer will price match but not always, some of the suppliers are working with mass sales bonuses that simply cannot be matched.

Master
    Tried them but consistently found better new car deals on Autotrader. Prices vary from week to week and dealer to dealer.

I’ve used them to leverage my local dealer. It is hassle free as the dealers don’t know your details to contact you and with 5 offers you get a good idea of price

Master
    Driving down the price will normally impact trade in values, submit honesty to wbac and Evans halshaw to gadge value.
    I’d expect selling to one of them will minimise total cost to change.

Also bear in mind that buying via pcp and settling early might also realise a price.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    I used Carwow to leverage the same discount at my local dealership.
    I did the same with DtD. Saved 5%/£7,500 with minimal effort.

Craftsman
    Through carwow I have this week negotiated a 12k discount on a ‘my spec ‘ Audi Q7 .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, I think I'll give it a try after I get a couple of test drives over with.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Used both Drive The Deal and AutoEbid to buy; CarWow I find doesn't give the best discounts.

As has been said sometimes your local dealer will price match but not always, some of the suppliers are working with mass sales bonuses that simply cannot be matched.
    Drive The Deal are consistently cheaper than CarWow and are usually better than AutoEbid IME, but they don’t appear to have the same range as previously.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Looking for any views on using carwow or similar people.

Intend to buy in March 2020 and wondered if anyone had good or bad views about them. In particular what if you need to take the car into the dealers for something and the supplying dealer is a long way away?

Also what about trade-ins with them?

Any info appreciated.
    No direct experience with Carwow but have bought via DrivetheDeal several times and would thoroughly recommend.

It’s a buyers market for most cars mate, what you after ?

Expect derisory trade-in offers though, best selling yourself.

Would also compare against drive the deal and coast2coast cars as a £360 admin fee from carwow is built into your quote which the dealer pays on your behalf.

Journeyman
    I have used Carwow to get a benchmark quote and then work with my local dealer to better it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    No direct experience with Carwow but have bought via DrivetheDeal several times and would thoroughly recommend.

It’s a buyers market for most cars mate, what you after ?

Expect derisory trade-in offers though, best selling yourself.
    Still deciding, at the moment. Thinking Merc GLC, new model Evoque, Volvo XC40 or similar. Alfa Stelvio might have been in the running but a lack of dealers is off putting. Will see what trade in offers we get but prefer trading in to dealing with the tyre kicker brigade.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    prefer trading in to dealing with the tyre kicker brigade.
    I always sell my cars privately and haven't experienced the "tyre kickers" at all, I think it's an urban myth that people go to look at cars with little intention of buying them, time is too short these days. I've also recently sold cars that you would think would attract wannabes but they didn't (a year old Audi S4 Avant and a 987 Boxster S).

Use Autotrader to gauge prices and take just a little bit off. People are always after a bargain and rather than pitch it high and accept offers, I tend to set the selling price competitively and have the phone ring loads. When anyone turns up and tries to bargain, I kindly turn down their offer and tell them there is someone else lined up to view later.

Full service history, all paperwork etc, selling privately has been no hassle and you pocket the margin the dealer would have needed. And my experience is that Autotrader beats Pistonheads every time. I've sold 4 cars privately in the last 12 months. No hassle at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    I always sell my cars privately and haven't experienced the "tyre kickers" at all, I think it's an urban myth that people go to look at cars with little intention of buying them, time is too short these days. I've also recently sold cars that you would think would attract wannabes but they didn't (a year old Audi S4 Avant and a 987 Boxster S).

Use Autotrader to gauge prices and take just a little bit off. People are always after a bargain and rather than pitch it high and accept offers, I tend to set the selling price competitively and have the phone ring loads. When anyone turns up and tries to bargain, I kindly turn down their offer and tell them there is someone else lined up to view later.

Full service history, all paperwork etc, selling privately has been no hassle and you pocket the margin the dealer would have needed. And my experience is that Autotrader beats Pistonheads every time. I've sold 4 cars privately in the last 12 months. No hassle at all.
    How would you normally take payment for sums over £25k? I’d be worried something might go wrong.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I also used CarWow for 13% discount on a Q5 last year. It turned out one of the closest dealers was the cheapest, and the dealers I’d bought the last couple of cars from were the least generous. Very easy to get the price quoted although they did try to reprice for a slightly different spec vehicle so keep an eye on the numbers.
    I also sold a couple of cars privately and did have 2 or 3 time wasters before finally finding buyers. That said it was still a far better deal than the woeful trade in offers I received. I sold the Q5 to Sytner recently for close to private sale money, which was the best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app