closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 108

Thread: Hi Fi Gear

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    94

    Hi Fi Gear

    Just wondering if anyone else on here is also into collecting Hi Fi gear and into highend audio.

    This another passion of mine and another way to blow my salary lol. I mainly listen to vinyl, but I also discover new music via Tidal.

    My main setup is Teac 500 reference series seperates + a Sony PS-X65 turntable + Cambridge Audio Cxn V2 streamer and a set of classic Celestion speakers.

    I also have a portable setup which I recently got which consists of a ibasso Dx220 dap + Focal elegia headphones which sound friggin awesome!

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    High Wycombe UK
    Posts
    133
    LP12, NAIM, B&W 802 ....

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    LP12, NAIM, B&W 802 ....
    That's a next level setup, very nice! I would love a tube amp some day maybe from mcintosh

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    12,614
    my modest set up is a Linn Axis tt with Basik plus arm, Linn lk 85 power amp, Pioneer pd-s505 precision tuned cd player, Denon pma-355 bridged as a pre amp, plus akg 240s phones and Linn Ninka speakers.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  5. #5
    Master Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    8,088
    Rare old mixture!
    Eclipse TD512 speakers, Rogers LS/35A,
    KEF LS50, Marantz PM17ki Signature amp, Eclipse 502 amp, Teac A501 amp,
    Rega P2 turntable, Musical Fidelity CD,
    Netgear NAS drive. Arcam DAC.
    Sonos for streaming.
    I alternate speakers but mainly use KEF LS50 with the Teac A501.
    The Eclipse speakers are frighteningly accurate...I was invited to Abbey Rd studios to audition them.
    https://www.eclipse-td.com/uk/index.html
    love my music more than TV 😅

  6. #6
    like most ive had lots of different gear over the years, now settled on naim 5i-2 with neat motive 2 speakers running through an arcam ir dac (all my music is stored on a netbook in Flac format ) , im pretty happy with the sound from this setup and the only thing i might change (if a used pair come up) is to try a pair of duevel planet omnidirectional speakers .

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow(ish)
    Posts
    334
    Skyman to thread.

  8. #8
    Master subseastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ashby, uk
    Posts
    1,487
    Dali Royal Tower speakers
    Roksan K2 amp
    Roksan K3 dac
    Synolgy 213 nas with music on FLAC
    SONOS to stream it all

    Portable is
    Fiio X5 gen 3
    1964 CIEM'S with Null audio balanced cryo copper cable

    Would love to upgrade my amp to Roksan M2 and move up the dali speaker range but I'd be looking at thousands now for a mark improvement in sound.

    Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Marantz CD10
    Rega DAC
    Michi RHC-10/RHB-10 passive pre/power
    Kef Reference 105/3

    Though these days we more often use a £20 Amazon Echo Input as a source to stream from Spotify rather than the £1800 CD/DAC combo...

    It is nice though that when Alexa tells me the weather it's through amps, speakers and cables that cost me about £7k back in the mid 90's rather than through a tiny bluetooth speaker :-)

  10. #10
    DCS Puccini transport and clock
    Node 2i streamer
    NAD M25 amp (so it can do AV as well)
    Neat MFS Ultimatum speakers

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,589
    Blog Entries
    1
    Love my hifi, some nice kit on those lists

  12. #12
    Craftsman gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    750
    I have a a fair bit. Mainly vinyl and usually 3 TTs up and running.

    Kenwood L-07D, Onkyo PX-100M, Garrard 301, Thorens TD124, Alphason Sonata.
    Arms vary but include Alphason HR100, Audiocraft AC-3300, AC-300, Fidelity Research FR64x
    Lots of various MCs. Step up is a Pioneer MZ-1
    Amps are Leben RS-28x Pre, Quad QMP mono blocs, ARC LS7 Beard P101, some Rogue Audio gear too.
    Speakers are MagnePlanar 1.7 and Mangeplanar MG12
    Sony Professional Walkman for tapes.
    CD and Tuner are Teac.

