closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’m done for this year are you?

Master

I’m done for this year are you?

I buy to keep and never to flip but it doesn’t always work that way.

Out:
    - Tudor Pelagos - I sold my Pelagos after less than a year owning it. I knew I wanted it and I knew it had a very utilitarian aesthetic but it just wasn’t versatile enough in the end. Lovely watch but just not for the moment.

In:
    - Tudor black bay 58 - I bought this before selling my Pelagos and it contributed to the demise of the Pelagos. The 58 is a stunning, well proportions versatile and comfortable watch. It has become one of my daily watches and I never plan on selling it.

- Tudor black bay GMT - Having sold my Pelagos I was on the hunt for a replacement. I dismissed the GMT as the dimensions sounded too big for my taste. Having tried one on (and done the research prior) it’s a peach. The crystal makes up 1.5mm ish of the 14.5 thisckness and the bevelled bottom of the case makes it wear considerably smaller than the regular BB 41 line. The silver detailing makes it look crisp and almost modern. It is a lovely and versatile watch. I interchange this with my 58 for daily use and it will be my travel watch.

SOTC:
    - Tudor BB58 - diver and daily
    - Tudor GMT - GMG and daily
    - Longines conquest - beater
    - Omega seamaster AT golf 8500 - smart occasions and occasional weekend watch
    - Seiko gifted to me by my dad - sentimental value
    - Tommy hilfiguer - sentimental watch bought for me by my now wife

Future plans:
    I did want a Rolex GMT master BLRO but the jubilee was a concession for me and honestly I prefer my Tudor. My plans are now wide open and for a while I am just enjoying my current collection. It’s. Happy time.

Stu

Quiet year for me TBH.

Out - Linde Werdelin Spidolite, very difficult decision but a mate was very interested and it got me a Panerai 243 Sub in a trade which I had wanted for ages.

In - Other than the PAM, nothing so far but the ZRC thread has got me thinking I should buy one. Toying with a Radiomir, but having had one before I think the ZRC will come first.

Possibly the JP market Aqualand that was recently released, but the ZRC has priority.

What are we like!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    What are we like!.
    Mental but it makes us happy 😃

Master
    I'm in the mood for a bb58. Only way that'll happen is through getting rid of a Datejust which is never worn as I just don't do dress watches.

Other than that, nothing else planned for the year other than taking delivery of the newmark 71.

Outgoings are the Smiths vanguard, 29A, and 29AM.

If I get a call for a Pepsi or a Sea-Dweller I’ll buy. I’m waiting for an email on a 5711 and 5167, which I’ll buy when they are allocated. Apart from that I’m desperately trying not to buy any other watches.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    If I get a call for a Pepsi or a Sea-Dweller I’ll buy. I’m waiting for an email on a 5711 and 5167, which I’ll buy when they are allocated. Apart from that I’m desperately trying not to buy any other watches.
    So that's 4 then?

Not really trying very hard at all! Lol.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    So that's 4 then?

Not really trying very hard at all! Lol.
    Well... the Patek’s were ordered years ago, so just waiting until I’m next in-line, but at least I know they will arrive at some point - might not be this year though :( . The Rolex are “expressions of interest” only - so I’m not holding out much hope on them, but you never know.
    It's just a matter of time...

I’m done. Hurt my wrist a while back and have not worn a watch this year as it too painful and it does not seem to be getting any better. Currently on holiday and trying to get on with my lightest g shock but it’s not good. Rather annoying as I finally got my Daytona black dial in June which is sat in a box. Mrs Wright has her beady eye on it and number one son seems to be rather friendly too.

Andy

I’ve bought and sold a 36mm Everest within a couple of days and bought the 40mm version last week.

Other than that, nothing and no plans either.

Well... the Patek’s were ordered years ago, so just waiting until I’m next in-line, but at least I know they will arrive at some point - might not be this year though :( . The Rolex are “expressions of interest” only - so I’m not holding out much hope on them, but you never know.
    I didn't you had your name down for the white 5711 too? Nice! I had wondered from an earlier post whether your 5167 had arrived, I didn't recall an arrival thread.

I'm still waiting for my call on the 5164 (although in two minds as I have the 5167), and also on the waiting list for the SD43 (depending on how it feels) and the polar Explorer II (depending on size on wrist). I'm also on the list for the Daisy Daytona and the 5126 blue (but they are yearrsssss off).

No plans to sell, the last time I sold was a mistake (I sold my SDc the week before it was discontinued, and so "lost" £2k+ !). Plus, you go into the AD's black book if you sell a Patek (unless you sell it back to them at RRP).

