closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone else not yet started this year?

Anyone else not yet started this year?

In: 0
    Out: 0

I tried to persuade myself to buy a vintage Omega, but in the hours after looking at it, it was the tarnish on the hands that I kept picturing in my mind. I tried to persuade myself of a Montblanc two hander, but the design wasn't quite endearing enough. I tried to persuade myself to buy an Isograph, but decided 42mm wasn't right for me as an everyday watch. I tried to persuade myself to buy a 2892-era AT, but decided it was a bit too plain, even for me. I tried to persuade myself to buy an OP36, but couldn't get over the big domed bezel. I wanted to buy the ultrathin Nivrel auto similar to my Cœur de la Sarre, but the one which had sat on Ebay for years had finally sold. I thought about buying the Tourby with the quirky dial that's always entertained me, but found it less fun when taken seriously. I never knew I was this bad at wasting money.

Master
    I'm in negative numbers this year, but have my eye on a couple of pieces I'd like to track down, but then I'm saving for an expensive to me piece for next year.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Me. No ins or outs but to be fair that’s likely to change by year end

To be honest I’ve been alright with what I have and lost the love. The break has done me some good in some ways but in so many other ways not so much, primarily they way in which some brands have gone from the sublime to ridiculous as far as prices are concerned in the couple of years
    Last edited by watch-nut; 24th September 2019 at 19:14.

Grand Master
    I seem to stumble across watches I want to buy when I`m least expecting it or when I`m not actively looking. The C-case Constellation I got recently was a good example, I wasn`t actively looking but when it came up I had to have it.

Look for stuff and you never seem to find it, don`t look and something crops up!

The numbers this year balance for me, 1 in 1 out.....well almost. One of my project 'fixer upper' watches has formed a strong attachment to my watch box.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I seem to stumble across watches I want to buy when I`m least expecting it or when I`m not actively looking.
    Exactly my situation this year, Paul. I was fully intending to buy nothing during 2019, but when the Dreadnought appeared on SC it was too good to let it get away...

Simon

Really quiet year for me, moving house tends to do that!

Out 2
    In 1

and Eddie's Caribbean before year end would finish 2019 in perfect harmony and balance....but I think that's a bit unlikely now.

Craftsman
    Zero for me too. Feeling the urge to get something, but there is nothing really grabbing me. Only one incoming last year too.