  13. #13
    Grand Master SimonK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    17,794
    Nobody still using cassettes? My TEAC twin tapedeck still gets use for the irreplaceable mix-tapes and other stuff recorded years ago.

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    1,111
    Just starting out and nothing high end but currently setting up a home cinema/music room. Bought a Denon X3500H, a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers and a nice new 65" TV. Next on the list is a sub, a centre speaker and an Xbox One to replace the kids old 360.

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wixams, Beds
    Posts
    807
    I used to be into my hiding big time and at peak had the best part of 20k tied up in naim, b&w and audio synthesis. Sold most of it when my first business foray went south.
    Iím now starting to build it back up again with the only bits of kit I kept from those days. Current system is.
    Cambridge audio streamer
    Audio synthesis dax decade pre/day
    Audio synthesis desire decade amp
    IPL S5TL speakers

    Chord poly/mojo and Hugo as alternate sources

    Also have
    Thrones TD105 turntable
    Various technics integrated amps as Ďbackupí
    B&O Beomaster 5000 picked up on a whim and stuck in a cupboard.
    Obligatory box of foo wires, plugs and cables which make no difference to the sound at all.

    Some of which will be used to make a new system once we have moved.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Please! Let's not do this!

    I'm fighting the urge to get into nice HiFi. In the last 18 months I've started buying vinyl again and re-set up my Technics TT with Denon amp and rubbish bookshelf speakers. I still have my old vinyl so enjoying listening to it all again. Unfortunately the set up sounds rubbish so keep thinking about upgrading.

    I need an amp, turntable, speakers and CD player if anyone has any cast offs ;) Ideally as small as possible

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    My house (unless I'm out).
    Posts
    2,777
    I've spent a fortune on HiFi ever since I was a teenager.
    The best I ever had was a complete Meridian system with 500 series electronics and active speakers.
    I currently spend more time watching movies than listening to music and have an Apple TV 4K as source with Arcam AVR and Focal Aria/Dome atmos speaker system with SVS and Paradigm subwoofers.

  18. #18
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,979
    Watches are an interest but Hifi & music is my passion. I dont collect Hifi but I am an avid music collector and spend more on music than anything else.

    My kit consists of:
    Playback Designs MPS5 SACD player
    Audio Research 40th Anniversary preamp
    Bent Audio Silver TVC pre amp (passive)
    Brinkmann LaGrange TT with Kuzma 4Point & ZYX Ayame Cartridge
    Yamaha KX1200 tape deck (collects dust mostly)

    Speakers are a work in progress after I sold my last pair to move to a 4-way Active Horn Hybrid system thats been years in the making. The prototyping is done and my pair are finally in build. These will be a no compromise build using mostly TAD drivers and will be EPIC.

    Cheers

  19. #19
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    dunfermline fife
    Posts
    442
    SimAudio Moon 5 amp and cd, Proac D2 speakers on dreadnought stands, power via a pure stabiliser, Abbey Road cables, Lehmann headphone amp powering Sennheiser or Sony headphones. Best of all it has wifeís approval.

  20. #20
    PMC PB1i
    PMC CB6i
    Arcam AVR750
    Oppo UDP-203


  21. #21
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,456
    Tannoy Gold studio monitors (15")
    Rogers JR149 with sub-woofer
    Arcam A80
    Marantz KI Signature 63 CD Player
    Cheap Goldring turntable

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  22. #22
    Exposure dual 1V power
    Exposure 23 pre
    Meridian 206 cd
    Synology nas
    Pmc twenty5 23 speakers

    Also got exposure 6/7 and 8
    Denon avr4310
    And rega p2 turntable

    Havenít listened to any of it for the last 6 months I should have a clear out really

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    3,549
    I have got 2 traditional Hifi systems and a set of streaming wireless speakers.

    In the UK

    Lounge system :-

    Naim Nac 52 pre amp plus PSU.
    Nap300 power amp plus PSU
    Garrard 401 Turntable plus Garrard PSU with Naim Aro arm and Dyna vectra cartridge
    Naim NAT01 tuner
    Naim CDS3 CD Player plus PSU
    Shahinain Arc speakers.