Grand Master
    I’m still flirting with the idea of buying a Rolex OP 36, but not at list price or anywhere near, I don’t want one that badly. If I find one I’ll sell my 2001 steel Datejust, a watch I like but rarely wear.

My only ‘incoming’ this year had been the 1972 Omega C case Constellation I bought recently and featured on here last week. Absolutely loving this, didn’t know how much I wanted one till I got it. I’m trying to limit or reduce my collection, so I let a 1965 Seamaster 600 go to make way.

Officially I’m not looking to buy and my strategy is to sell a few........unofficially I’ve always got my eyes open!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I’m done. Hurt my wrist a while back and have not worn a watch this year as it too painful and it does not seem to be getting any better. Currently on holiday and trying to get on with my lightest g shock but it’s not good. Rather annoying as I finally got my Daytona black dial in June which is sat in a box. Mrs Wright has her beady eye on it and number one son seems to be rather friendly too.

Andy
    Have you tried the other wrist (for wearing a watch, that is)? The main danger is clattering the, once safe, arm against a wall or doorframe - so I would not start with the Daytona!

-- Tim

Master
    Recently picked up a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage, which has pushed a lot of more expensive stuff off my wrist. In fact, at the moment, it's all I wear.

Blog Entries
    I’m done for this year are you?

No, still looking for a really nice 16610 and still waiting for a Pepsi. Oh well, something will turn up eventually.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Officially I’m not looking to buy and my strategy is to sell a few........unofficially I’ve always got my eyes open!
    +1
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by in_denial View Post
    Have you tried the other wrist (for wearing a watch, that is)? The main danger is clattering the, once safe, arm against a wall or doorframe - so I would not start with the Daytona!

-- Tim
    Yes tried that last holiday and by the end that wrist was painful too. You are right though, I kept bashing the watch against things. Remarkably resilient those G Shocks :)

I made a big (for me) purchase in October so I haven't bought anything this year. I even managed to not buy any cheap and cheerful quartz models! I did however find a Datejust-alike that was sat in my Dad's draw whilst looking for keys. It wasn't working but an £8 battery change soon sorted it. I've been wearing it this week and I love it. The secomds fit the markers bang on, timing is excellent and it has applied markers and I think even sapphire glass. The problem is it's now making me want the real thing in jubilee/smooth bezel/silver dial combo. The worry is I'll end up trying a 126200 on when I collect my warranty card in October. I very nearly put out a wtb for a ss Datejust yesterday as an older silver dial on jubilee may scratch the itch for considerably less money!

Awaiting a Halios Seaforth Bronze later this month. So far on schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly, maybe done. I'm toying with selling the lot for an Urwerk but trying one on isn't so easy...

Out: Rose gold Yachtmaster 116655
    In: AP ROO Chrono Titanium
    In: Mr Jones Watches Last laugh Tattoo

Thought I was done, with my Tudor BB Chrono being all things I needed - until I saw that bloody Zenith Defy Titanium on SC at the moment..... it’s lovely and I can’t stop looking at it!!!!

In:
    BB steel
    GS Divers
    BB black
    Out:
    BB Steel
    Grand Seiko Divers
    BB Black

Ha ha - I’m mad

Master
    Only one in this year this far, 126660 JC, one out, PAM 24. But hoping to move a few more on due to a house move (nightmare btw).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Done as i am only a three watch man(apart from G shocks as they don't count)

In Rolex SD43/50 i was after one since they launched and it dose not disappoint...could easily be the one watch for me.

Staying Rolex 216570 Polar so comfy and which i may give to my brother next time i visit Oz.

Out...any sort of smart watch...tried Garmin Fenix 5X and Samsung Galaxy Watch and not for me.

I'm sure I remember you having a 5711: am I wrong, are you greedy or did you sell it and regret it?
    Last edited by WatchIng; 18th September 2019 at 13:55.

Craftsman
    Yeah after my aqua Terra skyfall I'm done for a while. Thinking of selling my stowa marine Klassik manual wind as it's not getting any wear.

Craftsman
    In
    The usual submariner date in black.
    Deepsea
    Sorry but never can remember the numbers !! I just love this
    Fenix 5X

Out. Nothing. I keep the buggers much to the annoyance of my watch.

Still 3 months to go so would like a Seadweller should I find a nice one

- - - Updated - - -

In
    The usual submariner date in black.
    Deepsea
    Sorry but never can remember the numbers !! I just love this
    Fenix 5X

Out. Nothing. I keep the buggers much to the annoyance of my watch.