    Dining room system

    Naim 32.5 pre amp plus Naim Hicap
    Naim 250 power amp plus Hicap
    Naim CDX CD player
    Nato4 Tuner
    Naim SBL speakers.


    Spanish Villa

    Set of Kef wireless speakers which acts as a sound bar for the TV and also for streaming music. I am listening to Diana Krall as I type this right now.
    It's a reasonable sound but not in the Naim league.

  24. #24
    Master Tifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,057
    LP12 - Ortofon VMS20e
    Quad 33 pre amp to two 202 Monos.
    B&W DM4's

    Gave it all away.
    Now fully recovered.

  25. #25
    Master bazza.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    2,223
    I'm a bit of a fan myself

    TURNTABLE SETUP
    Michell Orbe, SME V Benz Wood Missing Link Log-Rhythm MK-2 Phono Interconnect
    Fidelity Audio Custom Power Supply
    Rothwell MC1 SUT
    Rothwell Rialto

    SPEAKER STUFF
    ATC 150 Amp
    ATC C1 Center Speaker
    ATC SCM40 speakers
    Roth OLI RA1 Rear speakers
    KEF Sub

    Clocked Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite
    Fidelity Audio Dac 150 SE

    Fidelity Audio NNU X Reference Mains Purifier
    Missing Link Mains cables, Alaqeia Interconnect, Dark Art
    Audio Wire Speaker cable with Fidelity Audio NN Z Speaker Purifier



  26. #26
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.woolrich View Post

    My main setup is Teac 500 reference series seperates + a Sony PS-X65 turntable + Cambridge Audio Cxn V2 streamer and a set of classic Celestion speakers.


    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    I have a Teac 500 reference I bought new over 20 years ago! Still a great bit of kit.

    Also have a Cyrus 2, Beomaster 4000 (bought on here), Thorens TD125 turntable and a Rega Planar 3 my Dad bought me for my 21st in 1985!

  27. #27
    Master Incredible Sulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    3 Degrees West
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I have got 2 traditional Hifi systems and a set of streaming wireless speakers.

    In the UK

    Lounge system :-

    Naim Nac 52 pre amp plus PSU.
    Nap300 power amp plus PSU
    Garrard 401 Turntable plus Garrard PSU with Naim Aro arm and Dyna vectra cartridge
    Naim NAT01 tuner
    Naim CDS3 CD Player plus PSU
    Shahinain Arc speakers.


    Dining room system

    Naim 32.5 pre amp plus Naim Hicap
    Naim 250 power amp plus Hicap
    Naim CDX CD player
    Nato4 Tuner
    Naim SBL speakers.


    Spanish Villa

    Set of Kef wireless speakers which acts as a sound bar for the TV and also for streaming music. I am listening to Diana Krall as I type this right now.
    It's a reasonable sound but not in the Naim league.
    I'm seeing some similarities here.

    UK System 1 Naim NAC252 (powered by a Naim SuperCap), Naim NAP300, Naim HDX Music store/streamer (powered by a Teddy Pardo XPS), Naim Superline Phono stage (powered by a Teddy Supercap), Garrard 301, Koetsu Rosewood cartridge, Quad 2805 Electrostatics.

    UK System 2 Naim Supernait, Naim ND5 network player, PerfectWave CD transport, B+W 805 speakers.

    Spanish Flat - some no name tower system that the previous owners left there. Sounds horrid, but we can't have anything loud as it would annoy the neighbours.

  28. #28
    Beosound 9000 and Beolab 5s.

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I'm seeing some similarities here.

    UK System 1 Naim NAC252 (powered by a Naim SuperCap), Naim NAP300, Naim HDX Music store/streamer (powered by a Teddy Pardo XPS), Naim Superline Phono stage (powered by a Teddy Supercap), Garrard 301, Koetsu Rosewood cartridge, Quad 2805 Electrostatics.

    UK System 2 Naim Supernait, Naim ND5 network player, PerfectWave CD transport, B+W 805 speakers.

    Spanish Flat - some no name tower system that the previous owners left there. Sounds horrid, but we can't have anything loud as it would annoy the neighbours.
    Blimey that likeness is almost uncanny.

    The main reason that I went digital in Spain is that LPs are almost non existant and CDs are mainly horrid stuff of artists I have never heard of.

  30. #30
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    20,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Blimey that likeness is almost uncanny.

    The main reason that I went digital in Spain is that LPs are almost non existant and CDs are mainly horrid stuff of artists I have never heard of.
    And they say 'travel broadens the mind'
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  31. #31
    Master subseastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ashby, uk
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    I'm a bit of a fan myself

    TURNTABLE SETUP
    Michell Orbe, SME V Benz Wood Missing Link Log-Rhythm MK-2 Phono Interconnect
    Fidelity Audio Custom Power Supply
    Rothwell MC1 SUT
    Rothwell Rialto

    SPEAKER STUFF
    ATC 150 Amp
    ATC C1 Center Speaker
    ATC SCM40 speakers
    Roth OLI RA1 Rear speakers
    KEF Sub

    Clocked Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite
    Fidelity Audio Dac 150 SE

    Fidelity Audio NNU X Reference Mains Purifier
    Missing Link Mains cables, Alaqeia Interconnect, Dark Art
    Audio Wire Speaker cable with Fidelity Audio NN Z Speaker Purifier


    Lovely looking set up

    Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    SME Model 30; SME Series V; Ortofon A90
    Whest MC Ref V dual mono phone stage
    Naim CDS II
    Heavily-modified Naim NAC 52
    ATC SCM150ASLT

  33. #33
    Master bazza.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    SME Model 30; SME Series V; Ortofon A90
    Whest MC Ref V dual mono phone stage
    Naim CDS II
    Heavily-modified Naim NAC 52
    ATC SCM150ASLT
    ATC SCM150 very nice bet they sound amazing I'm happy with my little 40s

  34. #34
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    274
    Primare amp and CD player,Audio Physic Virgo speakers ,lovely.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    ATC SCM150 very nice bet they sound amazing I'm happy with my little 40s
    All ATCs are fantastic, the best speakers money can buy IMO. Someone once described them as "the voice of God, with a choir of angels", or somesuch, which was amusing.

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    4,244
    A numark tt-1510 turntable
    NAD cd transport
    QED digit reference DAC
    Feeding an...
    Exposure super xv amp
    Polk audio rt12 floorstanding speakers

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    ATC SCM150 very nice bet they sound amazing I'm happy with my little 40s
    P.S. what's happened to your SME V? No bridge?

  38. #38
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Dali Royal Tower speakers
    Roksan K2 amp
    Roksan K3 dac
    Synolgy 213 nas with music on FLAC
    SONOS to stream it all

    Portable is
    Fiio X5 gen 3
    1964 CIEM'S with Null audio balanced cryo copper cable

    Would love to upgrade my amp to Roksan M2 and move up the dali speaker range but I'd be looking at thousands now for a mark improvement in sound.

    Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
    This is always the challenge, the more you spend you end up with ever diminishing returns.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    I'm a bit of a fan myself

    TURNTABLE SETUP
    Michell Orbe, SME V Benz Wood Missing Link Log-Rhythm MK-2 Phono Interconnect
    Fidelity Audio Custom Power Supply
    Rothwell MC1 SUT
    Rothwell Rialto

    SPEAKER STUFF
    ATC 150 Amp
    ATC C1 Center Speaker
    ATC SCM40 speakers
    Roth OLI RA1 Rear speakers
    KEF Sub

    Clocked Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite
    Fidelity Audio Dac 150 SE

    Fidelity Audio NNU X Reference Mains Purifier
    Missing Link Mains cables, Alaqeia Interconnect, Dark Art
    Audio Wire Speaker cable with Fidelity Audio NN Z Speaker Purifier


    Do you have any issues with the turntable being on the same rack as your centre speaker. Isolating turntables can be a real pain.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    723
    Linn LP12 for vinyl and Linn DS for digital, Naim preamp and active crossover, 4x homemade power amps into Naim SL2 speakers plus nSub. Going active was a revelation, I can't imagine ever running a passive loudspeaker again.