Still 3 months to go so would like a Seadweller should I find a nice one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by in_denial View Post

-- Tim
    Until 13 or so years ago I'd always won my watch on my left wrist (I'm also left-handed). Had a dish-washing accident (stop sniggering) that resulted in several stitches to my left wrist, so had no choice but to start wearing my watch on my right wrist and I've never reverted. When I do occasionally try a watch on my left now it just feels weird.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Thought I was done, with my Tudor BB Chrono being all things I needed - until I saw that bloody Zenith Defy Titanium on SC at the moment..... it’s lovely and I can’t stop looking at it!!!!

In:
    BB steel
    GS Divers
    BB black
    Out:
    BB Steel
    Grand Seiko Divers
    BB Black

Ha ha - I’m mad

The Zenith is calling you, I can hear it in my watch roll ;)

I think I am far from done this year, it has been a mad one...
    Last edited by Berty234; 18th September 2019 at 18:21.

having four this year inc a cartier, DJ41 , CW and a cheapo quartz, also with nigh on £1000 in service costs on two watches I am done this year ,
    new year a new wish list , but I will not let the collection grow more than 12 , so it will be as it has been 1 in 1 out .

Craftsman
    Out:
    2 x Christopher Ward, 2 x Seiko, 1 x Hamilton, 1 x Bulova, and 1 x vintage.

In:
    Oris Aquis green
    Tudor BB58

I’ve succeeded in reducing down to a manageable number and very content as I now mostly wear my two Tudors.

I must however admit that I’m fascinated by the new Apple Watch 5...

I'm done for LIFE.

I just need a couple of watches to finish my collection. Haha.

Nothing in
    Nothing out

Very depressing

Want :

126710BLRO
    126600 SD
    5164R RG Aquanaut

None of which I’m gonna see anytime soon 😭

Craftsman
    In: 126710 BLRO

Out (probably): 16600
    Out (probably): 216600

Moving house is expensive :(

Journeyman
    In: rolex explorer no date, black bay Gmt, speedmaster apollo 11 50th

Out: nothing yet, but planning to let my Pelagos, blackbay bucherer & breitling superocean go.

If I get the call on a Rolex Hulk I'll pull the trigger, but I've been waiting forever like most people.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

In:
    Tissot T660
    Sicura Memostar
    Vulcain hand cranker
    Carpentier auto day/date
    Lanco Autolub

All are mint, the last three were NOS, the first two barely worn. Done? Well, I don't have an itch for something new, but I still scan ebay and bid when I find something I like.

I don't do "Out".

Craftsman
    In
    Black bay s and g
    Pam 1392
    Pam 913
    Pam 753
    Black bay bronze slate dial
    Omega apollo 11 50th

Out
    Rolex hulk

Impending hopefully
    Sub non date
    And a new radiomar to replace the 753

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope so.

I hadn't planned to add any watches (I'm not good at moving them on, either!), but I still managed to acquire 3 new (to me) watches this year!

Precista PRS45 Aerotimer
    Laco Flieger Typ B
    Sinn EZM-3

Small beer, numerically and fiscally, compared to what many have added, but with over 40 watches now, adding more seems crazy!

My trouble is I buy what I like, not with any grand plan in mind - The notion of selling a large number (many are very cheap watches anyway) to fund a single 'better' watch just doesn't appeal to me.

In my mind, I often think I'd like a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms or a Zenith 1969 El Primero, but I suspect in reality I'd always be put off by the cost for a single watch, either (new) would be a nice dive trip to the Galapagos and whilst I could get some of my money back on a watch, I think the experience would be priceless by comparison.

Next year, my new year's resolution will be to NOT buy any watches

M
    Last edited by snowman; 19th September 2019 at 10:16.

Master
    We are completing out house move in 11 days so watch buying is the last thing my bank can contemplate at the moment. We are moving from a 3 bed to a 5 bed so the cost of curtains and blind alone would probably get me a very nice piece - and a divorce.

Once the move is done though watches are firmly back on the agenda. I'm now focusing on complications rather than specific watches. I have a predominantly tool / sports watch focused collection so feel the gaps are...
    1) Chronograph - I'm not a fan of the speedy or monaco so at present i'm thinking BB Chrono or Breitling Chronomat (which may lead to a twofer)
    2) GMT / World time - has to be traveller type not office, this restricts things to things like Tudor GMT, GS GMT, Breitling Chronomat GMT / galactic unitime or UN Dual Time.
    3) Dress watch - Looking at going a bit silly here and going for a cheap chinese tourbillon, eddies future art deco piece or something similar. A Cartier Tank XL of some kind would be nice but a bit pricey for something i'll rarely wear and only own for 'completeness'.

I've never really liked fleigers but maybe some sort of B&R would be on the cards if a cheapie crops up somewhere.
    There are many other niches / complications I like - gas tubes, ana-digi, world time, but these would be more fluid, the above would be keepers so will have to be bought wisely.

Craftsman
    Been fairly quiet this year:

In:
    * Explorer 214270
    * Sub ND 114060
    * On order.....BB 58
    * On order.....OP 39 White Face

Out:
    * BB Heritage
    * Explorer 214270
    * Explorer II 16570

I'm really tempted to sell my GMTc and cash in on the recent price rises, i'm not sure they'll go any higher tbh and I wear the Sub more than the GMT. I sold a Planet Ocean 2500 42 3 years ago and really miss it....so tempted to pick another one up.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quiet year for me

IN

BB58
    Borealis
    Seiko samurai

Out
    Borealis

Do have a sub and bb gmt in order hopefully one will come in by the end of year

Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    In: 126710 BLRO

Out (probably): 16600
    Out (probably): 216600

Moving house is expensive :(
    So will we see you running to 250 in order to sell those on Sales Corner or will you use one of your other TZ-UK member IDs? Only curious.
    Last edited by Raffe; 19th September 2019 at 13:28. Reason: ahemmm (M&R thread)
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    1) Chronograph - I'm not a fan of the speedy or monaco so at present i'm thinking BB Chrono or Breitling Chronomat (which may lead to a twofer)
    Think Zenith, also.

Journeyman
    Stıll waiting for adjust fiancing for 16610

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Think Zenith, also.
    I'd love to like Zenith chronographs as they have an amazing history but I find the styling just not my cup of tea. Sub dials are too big / close together and there are some truly ghastly(to my eyes) open heart things that i'm sure some people love the look of but I just can't. I'm sure some people would say the same for the chronomat - it's no shrinking violet and is 'busy' but to me it just gels, the BB chrono is a total bargain and looks good too. Nothing is on the cards any time soon so my fickle taste may change and who knows what i'll end up with lol.

Not all Zenith Chronographs have aopen heart

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I'd love to like Zenith chronographs as they have an amazing history but I find the styling just not my cup of tea. Sub dials are too big / close together and there are some truly ghastly(to my eyes) open heart things that i'm sure some people love the look of but I just can't. I'm sure some people would say the same for the chronomat - it's no shrinking violet and is 'busy' but to me it just gels, the BB chrono is a total bargain and looks good too. Nothing is on the cards any time soon so my fickle taste may change and who knows what i'll end up with lol.
    I hear you - I don't like the open-hearts *at all*. But I was thinking more:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ze...-2-introducing

Journeyman
    In:
    Omega Aqua Terra Quartz teak dial and applied markers
    Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 38.5

Out:
    Omega Aqua Terra Quartz teak dial and applied markers

Potential before the end of the year.

In:
    Smiths Everest

Out:
    Seiko SKX013

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    im in a constant state of horological superposition, im always done, have enough watches and also always in search of a new watch.

Master
    No, not by a long shot. :)

From what I can remember...

In:
    Rolex DJ41 Blue
    Zenith Defy Xtreme
    Zenith Spindrift
    Zenith Rainbow Flyback
    Omega Aqua Terra
    Omega DSOTM
    Tudor Heritage Chrono
    GP Laureato Evo 3
    IWC Aquatimer
    BP Fifty Fathoms blue dial / titanium
    Oris Aquis
    Omega Double Eagle Perpetual Calendar
    Longines Conquest Ceramic / Steel
    Cartier Santos 100 XL
    Zenith Doublematic
    Metal G Shock thingy

Out:
    Rolex SD43
    Rolex Skydweller Rose Gold
    Rolex SD4K
    Omega PO GMT
    Corum Bubble Bats
    Zenith Defy Xtreme
    Zenith Spindrift
    Zenith Rainbow Flyback
    Breitling Seawolf Black Steel Cobra Dial
    Omega Aqua Terra
    Omega DSOTM
    Tudor Heritage Chrono
    GP Laureato Evo 3
    IWC Aquatimer

Still another 3 months to go, so more activity on the horizon - perhaps a Yachtmaster II
    Last edited by mtagrant; 19th September 2019 at 22:08.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    No, not by a long shot. :)

Wow. Respect.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I have only just got back into watches after a loss of interest for a few years.

I have bought about 7 or 8 in as many weeks and I hope that is me done now.

They were not the most expensive watches but still adds up quickly when you buy many £300 - £400 watches