  41. #41
    Master bazza.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.woolrich View Post
    Do you have any issues with the turntable being on the same rack as your centre speaker. Isolating turntables can be a real pain.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

    No because the centre speaker is only used as part of the AV system so its never on if I'm listening to the Orbe (turntable)

    Normally its sat on my HiFi rack but I've just moved and there isn't the space so the CD player and DAC plus rack are all packed up

  42. #42
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    No because the centre speaker is only used as part of the AV system so its never on if I'm listening to the Orbe (turntable)

    Normally its sat on my HiFi rack but I've just moved and there isn't the space so the CD player and DAC plus rack are all packed up
    Makes sense. I have a seperate setup for movies. I have a 65" Panasonic rigged to an Nvidia shield and a synology 8 bay nas with 21tb of storage. For sound I have a Denon Dolby Atmos amp and Dali speakers and a Cambridge Audio subwoofer.

    Surround amps aren't great for music.

    Oh I do also have a project audio turntable and Cambridge Audio pre-amp for the denon.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  43. #43
    Master bazza.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.woolrich View Post
    Makes sense. I have a seperate setup for movies. I have a 65" Panasonic rigged to an Nvidia shield and a synology 8 bay nas with 21tb of storage. For sound I have a Denon Dolby Atmos amp and Dali speakers and a Cambridge Audio subwoofer.

    Surround amps aren't great for music.

    Oh I do also have a project audio turntable and Cambridge Audio pre-amp for the denon.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    I use an old Marantz SR5008 for my 5.1 but it only powers my Centre ATC speaker and Roth rears the front 2 ATC SCM40s are power by
    My ATC HiFi amp

    The Roth's replaced my old Kef Egg which were crap in comparison the Roths are great little speakers I only picked them up last month

  44. #44
    Beolab 9 fronts, Beolab 8000 rear.

  45. #45
    Master amnesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,536
    Blog Entries
    1
    I used to have the following - paid for by my Y2K bonus in 2001

    Arcam DiVA A85 amp
    Arcam DiVA CD72 cd player
    KEF Q55.2 floorstanders
    QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable (bi-wired)
    Van den Hul D102 III Hybrid interconnects
    Atacama Equinox hifi rack

    Did me very well for a few years, until the rug rats turned up and I couldn't use the lounge as my man-cave :(

    Now I'm reduced to decent headphones and portable sources, or the car

  46. #46
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I used to have the following - paid for by my Y2K bonus in 2001

    Arcam DiVA A85 amp
    Arcam DiVA CD72 cd player
    KEF Q55.2 floorstanders
    QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable (bi-wired)
    Van den Hul D102 III Hybrid interconnects
    Atacama Equinox hifi rack

    Did me very well for a few years, until the rug rats turned up and I couldn't use the lounge as my man-cave :(

    Now I'm reduced to decent headphones and portable sources, or the car
    I know that feeling lol!

    I have two daughters.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    683
    I have a lovely Arcam setup but need to find a streamer that can handle all typical files including FLAC and ideally work with Alexa. Any suggestions?

  48. #48
    Master Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Tannoy Gold studio monitors (15")
    Rogers JR149 with sub-woofer
    Arcam A80
    Marantz KI Signature 63 CD Player
    Cheap Goldring turntable

    Eddie
    Those Rogers JR149's are the same drivers as the legendary LS3/5A's and command high second hand prices. The sponge surrounds can perish over the years.

  49. #49
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    174
    Has anyone experienced a Naim Uniti Nova and can say how it compares to the set ups in this thread?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  50. #50
    Master sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK/Canada
    Posts
    4,499
    I use Audirvana to play hi-res files through a Schiit Modi DAC to a Schiit Magni headphone amp, and listen on Oppo PM3s. A very satisfying, detailed setup.

    My portable pair are an A&K Jr and a B&O H6, also playing hi-res files usually. Also sounds pretty good!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •